1. Fastest/Most Efficient way to gear up for SoO since Timeless Isle is broken?

Just as the post says...

What is the fastest or most efficient way of gearing up for SoO?

I would use Timeless Isle, but ALL the chests are empty and clearly completely broken.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! I'm just spamming dungeon finder for Justice so I can buy the 496 gear from the vendor.

But even with full 496 that isn't quite ready for SoO. I'd like to get up to 520 minimum for SoO normal(Cleared normal pre-nerf on my Retail Blood DK at 505)

2. You will need 550+ to hope to do something

3. Getting into a SoO raid with full timeless gear would be a dream scenario, however I'm afraid most people are looking for 180k+ dps (or 150k if they're a bit more lenient), unkillable tanks and god-tier healers.
    To really boost your chances into getting in one such raid, it's best if you get full 550 and afterwards buy the 553 (upgradable to 569) belt and legs from the AH, depending on your role and spec. Then you'd need one of the Timeless trinkets that Emperor Shaohao sells for 50k timeless coins (again, class specific) as well as a shado-pan assault trinket. Both upgraded to 4/4 and 2/2 respectively.
    All things considered, if you are properly gemmed and geared, you should be nearing somewhere around 551.5 ilvl with the above mentioned gear. That's pretty much a safe entry ticket depending on what the raiders are looking for.
    There's also the option of doing ToES for PvE gear but as far as I've noticed they're far inferior to the prideful pieces. That's a good alternative if you don't feel like spamming arenas though.

That's pretty much all I could think of, since your chances of joining a SoO raid are basically dependant on:
    1) waiting for someone on global to announce they're LFM;
    2) asking (or begging for that matter) your guildmates to help you out (hell I'd rather wait for global fellas than do that);
    3) hoping you get into Stormborn somehow... greater odds of me joining Horde than that happening.

I wish you all the best since I'm in the same boat and I'm aching for ToT/SoO action in a non-elitist environment.

4. You will need 550+ to hope to do something
    On normal? normal SoO is 520 minimum(535 for pugs...) But if someone told me they required 550 for normal SoO I would straight up laugh at them.
    Edited: January 25, 2017

5. Getting into a SoO raid with full timeless gear would be a dream scenario, however I'm afraid most people are looking for 180k+ dps (or 150k if they're a bit more lenient), unkillable tanks and god-tier healers.
    To really boost your chances into getting in one such raid, it's best if you get full 550 and afterwards buy the 553 (upgradable to 569) belt and legs from the AH, depending on your role and spec. Then you'd need one of the Timeless trinkets that Emperor Shaohao sells for 50k timeless coins (again, class specific) as well as a shado-pan assault trinket. Both upgraded to 4/4 and 2/2 respectively.
    All things considered, if you are properly gemmed and geared, you should be nearing somewhere around 551.5 ilvl with the above mentioned gear. That's pretty much a safe entry ticket depending on what the raiders are looking for.
    There's also the option of doing ToES for PvE gear but as far as I've noticed they're far inferior to the prideful pieces. That's a good alternative if you don't feel like spamming arenas though.

That's pretty much all I could think of, since your chances of joining a SoO raid are basically dependant on:
    1) waiting for someone on global to announce they're LFM;
    2) asking (or begging for that matter) your guildmates to help you out (hell I'd rather wait for global fellas than do that);
    3) hoping you get into Stormborn somehow... greater odds of me joining Horde than that happening.

I wish you all the best since I'm in the same boat and I'm aching for ToT/SoO action in a non-elitist environment.
    Thanks for the information! Good stuff and I'll start working on it right away! Can't wait to be back where I was during retail MoP(was 578 Blood DK 11/14H SoO.) Does anyone ever queue for LFR or anything like that? I want to start getting some LFR gear... Also, Is Flex implemented? Can we do SoO on flex difficulty?

However, 550 for normal is laughable to me. Considering I was 11/14 heroic before I quit(I was 578 ilvl on retail) and my guild went on to get 14/14 Heroic 2 weeks later, I feel like I'd be fine with 535-540. As the post says, on retail, I cleared 14/14 Normal at 505 ilvl. The rest of my guild was 530-540 so obviously that helped out my situation but still!!

I think it is absolutely preposterous to ask someone to be 550 for normal SoO when normal only drops 553...

I'm not saying I would ask to join someones group at 505 ilvl, I wouldn't, that was purely a situation where the guild I ran was able to handle it. I didn't ever die and I outhealed several of the healers on a few different fights(obviously not hard to do on Mal but being 30 ilvls lower I was happy.)

I would definitely gear up, but if a group didn't take me at 535-540 ilvl I would definitely laugh at them and then probably start my own guild or something haha(well, if I couldn't convince them to bring me anyways, which I honestly probably could if I linked them my armories!) I mean that in no elitist way either, that's just straight up what is required on average for SoO normal. 535 minimum. Hell I even brought pugs that were 535 and they mostly never gave me trouble in clearing out.

In closing. I will Definitely work towards all of that and get as geared as I can. Also, as someone said, I will try to get on after a server restart/crash to get those Timeless Isle chests before they bug out! That being said, I would not accept it for someone to tell me 535-540 wasn't geared enough for NORMAL. Any guild I've ever been in has cleared normal on week ONE and started heroics as soon as they were unlocked(usually the next week on retail.)

