1. Shadowmourne question

I see that you can buy the weapon with coins, but can you earn it in game? I'm on the Icecrown server for wotlk if that makes a difference.

I'm just wondering whether i need to be concerned about the questing or if i should even bother because i can't donate enough to get those coins to buy that weapon.

Thanks for any replies.

2. Yes you can earn it in game, the shadowmourn quest line works.

3. Yes you can earn it in game, the shadowmourn quest line works.
    Thanks, I heard someone say that they disabled the quest so that you would HAVE to buy it in the website.

4. No, it is working perfectly fine and has been for the months on end now. The drop rates for shards are same as retail, which makes this quest quite hard to do without a guild that clears icc hc weekly.

Some people i know have over 30+ shards atm and quite close to completing it.

5. No, it is working perfectly fine and has been for the months on end now. The drop rates for shards are same as retail, which makes this quest quite hard to do without a guild that clears icc hc weekly.

Some people i know have over 30+ shards atm and quite close to completing it.
    On retail, at level 100 (Wouldn't be any different for 110's), I think it took me two months -minimum- and I did miss a couple of runs. ICC only takes an hour to solo on live and it still takes a while because you have to deal with the weekly resets. Here, with a rollback, it takes significantly longer to get through so I imagine it takes a fair amount of time to get through.

6. I'm currently on 44 shards, have been collecting them since the very first day the quest got fixed (since October 20, 2016). I can't fully confirm this but I believe that the shard drop rate is slightly lower than it should be (at least on heroic mode) since I never had more than 5 shards per run (all of my runs were fully cleared, including HC LK every week). Expect to gather the shards in more or less 2-3 months if your guild is able to clear whole ICC.