1. Yes, it should work like this, or instead (to not wait too much in q) in a certain bg, that the less geared team accepted more people until it's able to match the geared one (although it would require some testing to see if it's really effective or it's just theoretically (since it's a fast idea that came to my mind)), but as you said, this is WoW.
    This wouldn't be effective at all since people with higher ilvl are just gonna rape the low-geared ppl and snack them like snickers.
    Rape them, maybe, but remember that if they play good and go after goals, even when raped they can still do much and even win. Besides, it would give more geared player a chance to do more dps and cc, as well as more time to do certain things.
    As I said, it would require some testing, but the idea is not completely dispensable.
    Edited: January 16, 2017

2. Rape them, maybe, but remember that if they play good and go after goals, even when raped they can still do much and even win. Besides, it would give more geared player a chance to do more dps and cc, as well as more time to do certain things.
    As I said, it would require some testing, but the idea is not completely dispensable.
    The low-geared people wouldn't even deal enough damage. It's nearly impossible that low-geared people (even if there are 10 more than the full-geared people) will win against 10 full-geared people. I'm only ilvl 504 atm, and I nuke these ilvl 430-440 people down like nothing with my warr. They can't do ****. They deal absolutely no damage to me. I give them like 4 Hits and they're dead.

3. Eye of the Storm : Take bases only. The only exception to this is when both teams have had 2 bases for sometime, with similar score. At this point, if you're playing a class with good mobility/utility, go for flag. Make sure that your team's 2 bases hold while you go flag. Avoid any kind of road fights. Call incoming enemies BEFORE they take base.

Arathi Basin : Again, focus bases and call incoming. If you have a knock back ability, try Lumber Mill and use on healers (very satisfying to pull off :) ). Unlike EotS, you can ninja a base here. Ask someone with good CC to come with you to distract defenders while you cap flag. If your team has 3 bases, just defend. You can go for more bases once your team is atleast 500 points above enemy's.

Twin peaks & Warsong Gulch : Stay near your FC. You won't be killing anyone with your low gear. Spam CC and snares on enemies trying to kill your FC. Don't poly or clone or a target just about to die, unless you're sure. Other than FC, healers are your next priority. If your healer is near you, treat him/her like FC and CC all enemies killing your healer. If enemy healer is near you, use all CC on them. Most classes have abilities that you can give to your teammates. Learn these and be generous with them. Doesn't matter if you die if you can save your teammates.

Temple of Kotmogu : This one is special. Taking orbs and staying close to mid generates most amount of points. Take orbs as much as possible. If your team can keep atleast 2 orbs, go to enemy's orb carriers with biggest debuff. Even with low gear, you can hurt or kill them. Controlling mid is the key here. Doing that will give you better chances with orbs and quicker points.

Silvershard Mines : Again, control mid as much as possible. If in a fight, stay within the ring around the carts. If you can find which carts are easiest to turn, you can go to them a minute or so before they're cashed and turn them for your team. Similarly, if a cart is fully under enemy team's control, it will take a while to turn. So decide if you should leave and get the next cart.

As for classes, your damaging abilities are tertiary in importance if you're low geared. First priority goes to CC & snares, second to abilities you can give to your teammates. Spam these well and you'll become the first kill target of all enemies, meaning you're doing your job well. :)

If you have trouble identifying enemy healers, use the addon "Healers have to die". Joining PvP guilds wil help a great deal in farming honor. For that, you'd either need gear (which is not an option for new players), or show their officers your skill in your class. As an alternative, you can just search for members of a PvP guild doing premades. Type /who Guildname to get who all are doing premades. Then, when members of that premade gets out of bg, queue within 30s so you get the same BG as them.

Ofcourse, you won't always get the premade, but it can help.

Raging or saying "we loose" in the first few seconds joining a BG will result at just that. The good thing about BGs, is that despite low gear, there is always something you can do to help.

Good luck!

