1. Gear Wall Fresh 80

Recently hit 80 and from what I've gathers by asking around is I'm going to need something equivalent to around 3.8k gearscore to even be able to que into heroics??

3.8k gs is the same as being mid-tier ulduar gear. Why are heroics locked to something so insane considering heroics at the start of retail were there to gear up for Naxx?

Am I really just supposed to sit afk in battlegrounds and expect to be carried until I get enough pieces that would take over a couple of weeks?
    Can only get so many pieces from Rep vendors and even then its not near enough to reach the gs requirement.

As a fresh 80 this is insanely off putting after enjoying leveling with a friend and working on professions along the way just to get to cap and basically be told we cannot play anymore since we cannot afford such ludicrous prices for BoE's just to get into HEROICS which sole purpose is for gearing up...

Any feedback would be welcomed or most likely I'll see myself out after I lose half of what little gold I managed to accumulate while leveling.. another kick in the *** =(

2. You are utter noob? I hit 80 on alt and w/o help from main was 4.3 in 1 day. You make FOS/POS farm runs. They drop gear thats much better than Ulduar 10 or so. And its a 5man dung. Also from those dungs each boss drops 1Eot with eots at the TOC entrance u can buy gear with them that gets u pre-icc ready just remember to ENCHANT AND GEM that gear. Then just farm ICC REP FARM for your ring and youre over 5k within a few days and ready to join ICC alt runs. But pls read/learn tactics before you do ICC because if u dont know how to gear i highly doubt u know any tactic. P.S Join a social guild, they will let i tag along in toc runs to grab some gear pieces that will boost ur gs. And i REALLY hope u got Gearscore Lite addon. Gl newb

3. You are utter noob? I hit 80 on alt and w/o help from main was 4.3 in 1 day.
    What about the guy actually not being fully aware of how this content works? Why do you need to sound hostile as soon as you open your comment? Mentioning that you've hit 4.3k Gearscore in a day isn't impressive and before anything think to yourself that you probably know what to do in order to farm that gear in a faster way than the OP that has no clue of what to do.
    Do a favor to the community and shut up.

Now answering the question provided by the author of the thread;
    The best way that you have in order to upgrade your gear is farming Heroic dungeons. Pit of Saron and Forge of Souls should be your top priority dungeons in Normal since they are easily farmable and provide you Emblems of Triumph that will allow you to buy pieces from your Tier 9. You should start working on farming those emblems and start buying tier pieces through them. After that, start considering moving to Trial of the Crusader (10 Men Raid) and grab a few iLvL 232 items.
    Edited: December 31, 2016

4. Alittle hostile there Dado, but I can take what information you gave me and go with it. Thank you.

I honestly thought PoS/FoS were heroic lock only. I did not notice there was a normal version. Saying that, they are still locked to me and I haven't seen anyone mention the gear requirement for that. I played this content at launch and just remember them being pretty damn challenging. First time on this realm so I don't know/remember gearing a fresh 80 without going progression content. I guess I'll keep farming Rep vendors until those normal open up and go from there. Thanks for pointing those out magaginho.

5. U just said whay i said, just nicer. Whats the ****ing point? Yes i have big dick syndrome, iam hostile in nature. Suck it up and dont be so soft.

6. U just said whay i said, just nicer. Whats the ****ing point? Yes i have big dick syndrome, iam hostile in nature. Suck it up and dont be so soft.
    You really don't know me. You're talking to a person that has no problems in being hostile to anyone that is in the wrong. Reason why I called you out like I did. If you wanna act like a bully mess with the ones who are taller than you, not with the ones that require help. If anything, you're just showing me that you're another teenager trying to be something that he never was before.

Alittle hostile there, but I can take what information you gave me and go with it. Thank you.
    I don't know if this was me but if it was, my hostile part of the comment wasn't aimed at you whatsoever. I wish you good luck!

7. You really don't know me. You're talking to a person that has no problems in being hostile to anyone that is in the wrong. Reason why I called you out like I did. If you wanna act like a bully mess with the ones who are taller than you, not with the ones that require help. If anything, you're just showing me that you're another teenager trying to be something that he never was before.

