1. i see, thank you. can you advise me as to which ring to aim for farming normal raid icc10/25 rs10/25. non heroic Ring of Maddening Whisper an OK ring for the time being?

2. i see, thank you. can you advise me as to which ring to aim for farming normal raid icc10/25 rs10/25. non heroic Ring of Maddening Whisper an OK ring for the time being?
    It's more than okay. IMO, going for more procs on Divine Aegis (crit) should be your main priority after you reached your haste cap and are comfortable with your mana pool.

3. hi ive been following this guide and need some clarification regarding the Ring of Phase Regeneration. do discs have no right to roll for its normal version? seems the group im in all agreed so.
    In terms of having the right to roll on this item, of couse you do :) Even if it is not the HC one, it still provides you with some nice stats, although it depends on your current gear setup if it is an upgrade for you or not.

i see, thank you. can you advise me as to which ring to aim for farming normal raid icc10/25 rs10/25. non heroic Ring of Maddening Whisper an OK ring for the time being?
    Actually I consider this ring one of the BiS items for a disc priest, I will add some detailed explanation soon to the updated BiS list, so just feel free to keep using it :)

Update: Changed some formatting, and updated the haste value of PI for the dps classes. Also added a more detailed haste cap part.
    Also plannign to update the BiS set, since I have changed my mind on some pieces ^^
    Edited: April 28, 2018

4. b. Stats
    [spoiler]Haste (till cap) > Spellpower > Crit > Haste (above cap) > Int > Mp5/Spirit

May I ask a noob question? Your stats priority puts MP5/Spirit as the least significant stats.

My question is:

- Does this stat priority only apply for high ilvl geared priests, or lower ilvl geared priests should consider this as well?
    - My priest has (Unbuffed and without Divine Spirit) 837 Spirit, 607 Mana Regen and 26k mana with 5.5k gs.
    Should I get Crit/Haste gears from now on?, Right now, almost all of my gears are Spirit/Haste and Spirit/Crit (2 of them are Crit/Haste)
    Edited: April 30, 2018 Reason: Grammatical Error

5. May I ask a noob question? Your stats priority puts MP5/Spirit as the least significant stats.

My question is:

- Does this stat priority only apply for high ilvl geared priests, or lower ilvl geared priests should consider this as well?
    Technically, the answer to both parts of your question are "yes and no".
    Your mana regen is not something you should allow a number in a guide quantify. It's not really an easy stat to define just how much you need, until you reach a point where it is physically impossible to spend more mana than you regen.
    You need to reach a point where you comfortable with your mana efficiency. With less gear, that usually means you need more mana regen stats, because you have less to begin with. As your gear improves, you technically need less, but you will have higher demands on your mana as you push into doing more difficult content.

TLDR; You should focus (#1 priority) on getting mana regen until you are able to sustain yourself.

P.S. Intellect is also an important mana stat. It increases your max mana pool, which is important on its own. But the regen that you are provided by your spirit stat also scales with your max mana.

- My priest has (Unbuffed and without Divine Spirit) 837 Spirit, 607 Mana Regen and 26k mana with 5.5k gs.
    Should I get Crit/Haste gears from now on?, Right now, almost all of my gears are Spirit/Haste and Spirit/Crit (2 of them are Crit/Haste)
    How much haste you want depends on your answer to this question;
    Are you using Power Word: Shield every other GCD or more frequently than that?
    If the answer to that question is YES, then you should get enough haste to cap your GCD at 1sec with the Borrowed Time buff active.
    If the answer to that question is NO, then you can exceed the Borrowed Time buff GCD haste cap as much as you feel you get value out of it (not all that much, tbh). This haste "cap", as it is called, is 434 haste rating, as indicated within the guide.

Your regen stats I covered in my response to the first quote, which leaves us with the crit and spell power stats.
    Get as much spell power and crit stats as you want. Actually, get as much of them as possible after you feel you have enough regen stats. You will never reach a point where spell power and crit stop being good.

6. Technically, the answer to both parts of your question are "yes and no".
    Your mana regen is not something you should allow a number in a guide quantify. It's not really an easy stat to define just how much you need, until you reach a point where it is physically impossible to spend more mana than you regen.
    You need to reach a point where you comfortable with your mana efficiency. With less gear, that usually means you need more mana regen stats, because you have less to begin with. As your gear improves, you technically need less, but you will have higher demands on your mana as you push into doing more difficult content.

TLDR; You should focus (#1 priority) on getting mana regen until you are able to sustain yourself.

P.S. Intellect is also an important mana stat. It increases your max mana pool, which is important on its own. But the regen that you are provided by your spirit stat also scales with your max mana.

How much haste you want depends on your answer to this question;
    Are you using Power Word: Shield every other GCD or more frequently than that?
    If the answer to that question is YES, then you should get enough haste to cap your GCD at 1sec with the Borrowed Time buff active.
    If the answer to that question is NO, then you can exceed the Borrowed Time buff GCD haste cap as much as you feel you get value out of it (not all that much, tbh). This haste "cap", as it is called, is 434 haste rating, as indicated within the guide.

Your regen stats I covered in my response to the first quote, which leaves us with the crit and spell power stats.
    Get as much spell power and crit stats as you want. Actually, get as much of them as possible after you feel you have enough regen stats. You will never reach a point where spell power and crit stop being good.
    I've got it, Thanks for the reply.

