1. RDF with ICC release will be awesome but warme cant do it coz their "politics"

2. Stop being ****ing irrelevant. At least come with some feed back why/why not they should/should not enable it. Or don't comment at all.
    Since you asked:

Why would we want RDF?

Basically just for a single reason, making it easier and/or faster to do (heroic)dungeons. Correct? I agree that it is a positive thing, if you put it that way. Who doesnt want it easier to find a nice group to play with? Sounds good!

Lets look at the downsides however.

People get groups without having to show any communication skills whatsoever. Isnt teamwork a big part of dungeons? Why benefit the ones that just click and go? Who would you rather pick? The guy that doenst say a word all dungeon long, while not having a real tool to correct or remove him. Or the player that say hello, asks for an invite and is fun to hang around with..

Interaction with other players makes a community. I dont know how else to put this, but when people are talking, they are quicker to make friends than people that just run the same threadmill before clicking "join" again.

When you use RDF, you get teleported to the instance. How convenient!
    However, this has a very, very, negative side effect... People sit in Dalaran all day, suddenly disappearing, and appearing 30 min later. How is that for a MMORPG? Such roleplay? Nah. Its a boring world. You never come across other players. The world is empty. And that is imo the best reason to never enable RDF.

Long post, but I see this all the ****ing time and people dont seem to understand that RDF is disabled with a very good reason.

3. S

However, this has a very, very, negative side effect... People sit in Dalaran all day, suddenly disappearing, and appearing 30 min later. How is that for a MMORPG? Such roleplay? Nah. Its a boring world. You never come across other players. The world is empty. And that is imo the best reason to never enable RDF.

Long post, but I see this all the ****ing time and people dont seem to understand that RDF is disabled with a very good reason.
    _ When RDF on everyone still do:
    + daily quest
    + farm materials
    + make jk on guild, chat...
    + kill for fun.
    + help newbie.
    + complaint why turn on RDF make their social dead.
    a tons of thing u can do instead spam LFM LFG, sit in Dalaran all day with hope someone will pick u ...
    The best reason to never enable RDF has only 1: make server does not attract new people.
    @ With RDF turn on i can do all instance hc from 4-6h as healer/ tanker. it save u 12h from spam and fly.
    Edited: February 6, 2017

4. How is that for a MMORPG? Such roleplay?
    Don't even bother with this one. People around here likes to ridicule the RP aspect of MMORPG. You know, because Roleplaying is totally weird in a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games.

Anyways, back to the topic.

RDF being enabled or not is really just a 'pick your poison' case. If you have them enabled, people will do a lot of the dungeons, including the lower level ones. But they'll just sit in capital all day long and queue around for RDF. The world will then become much emptier and affect the World PvP side for better or for worse (note that I don't care much about PvP myself). Also, lack of communication. I tried healing in Frostwolf once (first time experience ever) and failed to keep DPS alive, resulting them slowly leaving without me noticing. The group never talks. No text, no emotes, nothing. Not even any insults or advices. They just proceed like nothing has ever happened.

Now the social condition in Lordaeron for any formed lower tier dungeon is much better. People getting to know each others as they make group and progresses in when team is assembled. However the dungeons are far less happening at such level, and it promotes the dungeon boosting, making the whole instance a joke (It doesn't help that Stockades don't yield any loot for some reason other than Bruegal the 'rare' dwarf). And the social condition degrades as you go 80 and do heroic, in which people barely talks and only throws insult when something goes horribly wrong, added to the fact that you need 4k+ gs to do a heroic, sometimes more (and believe it or not, someone once asks for gs in Hellfire Ramparts, legitimately). Meanwhile the far lazier playerbase avoids the server's normal rate and lack of RDF, or they simply do that for reasons mentioned above.

So to summarise :

Enabled RDF
    - More dungeon group on all level
    - Faster group forming
    - Faster transport, might lead to lethargy
    - Slightly less room for elitism in endgame dungeon, might affect group quality
    - Less dungeon boosting by higher level
    - Less people in the world, less world pvp and questing
    - Less communication in all dungeon level

Without RDF
    - Far less dungeon groups at lower level
    - Slow group forming
    - Players have to actually go into dungeon
    - People starts to demand high, sometimes relatively unreasonable requirements for high level dungeons
    - Promotes dungeon boosting
    - More people in the world, more quests and world pvp, might lead to gankings
    - More communications, mostly in lower level dungeons

5. Since you asked:

Why would we want RDF?

Basically just for a single reason, making it easier and/or faster to do (heroic)dungeons. Correct? I agree that it is a positive thing, if you put it that way. Who doesnt want it easier to find a nice group to play with? Sounds good!

Lets look at the downsides however.

People get groups without having to show any communication skills whatsoever. Isnt teamwork a big part of dungeons? Why benefit the ones that just click and go? Who would you rather pick? The guy that doenst say a word all dungeon long, while not having a real tool to correct or remove him. Or the player that say hello, asks for an invite and is fun to hang around with..

