1. Money > Public Opinion, if they enable RDF on Lordaeron, that will cut the queue on Icecrown, hence less "donations" for queue skipping... u get the point.

2. Without dungeon finder impossible make a lower lvl group as tank or heal. Its very disappointing when u spam 1 hour and u cant find ppls.... I remember when on old lordaeron as tank or heal rdf calling was instant with 3k player cap and now u cant find ppls with 5-6k population... Many ppls want to do achis or dungeon quests but how tell me?!
    Edited: March 27, 2017

3. Leveling experience on Vanilla, TBC and first weeks after Wotlk release was great. There was a lot of ppl on each zone and was easy to find groups for all dungeons. Things are alot different atm so it would be nice to get rdf for newcomers and alt leveling.
    But dont think rdf is that good for leveling, since doing a dungeon through RDF is only worth if it the first of the day or you grabbed all quests for it. RDF has have bad things like same dungeon repeating while you wanna do one different for quests, or getting in party for a dungeon 4-5lvls under you...
    Dont cry about no rdf cause if it was enable you woldnt lvl that much faster than now, probably the problem is that you all doesnt like x1 experience rates and gold.
    Just wanted to added my opinion about RDF, not disrespect anyone.

4. i been leveling, currently 52, and its awful getting dungeons. and theres soooo much spam in global you cant even see whats up. not exactly a "memorable" experience so far. maybe it will at max level, but while leveling. it sucks for dungeon questing.

5. >Dont cry about no rdf cause if it was enable you woldnt lvl that much faster than now, probably the problem is that you all doesnt like x1 experience rates and gold.<

Speaking for myself, if I wanted faster leveling I would have rolled on Icecrown. The reason I would like either RDF or a group finder is because I am an achievement junkie. I want to run instances when they are a challenge to run, not go back and solo them at 80. I have spent hours trying to find groups for instances and ultimately given up and leveled through regular quests and grinding. Plus I love seeing a blue that I can use!

6. I hardly see the danger in having RDF.
    Yeah sure if it's disabled you can inspect people, dig for information about a player before heading out to the dungeon.
    But honestly, who cares at the lower levels.
    1-70 RDF is totally fine, a time saver even.
    I personally am not here for the vanilla and tbc content, so i wanna get through it as fast as possible.
    And even on 70-80 normal dungeons, why is there a need to see who your going with?
    They can be just as big of ******* as RDF people, but the diffrence is that if you use RDF: swapping out that person is actually an option.
    Rather then heading back out to get another.
    And for heroics: The RDF checks if you got the gear, you can determine the players skill level based on just looking at a person anymore.
    The real curse in wotlk is gearscore, it needs to die.
    Not saying a greenie should be allowed to join ICC or w/e.
    But there are people with 4k gs that are more skilled than 5+k gs people.
    And usually you do get asked for a higher gs than the actually drop gives you, so that's pointless..

Maby a re-vote perhaps?

Ty, Love Warmane and the staff <3

7. I personally like the fact we have to travel to dungeons and use the summoning stone. However, there is so much spam in the global channel its really hard to "LFM" for a certain dungeon. The spam in that channel is crazy at peak times. I don't think we should have the 3.3.5 RDF but what about a compromise and have the tbc dungeon finder available? This way it could show us whos looking for certain dungeons like us . That also could potentially take out a lot of the spam on that channel.

8. Agreed about the spam on Global. At times it reminds me of Barrens chat in the olden days in the before time. All that Thunderfury crap and "****" stuff gets old.

9. It makes 0 sense to disable dungeon finder. We are all on the same server playing with the same people. Maybe if there were different servers and we would never see the other person again but as it is right now, dungeon finder should 100% be enabled. I cannot get a group unless it is for VC, Stocks, or SM

10. It makes 0 sense to disable dungeon finder. We are all on the same server playing with the same people. Maybe if there were different servers and we would never see the other person again but as it is right now, dungeon finder should 100% be enabled. I cannot get a group unless it is for VC, Stocks, or SM
    It makes less than "0 sense" to choose to play on a server built around certain features - which include no RDF - and then complain said server is the way it was planned and advertised.

11. I wanted to make a post similar to this but I'll just post here about my experiences as a returning player leveling a new char...