I don't know if this was me but if it was, my hostile part of the comment wasn't aimed at you whatsoever. I wish you good luck!
    Mother yakkar, fite me on wizard101. In all seriousnes thats because i dont understand these forum posts. There are ACTUAL guides on the forums here with very detailed steps on how toget geared. And yet some snowflakes cant use the search option or think to look at the "Guide" section.

8. Mother yakkar, fite me on wizard101. In all seriousnes thats because i dont understand these forum posts. There are ACTUAL guides on the forums here with very detailed steps on how toget geared. And yet some snowflakes cant use the search option or think to look at the "Guide" section.
    Yeah, I am snowflakin' pretty hard. If they are there I either read them and got nothing from it or I did not come across it. But thanks for taking the time to point it out to me, albeit aggressively, still helpful.

And yeah Mag, I was directing that comment towards our friend here, not you. Thanks!

9. There are ACTUAL guides on the forums here with very detailed steps on how toget geared. And yet some snowflakes cant use the search option or think to look at the "Guide" section.
    You would be right if the search feature presented in this forum worked as intended. It doesn't. It doesn't bring up much of the key words that you're looking for. Thanks to that, threads like this pop from time to time. Sure there are people that don't even bother with a proper search besides this forum but you also have to think that some people have no clue of what they're searching for, therefore, being an absolute **** about it won't help any.

Most of the guides that exist here are specific class guides or guides that go around how to gear a specific set of classes. Not every single information is clear either. There are a lot of variables that need to be considered before generalizing people as a whole.

And yeah Mag, I was directing that comment towards our friend here, not you. Thanks!
    Glad to know I've helped buddy. Enjoy your adventure and fun!

10. U just said whay i said, just nicer. Whats the ****ing point? Yes i have big dick syndrome, iam hostile in nature. Suck it up and dont be so soft.
    pretty much all he does here on the forums. acting all high and mighty while repeating what others say. pitiful if you ask me.

im not quite sure yet, but I think he might be some kind of bot set to rephrase other people's posts and repeat some set phrases. still collecting intel on the case...

11. pretty much all he does here on the forums.
    That's the problem with any "simple truth" though. It always takes a gaggle of complete *****s or a team of all-knowing geniuses to miss it. With this said, please, amuse me even more.

acting all high and mighty while repeating what others say. pitiful if you ask me.
    I guess that's why so many of your guildies feel awkward when I show my face; I repeat the fact that they're exploiters and the truth hurts, I guess.

12. Recently hit 80 and from what I've gathers by asking around is I'm going to need something equivalent to around 3.8k gearscore to even be able to que into heroics??

3.8k gs is the same as being mid-tier ulduar gear. Why are heroics locked to something so insane considering heroics at the start of retail were there to gear up for Naxx?

Am I really just supposed to sit afk in battlegrounds and expect to be carried until I get enough pieces that would take over a couple of weeks?
    Can only get so many pieces from Rep vendors and even then its not near enough to reach the gs requirement.

As a fresh 80 this is insanely off putting after enjoying leveling with a friend and working on professions along the way just to get to cap and basically be told we cannot play anymore since we cannot afford such ludicrous prices for BoE's just to get into HEROICS which sole purpose is for gearing up...

Any feedback would be welcomed or most likely I'll see myself out after I lose half of what little gold I managed to accumulate while leveling.. another kick in the *** =(
    I don't think you'd really need around 3.8k gearscore to enter heroic, I distinctly remember entering one at a lower gearscore. Gearscore does not determine dungeon requirements but average iLvL and rarity of items, so if you have heirlooms, you should specially strive to replace them. Also make sure you have some item in every slot at least. As far as I've observed, if I'm not wrong Icecrown RDF HC requirements are pretty much the same as Blizz ones. Also try joining what people refer to as "rep runs" in ICC which will give you access to one BIS item for any spec, that is a ring, when you get Exalted reputation, ICC rep farms can also drop some greens which might be upgrades for you. Considering you said you have professions, you could also try farming and crafting some items for yourself. There is a blue starter PvP gear for every class/spec that can be crafted. Also, yeah, you can join FOS/POS runs, people do normal versions of these at much lower gearscores and any TOC 5 man normal runs which drop some pretty beautiful trinkets.
    From the comment you made below, I see you are purely trying to use the dungeon finder to enter FOS/POS too, you can simply form a group with like-minded people and directly enter them through their instance portals, this method does not have a iLvL requirement at all.
    Oh, and incidentally, if you don't know of it yet, do the "/join global" command to enter the global channel, that channel is where people form groups and stuffs here generally.

