1. Prot Warriors Broken?

Can anyone explain to me how prot warriors are broken? I dont remember dying so easily in retail as prot while being about as geared as my warrior on Icecrown. It seems like my shield block does little to nothing in terms of mitigation and even with respectable stats I still feel very squishy in ICC. Also, another question, does parry haste exist on warmane because I am exp capped for raid bosses and if the mechanic doesn't work I can regear/regem a few pieces to add more avoidance.

Thanks

2. Hey, I have a warrior that's def capped with decent gear for hcs as well and it feels too squishy compared to my prot paladin, this definitely wasn't the case before so I think prot warriors are bugged, can't tell exactly what's bugged though, I've also noticed that shield block it's not as good as it was before. I know however that AoE threat is definitely wrong, either that or prot paladins are OP as ****.

3. It really sucks since the Prot Warrior playstyle is quite fun and dynamic compared to the other classes. It just doesnt seem viable anymore as a tank class for end game content. I dont have a problem with threat just with survivability at this point. My warrior is 5.5k which should be enough to tank most of ICC without issue.

4. Prot warriors are just the worst tank for icc, they cant deal with all the magic damage very well. They were fine in toc/ulduar/naxx, but icc has never been nice for prot warriors.

5. Protection warrior isn't as broken as you say or think. I personally have a BiS protection warrior. Geared from scratch without any form of donation/coins. Cleared LoD and Halion (Both inside as outside).
    If gemmed/enchanted/glyphed correctly. They're quite good.
    Saying that Prot paladin seems to be far more OP is because their fail-safe called Ardent Defender. Which is more like a passive CD. The other tanks have something similar. Last Stand (Warrior), Survival Instincts (Bear), Vampiric Blood (Death Knight).

And @OP, Parry-Haste is a thing.

6. And @OP, Parry-Haste is a thing.
    It's not really a thing at all, only 2 bosses have parry-haste enabled in ICC, and the main damage source for both of them is magic anyway.

7. The only known bug affecting the spec that comes to mind atm is the Shield Slam scaling with block value being off, causing Shield Slam casts while Shield Block is up to generate a lot less threat than it should. Otherwise, Prot Warriors are probably working just fine.

Overall it's just really difficult for other tanks to contend with Bears and Prot Pallies, and while DK tanks tend to have really marked niches that come to shine on several occasions in ICC (including LK), this holds rather less true for Warrior tanks.

8. Protection warriors are by far the worst tanks for end-game tier content on Wrath. From theoretical side, they are not only lacking increased HP which druids have, but also seem to be missing a talent similar to http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=50150 and http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=31852. Both of these talents are insanely good for the very end-game content and prevents an immense amount of damage which would potentially overkill you. From the practical side, they are definitely hard to play properly and executing fight mechanics while trying to stay alive at the same time can be troublesome for an average player which makes protection warriors a liability more than anything else when it comes to end-game content.

If a player intends to raid instances such as TOGC, ICC, I'd recommend picking up some other class (protection paladin/DK tank) and try to learn the fundamentals of most fights before picking a different tanking class.

9. Thanks for the input everyone. I dont consider myself a bad prot warrior and I know most of the fights inside and out at this point, maybe my frustrations comes more from being forced to PuG ICCs rather my chosen class and spec being bad. With a good group a few weeks back I tanked 9/12 bosses in ICC at just a hair under 5.4k gs.

Regarding parry haste, I raised my Expertise rating up to 27 and Deathbringer was a lot more forgiving to me damage wise, I noticed I wasnt getting my health drained as fast with double hits etc.

10. Afaik parry-haste doesn't even work right now and even if it did DBS should most certainly not get parry-hasted. The only noteworthy bosses that should are Sindragosa/Lady Deathwhisper and Halion. Maybe you had a better healer this time around or a paladin used his hand of sacrifice to help healers out.

11. Parry-haste doesnt work here since 2009. Every dragon in this game should parry-haste, but here its non-existant, which makes fights like Sindra/Hallion HC walk in the park

12. anyone wanna explain what parry haste is? also, one really important thing i noticed on this server is that people don't know much about the combat table coverage. A well geared prot paladin was giving me tips when i asked about ctc. his reply was wtf is that?

13. anyone wanna explain what parry haste is? also, one really important thing i noticed on this server is that people don't know much about the combat table coverage. A well geared prot paladin was giving me tips when i asked about ctc. his reply was wtf is that?
    You melee attack the boss. The boss parries your attack. The boss then has significantly increased melee swing 'haste', which causes the tank in question to go from taking slow&heavy hits to taking fast&heavy hits. Such a mechanic is capable of catching healers off-guard, thus resulting in a dead tank.

@ Thread, "Prot Warrior is the absolute worst tank in end-game content". Perhaps when people start figuring out what actually defines an "off-tank", then they will understand one of the most potent strengths of the class.
    If a player intends to raid instances such as TOGC, ICC, I'd recommend picking up some other class (protection paladin/DK tank) and try to learn the fundamentals of most fights before picking a different tanking class.
    This is absolutely awful advice. The only reason a Protection Paladin could actually be advised is because of how easy it is. If not for that, its utility (replaced easily by any paladin of any other spec), and Ardent Defender, then it would be the worst tank to advise. It is overshadowed and eclipsed in every way by one tank or another.

The best advice anyone could give is to choose a class based on your preference; what you'll enjoy. There is absolutely zero point in forcing yourself to play a certain class when you'd rather be playing a different one. Remember, this is a game. You should have fun with it, first and foremost.

14. people here seem forget a crucial piece of background information. its all about the encounter and its difficulty. people here express different point of views based on different encounter difficulties experienced on different tanks.
    the basics of a prot paladin are certainly quite easy to grasp onto, but it has a certain depth when it comes to the very end game encounters, a depth that a druid tank for example doesnt have.
    @op, the icc environment doesnt become the prot warrior well, his kit feels underwhelming with the high health, high hits situation.
    its still manageable tho, just a bigger burden on the healers ;D