So i'll be leaning toward Crit/Haste gears, since my current mana regen is quite comfortable.

But replacing those spirit gears may bring my comfortable level down, I might want to keep them all. So is it considered "Ninja" for disc priests to roll for both Spirit gears and Crit/Haste gears ( I do raids with guild, so I'll be with the same people :D )?

7. But replacing those spirit gears may bring my comfortable level down, I might want to keep them all. So is it considered "Ninja" for disc priests to roll for both Spirit gears and Crit/Haste gears ( I do raids with guild, so I'll be with the same people :D )?
    You are well within your rights to roll on any cloth items that don't have hit rating on them if you think they will be an upgrade.

8. July 1, 2018  
    Hi!
    I have just reached level 80. Is it reasonable to spend some emblems of triumph right now? or it is better to first farm some high level dungeons?

9. July 1, 2018  
    Hi!
    I have just reached level 80. Is it reasonable to spend some emblems of triumph right now? or it is better to first farm some high level dungeons?
    Hi!
    With the triumphs you could get the cloth helm and shoulders from the emblem of triump vendor. The t9 set is pretty useful at lower levels, especially the 2 piece bonus, which increases the healing done by PoM by 20% :)
    To get the emblems faster it is advised to spam rhc and daily FoS PoS hc. If you can't queue for rhc yet, and have no gold to get some boe items, check the reputation rewards out, and try to get higher ilvl for the rhc dungeons that way. Good luck! :)

10. July 4, 2018  
    Hi!
    With the triumphs you could get the cloth helm and shoulders from the emblem of triump vendor. The t9 set is pretty useful at lower levels, especially the 2 piece bonus, which increases the healing done by PoM by 20% :)
    To get the emblems faster it is advised to spam rhc and daily FoS PoS hc. If you can't queue for rhc yet, and have no gold to get some boe items, check the reputation rewards out, and try to get higher ilvl for the rhc dungeons that way. Good luck! :)
    Do you mean those with ilvl 232? http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=48068 and http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=48071?

11. July 5, 2018  

12. About the race part... Can't Night elves use Shadowmelt to reset the CD on mana potion?

13. That's not meant to happen. It's a bug that ultimately won't be here to stay, so it'd be ill-advised to base your race choice around the existence of a trick like that. The guide probably doesn't mention it because it's not legitimate Disc play.

14. So.. I have a question regarding the rotation, maybe a noobish one.

If I understood correctly, when doing instances, you pop a bubble on the tank, followed by Renew and, when needed, Flash Heals with Penance, Greater Heal and Holy Nova as reserve when tank needs a bigger heal? However, at which point to you cast Renew? Immediately after bubble and waste a few ticks but have it ticking on the tank when the bubble collapses which saves you time to cast heals or cast it after bubble collapses (but still on CD) and lose time on casting that instead of casting heals?

I mean, I understand it is situational, but I'm interested in what is considered best practice.

15. So.. I have a question regarding the rotation, maybe a noobish one.

If I understood correctly, when doing instances, you pop a bubble on the tank, followed by Renew and, when needed, Flash Heals with Penance, Greater Heal and Holy Nova as reserve when tank needs a bigger heal? However, at which point to you cast Renew? Immediately after bubble and waste a few ticks but have it ticking on the tank when the bubble collapses which saves you time to cast heals or cast it after bubble collapses (but still on CD) and lose time on casting that instead of casting heals?

I mean, I understand it is situational, but I'm interested in what is considered best practice.
    Apart from a few misunderstood points, you have got the picture right. Before answering your question let me clear these first:
    As a discipline it shall be your job to maximum assist at tank healing. For that I usually recommend keeping a shield up as you mentioned and to Penance when needed, since that is your big burst heal. In emergencies you can use flash heal as well to top off them. Barely if ever greater heal, since it is a big heal, but it is very slow and ineffecrive to be used by a disc. I do not recommend it, only in clutch moments, and if possible combined with inner focus.
    Now the shield on the tank is usually a good option to apply on the start, since they will definitely take damage. Keep in mind tho that it will most likely be the first shield to pop and usually alone, immediately causing your rapture to go on cd. If you can allow this mana sacrifise, then do go for the preshield. If not, then try harmonising the shields with a huge rade-wide damage (eg. Infest) to get the most mana regen out of rapture.
    Do not use Holy Nova on the tank, as it only heals your own group, and only the ones in range for it. It can be used effectively inside of frostmourne only, if your group has taken moderate damage already (they drop to 70% hp). Other than these grouped up scenarios, do not use this expensive heal.
    Now about the renew usage. I usually cast renew on the tanks if I have a free gcd to use. On the pull I am usually busy bubbling the whole raid, so I would recommend to waste a few ticks of renew and apply it before the start. You can also apply a pom on the tank to keep it jumping on the raid right on the pull. Also your shields absorb around 10k damage, so they usually break on the first aa from the boss, this means if you apply renew right on the pull, you wont waste off any ticks. Do this if the fight is either not aoe heavy qnd you only have to focus on the tank or of you have already covered up the raid with shields.
    During the raid follow the rule if you have a free gcd, apply renew on the tank. Keeping it up all the time is not your priority as you are not a hot healer :)
    This reply grew a bit long, but I hope I answered all your questions, if I left anythig unanswered, please let me know.
    I typed this from my phone so sorry if I did many mistypes.

First ... 45678 ... Last