You are utter noob? I hit 80 on alt and w/o help from main was 4.3 in 1 day. You make FOS/POS farm runs. They drop gear thats much better than Ulduar 10 or so. And its a 5man dung. Also from those dungs each boss drops 1Eot with eots at the TOC entrance u can buy gear with them that gets u pre-icc ready just remember to ENCHANT AND GEM that gear. Then just farm ICC REP FARM for your ring and youre over 5k within a few days and ready to join ICC alt runs. But pls read/learn tactics before you do ICC because if u dont know how to gear i highly doubt u know any tactic. P.S Join a social guild, they will let i tag along in toc runs to grab some gear pieces that will boost ur gs. And i REALLY hope u got Gearscore Lite addon. Gl newb
    Please don't kill me if I may have accidentally or intentionally re-posted anything that you said here. And oh yeah, you can get all the triumph items in Dalaran, just scattered over different NPCs, don't bother going to ToC entrance, it's a waste of time. Also I'm sure he has GearScore addon, I don't think he calculated every Ulduar item's gear by using the formulas defined in the addon.

13. There's something called Rep farming Argent Crusade, Ebon Knights, Wymrest Accord, Kirin Tor, Horde Expedition, Orcales, Frenzy Heart Tribe, The Kalu'ak all the those factions can be rep farmed and get blue and epic gear from their respective quarter masters you can also queue for RDF normal gear.

14. Recently hit 80 and from what I've gathers by asking around is I'm going to need something equivalent to around 3.8k gearscore to even be able to que into heroics??
    This is completely wrong.

I've personally tested it, your gearscore is irrelevant, but your average item level HAS to be 187 or more. This is achievable at 3k GS, possibly less. Considering RDF normals drop ilvl 187 and ilvl 200 item recipes are learnable at max professions, this is perfectly reasonable.

The reason why you might've heard you need around 4k gs is because most people try queueing with heirlooms that count as ilvl 0 and give you the stats and gearscore of an ilvl 187 item - they up your gs but still dont put you any closer to the minimum treshold to get into heroics. Bear in mind, a full set of looms gives 2k gs, which is pretty damn high, over half the gs req for entry level raids, yet they actually drag your average item level down as if the slots were empty and the RDF finder thinks you're half naked. This spawns a lot of misconceptions that the minimum gear requirement is set too high - it's not.

You can set your gearscore addon to tell you your average item level in addition to gearscore, you can use this information to find out which items are holding you back and need replacing.

15. Hit lvl 80 ->
    Do reps like Kirin Tor ->
    Do Icc rep Farm for the Ring ->
    There are some cheaper Boe`s you should be able to buy, Auction House is like a Mini Game you sometimes get something for a good price otherwise leave Global Chat open and ask people for how much they want to sell, sometimes people need fast money and sell off cheaper ->
    Craft gear with your profession or farm stuff and ask someone to crat it for you ->
    Run Normal Rdfs (Sometimes its faster to search in Global for members, than join as group) ->
    And ofc the 0815 tip for Wotlk at Icc Content, The 2 Dungeons, Forge of Souls and Pit of Saron, dropping more or less the best gear under Toc (The 5 - man dungeon by toc drops trinkets)

p.s. (If you buy from someone via person trade, make sure to check out how to avoid getting scammed, screening gets him banned but your stuff is still gone -.- )

More or less the starting way to gear on this server..
    Idk if they said all this in the upper comments but they typed a lot of ****
    Have fun gl
    Edited: January 2, 2017

12 Last