1. Hello. I have a disc priest currently around 6.1k with 4 T10, and I tried healing Bane for the first time and I had few issues in phase 1. (the other healer was shaman).
    First, there was always 1 melee (warrior) taking multiple ghouls breaking the shield and he was getting infest so he needed to be healed for around 15-20k. On top of that both tanks were taking significant amount of damage, I was using penance on both tanks PoM as soon as it was ready, and had no other choice but to spam few flash heals on the melee, which kinda ruined my shielding rotation and made me lose a lot of mana.

What would be your advice for situations like this?
    Hey there! I might be a little too late with the response, but the following advices came to my head:
    You and the shaman's abs and healings should be close to equal, this way you can make sure that both of you are doing good work. Of course your absorbs will spike the most after the infests. This advice is just a general one for all your bane heals.
    About the ghouls:
    1. you want to make it sure that the offtank has most of them, and they are nut running wild, and popping your shields
    2. since you don't have much influence on the incoming damage to the warrior (him taking aggro of the ghould, cuz of the faceplant on the cleave), you will have to control your shielding order. Apply the PWS on him last, right before infest hits. This way you won't have to mess up the shielding, but you do need to keep an eye on him, since he is taking more damage.
    3. If the warrior is taking too much damage, and you can't keep up with it, he needs to control his damage, and not to get aggro. He has to change his playstyle to fit the healers, and to make a try a successful kill.

This way the infests should be covered up, and you won't have to use flash heals on the melee group. Good luck ^^

Anybody knows the spellpower-to-bonus-shield ratio for PvE Disci? (assuming all talents for max shielding)

Like 1 spellpower = how much more dmg absorb?
    I added a calculation to the "stats" section to cover up this question.

One way I know to check the absorb value of my shields without using addons and stuff is by casting the shield on myself and checking the heal from the glyph, the heal can't be crit.
    I use this as well, but note that the glyph heal CAN crit (Divine Aegis says hi), the above still works, you just have to wait cast the shield again till the heal doesn't crit :D

Very clean guide and good to read.

Thanks so much for this, will be giving it a chance.
    Thank you for the kind words, I am glad you like it :)

2. @Nemmish also forgot to ask, do you have any tips on what to pick up from the vote shop after dinging 80?

Its been a while since I leveled a alt so my vote points got really stacked, I could prob gear by new Priest full just from the vote shop lol.

3. @Nemmish also forgot to ask, do you have any tips on what to pick up from the vote shop after dinging 80?

Its been a while since I leveled a alt so my vote points got really stacked, I could prob gear by new Priest full just from the vote shop lol.
    Oh well... it's been a while since I visited the cloth items in the vote shop, so bare with me here.

First of all grab Show of Faith as a trinket. 2nd one, possibly because you are still gearing up, mana might be an issue, I would grab Sif's Remembrance. When you can, try to switch this to the toc25 one, or the eof one.
    Since SP is the main stat, I would recommend grabbing all the 239 ilvl clothes (of course the healing ones, so no hit rating). If you were to run out of points around here, then prioritize the ones w/o spirit. If there is no item with 239, then go lower on the ilvl, but note that these ones are usually easily farmed, and thus not worth spending points on.
    As a cape, your best bet might be Drape of the Sullen Goddess.
    The MH+OH combo is Constellus (mace) and Shivered Heart.
    For the neck, the 232 ones are better, but these ones you can farm in toc10 mans.
    Your best bet as a ring might be Starshine Circle, but I think you would be better off grabbing the Dalaran one.

In my opinion the most important ones to grab are the trinkets, possibly the weapons. If you can, grab a battered hilt, and don't spend the points on a MH weapon, since BH is good to go till the ICC gear levels.

4. Oh well... it's been a while since I visited the cloth items in the vote shop, so bare with me here.

First of all grab Show of Faith as a trinket. 2nd one, possibly because you are still gearing up, mana might be an issue, I would grab Sif's Remembrance. When you can, try to switch this to the toc25 one, or the eof one.
    Since SP is the main stat, I would recommend grabbing all the 239 ilvl clothes (of course the healing ones, so no hit rating). If you were to run out of points around here, then prioritize the ones w/o spirit. If there is no item with 239, then go lower on the ilvl, but note that these ones are usually easily farmed, and thus not worth spending points on.
    As a cape, your best bet might be Drape of the Sullen Goddess.
    The MH+OH combo is Constellus (mace) and Shivered Heart.
    For the neck, the 232 ones are better, but these ones you can farm in toc10 mans.
    Your best bet as a ring might be Starshine Circle, but I think you would be better off grabbing the Dalaran one.

