1. What Professions

What professions for paladin. Holy Ret and Prot what profession match well.

2. Engineering + JC are best for Ret and Prot. For Holy you would want to go JC + BS or Tailoring.

3. Actually prot will enjoy Engi + LW the most as you can alternate between a spell resist enchant (which will reduce incoming damage by a lot on some fights) or +62 stamina (1 less than jwc). Not to mention that LW can give a +15% movement speed bonus to your party for 30 seconds via Drums of Speed.

Holy will likely enjoy Engi + JWC for two reasons. Holy needs to be able to get around quicker and since it's a healer spec you don't have the luxury of not casting for a long time so minimizing movement delay between casts is a must. The boot enchant does this extremely well. JWC on the other hand provides the highest and most useful raw stats that you'd want.

4. Going to have to agree with Rifokelt. Should also point out that the armor [Engineer] enchant on the gloves for prot is great. The haste glove [Engineer] enchant can be a useful CD for Holy as well. I would also say that using the spell power Tailoring enchant for Holy is not a great idea largely because RNG procs on a healer usually doesn't help.

@ Ret, if you want 'easymode' professions that will net you some good results, BS/JC are your go-to professions. However, if you're willing to practice and put effort into min-maxing your damage output, Engineer/Tailoring will be your best professions. Engineering also goes well with either BS or JC, should you prefer that, because it's just generally nice to have access to the tools Engineering provides.

Edit: ^ PvE perspective.

5. From a PvP perspective, as Paladin, I don't like to go full Retribution DPS or full Holy Healing, since Paladin kind of lets you forget that you could also DPS as Holy and Heal as Retribution, I like to play a lot with talents, hybrid specs, items, enchants, gems and spell rotations.

Tailoring and Engineering. Nitro Boots, Rocket Gloves and Helicopter Mount. Retribution has the Pursuit speed buff which is amazing but the Nitro Boots, in the right feet, are even better. The Rocket Gloves is an instant ranged-spell that doesn't trigger Global Cooldown, and is like one of the three longest distance castable spells, meaning that you can DPS instantly from very far, even as Retribution. Hundreds of Arathi Basin bases have been saved with these. The Helicopter mount can't be used by non-engineers.

Tailoring, Frostweave net, it's an item that only Swift Paladins can use. Also, tailoring lets you put Mana Regeneration enchant on your cloak, you may say that as Paladin you don't run OOM. And that shouldn't be happening, Find a balance until you are always OOM, but never need to drink for it. You can put enchants, gems and talents for other stats rather than the classic eternal mana build that almost every Paladin plays with.

Rogues and Hunters with Deterrance and Sprint plus Rocketboots always escape from people when they are about to die, I pop Nitro boost after they do, when Deterrance and Cloak of Shadows runs out I throw them a net. Tell your Alchemist friend to make Swiftness Potion.

Again, from a non "common" PvP perspective. Good luck.

6. Hello? Go mining and get the Stamina buff.