1. As a new player here, I can't stress it enough how much help it will bring for me and new players. I am not 15 years old anymore, I don't have those days where I could just sit and play for hours, I have a job, I have to finish my studies, so time it's rather limited.

The reason for RDF is disabled is because the staff, and as I know, the players voted for this feature to be disabled. Yes, when the realm was fresh, there were lots of players in the same range, and the players were happy with the situation. But new players arrive, and I was very hesitant about joining this server, but I saw some very nice reviews about it, so I wanted to join.

You want to give players a memorable experience, but my experience so far were 3 days of looking for a Deadmines group. Enabling RDF wouldn't hurt those who want to make a group for a certain dungeon (no one stops a particular player to do that).

2. That's not entirely true. The audience who will listen will drop in favor of RDF, and there will be people who will tell you to just queue to RDF, or just plainly call you an ***** for not using that tool and spammed global instead.

At least that's one possible scenario, out of many

3. The old TBC rdf could be a solution, a compromise, but I don't know if others agree.

4. The old TBC rdf could be a solution, a compromise, but I don't know if others agree.
    I will be happy with that system , selecting an dungeon and see a list of ppl willing to go there? what more can u ask for vs spammed chat.

5. Do they intend to implement DF together with Icecrown raids and dungeons?

6. Don't know about other players, but I struggle finding a group for Deadmines.

In my opinion, the system without RDF worked well in the early days of Lordaeron, when the hype around the lack of RDF made people find groups using global channel. But now, I believe the majority of low level characters in the game, are owned by people which already have some level 80 characters, and just want a fast way of leveling. I personally want to do every single low level dungeon, and I am stuck in the level range of Deadmines, maybe, partly because I play a dps character(tank and healers might have more success finding a group, I don't know).

It's not the first server I know which disabled RDF, I personally don't know why is this system so hated, as I believe it was one of the most beneficial changes WoW ever had. Now it's up to you to decide:

1. Let RDF disabled for the whole time.
    1.1 I don't know what people believe about a spammed global of players looking for a dungeon.
    1.2 Lose of a potential of players. Time is rather limited, as I believe the average age of someone looking for a WOTLK server is around 22 (there is a big chance that the player is a student of a University and/or employed. The experience would be quite more enjoyable if he is able to find fast a dungeon group).

2. Enable RDF
    2.1 I don't know if this change would upset such a large amount of players. Most of them leveled without it and they are now level 80 having the experience they asked for it.
    2.2 Still, no one forbids you to look for a group in the global channel.

You can enable it without the rewards and/or experience. You can enable it for level 15-79. The server is getting old, soon, maybe you won't find many low levels, so the chances to find a group will just drop more. I really don't find any argument of a game or experience breaking argument about RDF.

7. If global was moderated a bit , we wouldnt need any lfg tools , but when 3-4 ppl spam their guild recruitment message , its hard to not just leave the channel instead of read all that bull**** every minute , because they spam its not a one time thing , and its like that guy spammed , i better do it also , over and over

8. "Whatever.... going to complain about something else instead."
    Really? S8, ICC and team ratings have literally nothing to do with this thread.
    Mercy, there were milions of threads about ICC and team ratings which weren´t answered, but ignored.
    Just saying, because what you wrote here sounds like you (warmane) answered on icc release or ratings xy times, which you did not.

9. I know I said that before, but can't we have something like TBC dungeon finder?
    It's not automatic.
    It's a good compromise between those who want dungeon finder and those who don't, don't you think?

World chat sucks. Unorganized.

10. I also vote for RDF. It can save our time. And i know several people that would never play on server without rdf, so I guess disabled rdf turning off many potencial players...

11. Yes, this topic has been discussed many times on the forum. Many people have asked RFD and make blizzlike. But is of little interest to the administration. Apparently they are high online. Just be paid donat more.

12. And people that already voted to be disabled RDF they will not leave the realm !

13. I dont see the need nor I would want to que up for RDF with the chance of some random retri pala fury warr feral cat queuing as tank just to bypass the longer time to get as dps same goes for wanna be healers and you cant do anything about it since you cant kick him whitout voting and if vote doesnt pass you get stuck with group that cant clear or you leave and get the debuff so no thank you I would like that the staff keep RDF disabled since the lack of this feature is one of the reasons Ive joined the server

14. I dont see the need nor I would want to que up for RDF with the chance of some random retri pala fury warr feral cat queuing as tank just to bypass the longer time to get as dps same goes for wanna be healers and you cant do anything about it since you cant kick him whitout voting and if vote doesnt pass you get stuck with group that cant clear or you leave and get the debuff so no thank you I would like that the staff keep RDF disabled since the lack of this feature is one of the reasons Ive joined the server
    If you don't see the need for RDF, I will tell you a bit about that. Not everyone wants to walk / fly to every single instance. That takes time, not much, but it does. Also, there is sometimes a real pain to find a tank or a healer on this server, sometimes you have to search for a very long time. The later on the day you do it, the worse it gets.
    -Also people say this server is ment to be hardcore. How does RDF makes the server less hardcore? It simply puts a group together and save you some time. The instance it self does not get easier. It is not like the instance gets 25 % less health, because you queued with RDF.
    -I know there has been experience and gold included in the RDF searching - well, I am pretty sure it is possible to remove that, and make it a group finder only.

Just because it is enabled, does it not mean you have to use it to find every single needed person (you don't even have to use it). If there is a problem for you that some "fake tank or healer" joins, well - find a legit tank or healer before you start the queue. Don't make it a bigger problem then it needs to be.
    -I can see the point that if you are playing alone, and try to kick a "fake tank/healer" that it may be a problem. Well even tho, how often do you think people will let people like that pass? And in a 5 man instance, how big of a pain is it really?

-The only part I can see that is negative, is for the people that specificly joined the server because of disabled RDF. For those who talk about how hardcore the server is, I would just say RDF does not change that. It will just be less time consuming.
    -For those who say "Go Icecrown if you want RDF", please stop. It is two diffrent servers, one got no-donation, no shadowmourne, no point shot, buffed raids, etc.

And if you really enjoy the buffed raids and the hardcore part. Why not save the population by adding something that makes the population most likely to grow and will not make it less hardcore, just less time consuming.

15. I dont see the need nor I would want to que up for RDF with the chance of some random retri pala fury warr feral cat queuing as tank just to bypass the longer time to get as dps same goes for wanna be healers and you cant do anything about it since you cant kick him whitout voting and if vote doesnt pass you get stuck with group that cant clear or you leave and get the debuff so no thank you I would like that the staff keep RDF disabled since the lack of this feature is one of the reasons Ive joined the server
    not like you could still lf people in guild/global before rdf que anyways with rdf enabled? facepalm

First 12345 ... Last