1. 2s comp variety (double dps comps?!?!)

I was just wondering, above like 1,8k mmr 9/10 teams you face in 2s are heal/dps comps.
    I tried some double dps setups bymyself, bcs actually i favor them. but somehow here on frostwolf you are having a very, very hard time against heal/dps comps.

So, i just wanted to ask around, if there is a particular reason why heal/dps is so much stronger here? how was it on blizz? [i know for example one pserver where heals are scaled far too high, so you have no chance as doubledps anyway, may that also be the case here?)

im grateful for your opinions!

2. Healers are extremely strong here, good ones at least. A good healer will never die by a double dps combo so it only makes sense to play with one if you want to go high. I play 3 healer classes and it just makes me smile to see double dps in arena cause it's an easy win for my team. I guess that's the simplest explanation-healers are very strong and very hard to kill. I'm not really sure "why", just the way they are in MOP I guess.
    Double dps might be more fun and quicker but it's less "safe" sort of. Very few double dps combos can match high rating healers.

3. thanks for your statement,
    but im curious to know the reason WHY they are so strong. is it intended this way by blizz, or is it server specific - misscalculation, bugs etc?
    because i have seen so many 2s videos from 5.4.8, but in none of them low hp teammates get topped so fast like they do here (!without! major cooldowns)

4. It came with the new 5.4.8 patch (our patch). Before, when the patch was 5.4.2, it wasn't that much.
    But since I've never played in retail, I can't tell if it's "normal" either.

5. Healers are extremely strong here, good ones at least. A good healer will never die by a double dps combo so it only makes sense to play with one if you want to go high. I play 3 healer classes and it just makes me smile to see double dps in arena cause it's an easy win for my team. I guess that's the simplest explanation-healers are very strong and very hard to kill. I'm not really sure "why", just the way they are in MOP I guess.
    Double dps might be more fun and quicker but it's less "safe" sort of. Very few double dps combos can match high rating healers.
    It depends on what class you play against healers. You are a hunter, you cannot kill healers as effective as an Unholy DK. As a Hunter, you must CC the healer and kill DPS.. Which requires lots of skill when running a DPS comp as a Hunter.

I mostly cap with randoms and I personally choose a DPS than a healer, specially a Rogue. Matches are just under 1 min, it's either you win fast or lose fast. So when I see a Healer comp. I smile. You just cloak, pop outta' nowhere and Blast that healer with full DPS CDs and BOOM YOLO you win.

You can check my matches here.. http://armory.warmane.com/character/.../match-history
    Edited: December 30, 2016

6. The viability of the healing spec per se depends on who plays it. An above-average 530 rshammy can do a lot more than a mediocre 550 one. It's all about spell knowledge, macros, and when it's best to use them. So in fact it's rather hard to pin it down objectively, since a lot of players have it "their way".
    Yes, healers overall are highly valued in arenas atm, until dampening comes at least... But if you do plan to smash through, have an Unholy DK in your comp (as ilyanah above suggested)... Spellsteal, interrupt, freeze/asphyxiate, dispell (with glyph), death grip, all very viable options against healers.

7. It depends on what class you play against healers. You are a hunter, you cannot kill healers as effective as an Unholy DK. As a Hunter, you must CC the healer and kill DPS.. Which requires lots of skill when running a DPS comp as a Hunter.

I mostly cap with randoms and I personally choose a DPS than a healer, specially a Rogue. Matches are just under 1 min, it's either you win fast or lose fast. So when I see a Healer comp. I smile. You just cloak, pop outta' nowhere and Blast that healer with full DPS CDs and BOOM YOLO you win.
    It does depend on what class you play and you're right about me, as a hunter I can't burst down a healer, I can put a lot of pressure but probably not kill if it's full geared and not a complete noob. However, I personally hit 2.2k with a rogue, so we were based on cc but we were also able to nuke down shamans/druids/pallies and rogues are great for that.