PS : If you specify which class you're playing, maybe I or someone else can provide better tips on surviving and winning in BGs.
    Edited: January 16, 2017

4. Please stop preaching BG tactics xD I've geared several chars here, and the problem is the way the expansion is made.

In previous expansions, the difference between the crafted gear and HP/CP gear is not so ridiculously huge as in MoP, so even with crafted gear, you can be somewhat competetive in PvP, but thats not the case in MoP.

Following bg tactics is a bonus, but most def wont win u most of your bgs if the opposite team is decent enough to follow it as well.

The gearing process on MoP is probably the worst, but the end-game PvP is still more balanced.

5. They should make Tyrannical Gear attainable for new 90's... Lvling to 90 and joining bgs with lvl 88 greens isnt fun for anyone except the dude one shotting you. Most ppl cant afford buying 4500g a piece for crap starter gear ..

6. They should make Tyrannical Gear attainable for new 90's... Lvling to 90 and joining bgs with lvl 88 greens isnt fun for anyone except the dude one shotting you. Most ppl cant afford buying 4500g a piece for crap starter gear ..
    Not Blizzlike, but warmane should consider this suggestion. This will help new players and possibly the declining population.

7. On retail you could do: Tol Barad (500HP), Wintergrasp (300-500HP), Grizzly Hills dailies (220HP), Isle of Thunder dailies (600HP), Krasarang Wilds rares (825HP) and only Grizzly Hills dailies works here?

8. Man, the problem is not the faction, is you...

9. It depends on the time of day you are queueing at but generally alliance wins more in solo queueing. If you get a good premade it doesn't matter which faction you go.

10. Honestly, I think the smartest thing to do is to have more than one toon you can be playing. Join a bg on your undergeared toon and, if you see at the start that there's no premade on your side, just leave and take deserter. You team-mates won't be sorry to see you leave, believe me. And then you can log onto an alt and do some professions or level up while you sit out your 5-15 min deserter penalty.

But if you see there's a premade on your side, or just geared team-mates, stick around and try to help out with objectives, cc, dispels, etc. By "helping with objectives" I DON'T mean getting the flag in Twin Peaks or WSG. I mean guarding and capping unguarded nodes in AB, helping cap faster in Silvershards and EOTS, etc.

My toons are mostly 550s doing premades, and we carry 300k health guys in green all the time. Happy to do it, in fact (at least I am- makes the games a bit more challenging).

But to minimize the frustration in the gearing process- that's my advice.
    Edited: January 17, 2017

11. Get 530 ilevel then join Premade BGs thats the only way to win 80% BGs
    I have 536 aliance hunter and a 530 horde warlock...I can say I barely win 40% of the random BGs I join hordes and aliance characters combined..and in fact random Bgs is all I can do at those ilvls..premades are from 540+.

12. I joined with ilvl 450 BGs, and won nearly every BG. Dunno what you do wrong. lol

And no, I'm not kidding.
    Of course you are not kidding!...you're lying!

13. They should finally fix a conquest points catch up mechanics , so the gear wouldnt be a big problem.

"Mid-Season Catch Up
    Players who are starting their journey into PvP mid-season start significantly behind the gearing curve. While we want to avoid invalidating the effort of players who have competed for the whole season, we agree with the feedback we’ve received that the starting gap is too large, so a new Conquest Point catch-up cap will be implemented using the following formula:

(Current week of the season) * 1000 – (Conquest earned thus far this season)

Here are some examples of how this will work:

Player A is starting PvP for the first time in week 10 of the season, and hasn’t earned any Conquest Points at all that season. He will have an additional cap of 10,000 points added to his normal weekly rating based cap.

Player B has already earned 5,000 Conquest Points by week 10, so she would have an additional cap of 5,000 points added to her normal weekly rating based cap.

Player C has been playing all season long, and has earned more than 10,000 Conquest Points by week 10. He only has the normal weekly cap to work with (but should already be on their way to being well geared).