Interaction with other players makes a community. I dont know how else to put this, but when people are talking, they are quicker to make friends than people that just run the same threadmill before clicking "join" again.

You do know that you can form a group before you use the RDF option, even if it is enabled? You are asking if teamwork are a big part of dungeons. Well, yes it is. Is it really teamwork to find a group? Maybe, if you find some people that are willing to help find a tank. You can still form a premade then do RDF. Even tho, with "teamwork" I am more looking into the part that actually doing the dungeon. The teamwork inside the dungeon won't be gone, just because of RDF.

When you find a group with RDF you click a button.
    =
    So what I am wondering. Are you really "social" because you spam the same sentence over and over again?
    In my opinion being social actually means talking with each other, not just spelling same sentence over and over. You can have just as little talk with the way people find dungeon now a days.

Saying that RDF will make people less social is actually a really dumb reason in my opinion, it is all up to you. I can be more social with RDF then without RDF enabled, it is all up to me. I would actually maybe feel more social with RDF. RDF would make it a lot easier to find group with diffrent people, something that would make it actually possible in a shorter time to get to know people. Without RDF I use twice maybe more, the time searching and just spamming "LFG/LFM".

The only downside that I agree with you on, is that the world would more less alive.

6. You make a few good points. How about RDF without the teleport function? I feel like that could be a middle ground everyone could agree on.

7. You make a few good points. How about RDF without the teleport function? I feel like that could be a middle ground everyone could agree on.
    i bet 99% people want RDF turn on like ICC. Majoty want, let do it. Hardcore sever should only focus raid.

8. And the next thing you want is garrison. World of AFK-lobby - craft, no thanks.

9. And the next thing you want is garrison. World of AFK-lobby - craft, no thanks.
    No. There is a huge diffrence between adding RDF and Garrison. Do you even read the other post before you comment? - As I have said earlier, RDF may actually help people to meet even more people. Instead of people wasting time searching for an hour, you may actually meet 1-3 groups in the same time you spend searching now. With those groups you can be social and talk.

10. You make a few good points. How about RDF without the teleport function? I feel like that could be a middle ground everyone could agree on.
    YES! give this man a cookie!

11. Enabled RDF
    - More dungeon group on all level
    - Faster group forming
    - Faster transport, might lead to lethargy
    - Slightly less room for elitism in endgame dungeon, might affect group quality
    - Less dungeon boosting by higher level
    - Less people in the world, less world pvp and questing
    - Less communication in all dungeon level

Without RDF
    - Far less dungeon groups at lower level
    - Slow group forming
    - Players have to actually go into dungeon
    - People starts to demand high, sometimes relatively unreasonable requirements for high level dungeons
    - Promotes dungeon boosting
    - More people in the world, more quests and world pvp, might lead to gankings
    - More communications, mostly in lower level dungeons
    Why can't we have something in the middle? Something similar to raid finder or TBC dungeon finder? Or similar to mythic group finder in Legion?

Is there a solution for the this ^ ?

12. To All You RDF Haters

Could you please list just why, if disabling RDF is so positive, why it must be forced, shoved down everyone's throats? How is that you assume everyone must be just like you? RDF appeals to casual players, grinders, and achievement seekers. The only "convenience" that concerns most is being able to find groups while questing and farming and not having to watch Global scroll by like a hawk. or be lucky enough to find a guild that is truly active.

In fact not only have many girls told me they won't join global because of the early teen testosterone overload and negativity. Not only that but as Guild Manager for 2 years my best recruitment successes came from random dungeons where I met other random people I would not otherwise meet and see them in action Additionally when most recruitment is done via Global more people become GS whores and get any gear regardless of stats just to qualify for GS requirements. Others just lie. RDF has Blizz designed GS limitations so there is just no need for GS arguments or fakery and vets who know what stats to get instead of just GS get a chance to show their stuff.

Here's the biggy..... IT'S OPTIONAL !! If you prefer recruiting via chat DO SO, None of us RDF lovers wants to stop you, unlike many of you that choose forced chat recruiting. Personally I don't care much at all about the TP aspect of RDF. I don't get mounts because they are rare or look cool. I get ones that are extremely fast. It's no big deal. Lack of ability for ALL to grind at whatever level of commitment or time they have IS a big deal. Stop being petulant children and let freedom ring.

13. You always have the option of going to the other server where rdf is available.

14. Here's the biggy..... IT'S OPTIONAL !!
    You know what else is optional?
    Playing on a server made with having RDF disabled in mind from even before launch.

15. You know what else is optional?
    Playing on a server made with having RDF disabled in mind from even before launch.
    I gotta ask, why is it that everytime somebody shows the slightest hint of server dispespect all of staff insta shadowstep on him and either ban, delete or give somesort of smartass comment to that but when ppl keep asking for release date you cant give simple answer? Is is that hard to say prolly end of february / end of march?

First 123 Last