I started playing Lordaeron right on the release and made every content launch to date. My favorite being the Dark Portal opening, that battle was epic! When I first learned of Lordaeron I was playing on a different x1rates WotLK realm but given Moltens past I was hesitant to join here.. I was only level 60 on the other server so the 1-60 grind was fresh in my mind when I tackled Lordaeron for the first time and wow what a surprise it was; it was just like retail. The server was packed and I was experiencing WotLK as it should be.

Having just returned after a year of taking a break I have a new character at level 48 and I have to say a lot of what I experienced is still the same. The 1-60 zones aren't packed which isn't a downer for me and Global chat has more or less calmed down.. the server population is also fine to me, it's not bloated and I don't get stuck in the log in que haha xD. The only problem for me is the lack of dungeons!!!

Originally I voted against RDF for all of the obvious reasons and leveling 1-70 on my original character (as a tank) never worried me about RDF. This time I'm a healer and I have a lot of trouble forming a group for any dungeon, so much so that people will tell me they're too busy questing to run dungeons.. I mean literally that's what they say. That's just impossible for me to understand as I remember people leveling solely as healers because they were simply aoe grinding mobs while waiting for a dungeon to form.

Now I'm an original WotLK retail player and I sincerely remember the change in the community when RDF came about so I completely understand what Warmane is trying to preserve by disabling it but ultimately what we've ended up doing was limiting the availability of dungeons and severing the leveling community further. Dungeon grinding is a huge part of the leveling process even if it's just to take a break from quest grinding. I understand this is a grinding game and I fully intend to continue playing here and leveling one of each class/race but I wanted to express, as a player who enjoys this server and its community, that Lordaeron isn't as great as it could be if only we'd come up with a different solution to the group forming.

TLDR; I'll say that I'm not exactly arguing for RDF to be enabled as Blizzard had it. As I understand it, there's an addon that acts as a dungeon finder and I think that'd be just fine but almost no one uses it and that's mainly because most people don't know about it. I think Warmane should advertise it in a global broadcast message, attach it to their WotLK client download and sticky it to the Lordaeron forum for maximum awareness.

And as a final note I still plan to make Warmane my Private Server home; I'm leveling each class/race on Lordaeron (possibly TBC and character copying over if they enable that feature) and I look forward to seeing Warmane grow.

EDIT: I wanted to add that, to be fair, I have been able to run every dungeon within my level range at least once but more often than not my group forming will fail due to lack of interested players and I've certainly had to wait 2-3 days to get a dungeon group formed which obviously left me in the position of running a dungeon that was below my leveling means.

Thanks
    Edited: April 11, 2017

12. It makes less than "0 sense" to choose to play on a server built around certain features - which include no RDF - and then complain said server is the way it was planned and advertised.
    I'm sorry I thought you wanted suggestions on how to improve not how to be mediocre. You're doing a great job.

13. Enable it for a week then disable it. See how many people whine for a reason other than "well we didn't have it when I leveled so nobody should ever have it"

14. I'm sorry I thought you wanted suggestions on how to improve not how to be mediocre. You're doing a great job.
    Yes, go ahead, shift the blame onto us when you read the label, dismissed it, and now whine that it's not a flavor you like.

15. Well, seeing as how a moderator went on ignoring constructive posts to keep fighting over childish things, I'll just go ahead and say what I think after reading the whole thread.

It's CLEAR at this point that most players, at least on the forums, would like to see the RDF implemented or at least some sort of LFG tool enabled, because the current system is just impractical: it's neraly impossible to broadcast a message on Global because of the insane amount of spam and you can't really rely on the /who tool anymore because of the query restriction. As a result, players are just skipping the dungeon content, which is never ideal. Dungeons are there to be experienced, and if people are skipping them, it means something went wrong. It's very easy to see that the staff is biased towards not having any form of RDF at all, and I get it's hard to swallow one's pride and admit the whole thing was just a bad idea, seeing as it was one of the most distinctive features on this realm, but hey, this is just ridiculous. Most people are begging for it at this point.
    Personally, I really liked the TBC LFG tool idea, it wouldn't really affect the social aspect of the game and it definitely would help solve the pain of looking for a group. But at the very least, seeing as how the vast majority of the people in this thread want some form of RDF tool, the staff should held a poll if anything just to clear this whole thing up.

Edit: some minor typos.
    Edited: April 12, 2017

First ... 7891011 ... Last