If a player “redeems” their catch up cap by earning all those points, then they’ll begin the next week at their normal weekly rating based cap. Should they miss more weeks, then the catch up cap accrues again."

14. The low-geared people wouldn't even deal enough damage. It's nearly impossible that low-geared people (even if there are 10 more than the full-geared people) will win against 10 full-geared people. I'm only ilvl 504 atm, and I nuke these ilvl 430-440 people down like nothing with my warr. They can't do ****. They deal absolutely no damage to me. I give them like 4 Hits and they're dead.
    ..I have a 550 combat rogue....I bet I can kill your 504 warr in less then 4 seconds...big fish eat small fish... :))

15. Eye of the Storm : Take bases only. The only exception to this is when both teams have had 2 bases for sometime, with similar score. At this point, if you're playing a class with good mobility/utility, go for flag. Make sure that your team's 2 bases hold while you go flag. Avoid any kind of road fights. Call incoming enemies BEFORE they take base.

Arathi Basin : Again, focus bases and call incoming. If you have a knock back ability, try Lumber Mill and use on healers (very satisfying to pull off :) ). Unlike EotS, you can ninja a base here. Ask someone with good CC to come with you to distract defenders while you cap flag. If your team has 3 bases, just defend. You can go for more bases once your team is atleast 500 points above enemy's.

Twin peaks & Warsong Gulch : Stay near your FC. You won't be killing anyone with your low gear. Spam CC and snares on enemies trying to kill your FC. Don't poly or clone or a target just about to die, unless you're sure. Other than FC, healers are your next priority. If your healer is near you, treat him/her like FC and CC all enemies killing your healer. If enemy healer is near you, use all CC on them. Most classes have abilities that you can give to your teammates. Learn these and be generous with them. Doesn't matter if you die if you can save your teammates.

Temple of Kotmogu : This one is special. Taking orbs and staying close to mid generates most amount of points. Take orbs as much as possible. If your team can keep atleast 2 orbs, go to enemy's orb carriers with biggest debuff. Even with low gear, you can hurt or kill them. Controlling mid is the key here. Doing that will give you better chances with orbs and quicker points.

Silvershard Mines : Again, control mid as much as possible. If in a fight, stay within the ring around the carts. If you can find which carts are easiest to turn, you can go to them a minute or so before they're cashed and turn them for your team. Similarly, if a cart is fully under enemy team's control, it will take a while to turn. So decide if you should leave and get the next cart.

As for classes, your damaging abilities are tertiary in importance if you're low geared. First priority goes to CC & snares, second to abilities you can give to your teammates. Spam these well and you'll become the first kill target of all enemies, meaning you're doing your job well. :)

If you have trouble identifying enemy healers, use the addon "Healers have to die". Joining PvP guilds wil help a great deal in farming honor. For that, you'd either need gear (which is not an option for new players), or show their officers your skill in your class. As an alternative, you can just search for members of a PvP guild doing premades. Type /who Guildname to get who all are doing premades. Then, when members of that premade gets out of bg, queue within 30s so you get the same BG as them.

Ofcourse, you won't always get the premade, but it can help.

Raging or saying "we loose" in the first few seconds joining a BG will result at just that. The good thing about BGs, is that despite low gear, there is always something you can do to help.

Good luck!

PS : If you specify which class you're playing, maybe I or someone else can provide better tips on surviving and winning in BGs.
    I really appreciate your patience to write these things down...I just hope noob lowbies will read this.
    I just cannot understand sometimes in the beginning of some random BGs why people just spread like flies in all directions or you can see 3-4 go straight to the flag while the rest gets butchered in the middle..and after that guess what's going to happen to those 3-4 that went fast straight to get the flag?!..And that is not only a low geared players related situation.
    Or I saw many times...:))..this is just stupid...some players are just rushing out to get out first and then they hide or take a wide detour of the enemy group...wtf?

First 123 Last