However, not even a rogue/dk(hunt) can kill for example a monk(assuming it's a good monk,not some random). It has a lot of defensive spells and the only way to win vs a monk healer is to cc him. So it also depends on what healer you're against-shamans/pallies/even druids can be nuked down with a double dps. Priests and Monks not so easily.
    Edited: December 30, 2016

8. Oh the amount of times my teams have cc'ed the monk while we killed is partner, so satisfying to watch his partner die and him bubble himself right when the cc ends. mmmmmmm death :P

There are quite a few instances of double dps teams getting high rate. Earlier in the season there was a Rogue/Dlock team who went something stupid like 100 - 8 and were in the top 5 on the ladder. So it is possible.

Sp/Rogue worked pretty well for us until we hit 2k and im sure we could have went higher with proper communication(and not **** up on the open sap/fear). From what I have read/experienced was that the idea on mop retail was that no 1dps should be able to kill 1healer without dampening. So it only makes sense to me that healing teams would be very strong without awesome CC
    Edited: December 30, 2016 Reason: for clarity

9. I dont know if you are talking bout blizz, but if it was here, you faced some pretty ****ty mw monks, bcs cocoon can also be set through cc
    just like priests can lifeswap through clone / silence / doomsday

there are also so many bugs that make healers extremely strong here. its kinda sad

10. I dont know if you are talking bout blizz, but if it was here, you faced some pretty ****ty mw monks, bcs cocoon can also be set through cc
    just like priests can lifeswap through clone / silence / doomsday

there are also so many bugs that make healers extremely strong here. its kinda sad
    Mind giving an example? Maybe I'd feel better knowing that I can't kill a geared healer on 1v1 because of bugs

11. There is a glyph that allow you to cast cocoon while stuned..
    And you cant do anything while in a cyclon, ecept trinket..
    Your just mad cos your bad..
    Healers are strong, only cos 80% of the ppl playing dont have a clue about cc..
    I played both healer and 2x dps over 2k..
    For 2x dps you gotta have communication..
    Its harder but more fun..
    Healer/dps is easy, went 2.6 whit out voice com.
    But every second game is 45min..

12. It does depend on what class you play and you're right about me, as a hunter I can't burst down a healer, I can put a lot of pressure but probably not kill if it's full geared and not a complete noob. However, I personally hit 2.2k with a rogue, so we were based on cc but we were also able to nuke down shamans/druids/pallies and rogues are great for that.

However, not even a rogue/dk(hunt) can kill for example a monk(assuming it's a good monk,not some random). It has a lot of defensive spells and the only way to win vs a monk healer is to cc him. So it also depends on what healer you're against-shamans/pallies/even druids can be nuked down with a double dps. Priests and Monks not so easily.
    Monks are different. You have to make the monk use his CDs on his DPS.. Example.. That green bubble, when he uses that on the DPS. Quickly kill the monk.

13. monk is almost unkillable becouse of his passive combined with his movement. You cannot stunn lock, its pretty impossible to kill MW for a feral, rogue and such.

14. monk is almost unkillable becouse of his passive combined with his movement. You cannot stunn lock, its pretty impossible to kill MW for a feral, rogue and such.
    I've managed to kill plenty of mw monks on my feral. That passive has a 30 sec cd and can be 'avoided' easily. It just requires an additional switch on feral and Paralytic Poison on rogue. I usually Pounce the monk and switch to his dps, after like 20 secs I switch back and become able to land a full 5 sec Bash (unless he trinkets, but who cares... Bash has a cd of 50 sec). Furthermore, your bleeds keep ticking even when the passive is procced.

On rogue you use your Paralytic Poison. You wait until your poison stuns the monk and procs the passive. Then feel free to stun without having stuns on dr. As combat you surely won't have any problems, because you can get off a full 8 sec kidney after that. If he trinkets it, you can just restun him in 20 secs (passive still on cd but your stun dr is over).

15. That passive spell has a 10sec cd..
    So everything you said makes no sence..
    And monks can get out of stun whit that brue thingy.. Trinket, or eaven cocoon..

12 Last