In my opinion the most important ones to grab are the trinkets, possibly the weapons. If you can, grab a battered hilt, and don't spend the points on a MH weapon, since BH is good to go till the ICC gear levels.
    Thanks again!!

5. The differences between the two build are the chest, gloves and rings... but ur waist btween two build difference too
    Edited: October 28, 2019 Reason: No need to quote the entire guide. -Mercy

6. The differences between the two build are the chest, gloves and rings... but ur waist btween two build difference too
    True that, you have one sharp eye sir. The difference is intentional, but was not mentioned under the section. The first build focuses on maximizing spirit and crit, while the second on haste. Thus the belt in the first build has spirit, versus the other one, which offers haste (the remaining stats are the same).
    I have specified the main difference between the playstyles of the two builds', but feel free to ask if you have any further questions :)

7. Applied some cosmetics, and corrections in the wording and formatting. As well as added an addon section.

8. Great guide, thanks a lot - it's been very helpful.

9. Great guide, thanks a lot - it's been very helpful.
    No problem, I am glad it helped :)

10. I highly disagre with your BiS list, atleast the crit choice one. You never take the legs from set, unless you go haste build, (which btw got obsolete after toc release) , you either go legs from vdw 10hc or which is even better you use t10 shadow legs, tehy provide more crit and more int, and since int is way better for mp5 then spirit(rapture) you definitele prefer these.
    Edited: September 3, 2020

11. I highly disagre with your BiS list, atleast the crit choice one. You never take the legs from set, unless you go haste build, (which btw got obsolete after toc release) , you either go legs from vdw 10hc or which is even better you use t10 shadow legs, tehy provide more crit and more int, and since int is way better for mp5 then spirit(rapture) you definitele prefer these.

Since SP stands over all, the gloves from BPC give you an extra socket, and 10 more SP. Grabbing the t10 legs will just give you a twist in the secondary stats but the same amount of SP. If you wish to have more of whatever stat you pick, you can use the other items, but as we ar eoptimised around maximizing SP, it is not worth to drop it for extra spirit or intellect.
    Spoiler: Show
    btw fun fact t10hc Lady offhand gives the most SP outcome when it comes to offhands, but in that case you need to sacrifice secondary stats for hit, which you don't need as a healer
    Edited: September 3, 2020

12. 10 sp over 122 crit? really?
    yup, more than 20 amount absorbed by the shields traded for 2.6% crit chance. The number might be high, but in order to increase the spell crit chance by 1% you need about 45.91 crit rating (sauce). Which means that by 120 crit rating you only gain roughly 2.6% crit.
    As a disc, you should aim at maximizing the amount of your absorbs, and spellpower scales really nice to you. The gloves give you exactly 13 more sp, which in the end provide you with 22.61 more absorbs (to PWS). This does not include the T10 buff, which would only increase the outcome of your SP.
    I hope I could clear this up for you, but if you still have your doubts, I will be here to answer to the best of my knowledge.

13. yup, more than 20 amount absorbed by the shields traded for 2.6% crit chance. The number might be high, but in order to increase the spell crit chance by 1% you need about 45.91 crit rating (sauce). Which means that by 120 crit rating you only gain roughly 2.6% crit.
    As a disc, you should aim at maximizing the amount of your absorbs, and spellpower scales really nice to you. The gloves give you exactly 13 more sp, which in the end provide you with 22.61 more absorbs (to PWS). This does not include the T10 buff, which would only increase the outcome of your SP.
    I hope I could clear this up for you, but if you still have your doubts, I will be here to answer to the best of my knowledge.
    Hi Nemmish,

I think you really undervalue crit. Crit means more absorbs because of Divine Aegis.
    If your heal is a crit then you healed more therefore your extra absorb from Divine Aegis is more.

As you said the amount of absorbed by PW:S is traded for 2.6% crit.
    But you earn that lost PW:S absorbs back (and more) when you consider Divine Aegis too.

Do you have any calculation which takes into account Divine Aegis as well?
    Would you be interested in a long and detailed calculation why imo crit is not as bad as you think?

14. That's a lot of crit for Divine Aegis to be trading away for 10 spell power. Can't say I agree, even if the only thing you ever do is spam shields.

First ... 678910 ... Last