6. Yes you are right. Its funny how on retail you can clear full SOO normal with 150K DPS , but the problem with Warmane is after you pass the first four bosses the raid is getting insanely gear demanding. I will give you an example:

When you reach Galakras and somehow your dps is enough to kill the waves and the hitbox of the Dragon is not bugged and you can shoot him down, than You have to kill him during the bloodlust duration. You have like ~1 minute to burst him down, otherwise after his 4th cast of Flames of Galakrond all of your raid is going down even if you pop all your cds. And you will probably ask me if we are doing the mechanic properly and my answers is yes, but the damage of the spell is too overpowered.

If you somehow manage to pass Galakras and Juggernaut then Shamans are coming and you cant imagine how difficult this fight is on Warmane. The Shamans have 100 million extra HP and the Toxic Storm spell is following the targeted player. Its insane.

That is why everyone is asking for 550+ 200k+ dps.

It is kinda sad because only handful of people can touche the end game content , but lets not forget we are playing on a private server and everything is free.

7. Yes you are right. Its funny how on retail you can clear full SOO normal with 150K DPS , but the problem with Warmane is after you pass the first four bosses the raid is getting insanely gear demanding. I will give you an example:

When you reach Galakras and somehow your dps is enough to kill the waves and the hitbox of the Dragon is not bugged and you can shoot him down, than You have to kill him during the bloodlust duration. You have like ~1 minute to burst him down, otherwise after his 4th cast of Flames of Galakrond all of your raid is going down even if you pop all your cds. And you will probably ask me if we are doing the mechanic properly and my answers is yes, but the damage of the spell is too overpowered.

If you somehow manage to pass Galakras and Juggernaut then Shamans are coming and you cant imagine how difficult this fight is on Warmane. The Shamans have 100 million extra HP and the Toxic Storm spell is following the targeted player. Its insane.

That is why everyone is asking for 550+ 200k+ dps.

It is kinda sad because only handful of people can touche the end game content , but lets not forget we are playing on a private server and everything is free.
    For sure. Great info and I will keep it all in mind. I don't consider myself to be the average player however. I consider myself to be more on the professional side and feel fairly confident I could handle anything Warmane has to throw at me! :)

ESPECIALLY considering I'm a Blood DK. Insane self healing, great mitigation CDs, and I don't have to worry quite as much about DPS as the actual DPS(although I am more than comfortable enough to pull the #s a Blood DK should be pulling!)

Thanks again guys for all the great replies and tips! I'll be working hard to gear up and get ready...

Lastly, again, does Flex and LFR work? Also if there are any guilds out there that need great players, I'm your man! :) 31 years old, English is my first language, have a LONG history of gaming(since Commodore 64) and have been playing WoW since Vanilla open beta. I've also done all heroic raid content up to 11/14 Heroic SoO. I would have finished SoO but I decided to focus on other things in my life at that point.

8. Nope , I think they will implement LFR at some point. For now it works for ToT , but you can rarely see anyone queing up for it. Your best option is to grind 550 prideful items and in the meantime do ToT10/10hc/25 runs and ofc. Timeless gear , but I won't depend on that at all with the current condition of timeless isle.

9. Gl killing 2 bonecrushers with 50 mil hp with 150k dps and 4 ppl at tower

10. If you find a decent PvE guild, let us know, or in the case you build your own guild (since you seem to know your ****, and have the enthusiasm).

As I stated in another thread (http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....33#post2769833):

[...] PVE is a pain in the neck and only few people does that because you cant get invited without achievement even if you are 550 Full PVE item. [...]
    So my perception about this was right. I've been having the same issue trying to get invited, although a couple of times we [the raid] were almost ready but something always went wrong. (Still wanting to get some PvE trinket for some testing (related to a previous closed thread)).
    I haven't wanted to experiment guilds that suit me since I'm in a friend's guild (non-pve) and don't want to leave it unless it's strictly necessary. Plus, I'm not a PvE player, but I'm interested in PvE atm for some reasons (besides of the one above).

11. Your best option is to grind 550 prideful items
    I definitely enjoy PVP, but do people even take you if you have FULL pvp gear? I know that it's different in MoP, no resilience and you get both pve stats, but is it comparable to PVE gear? I've never actually tried raiding with PVP gear in WoW because I always had my own guild going and we just cleared out the raids asap anyways.

If this definitely is a viable option I would do it so let me know!!

12. If you find a decent PvE guild, let us know, or in the case you build your own guild (since you seem to know your ****, and have the enthusiasm).

As I stated in another thread (http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....33#post2769833):

I haven't wanted to experiment guilds that suit me since I'm in a friend's guild (non-pve) and don't want to leave it unless it's strictly necessary. Plus, I'm not a PvE player, but I'm interested in PvE atm for some reasons (besides of the one above).
    I'm seriously thinking about starting a guild... I just notice that the server population isn't that high and I worry that I won't be able to find all the raiders I need/want... "want" meaning... I'm not an elitist, but I also don't want to settle for players that clearly can't handle learning an old fight(especially considering this IS all old content and I've killed these bosses already 15-30+ times.) But as I said, I am seriously thinking about it.

That being said, is there a demand for an English speaking PvE North American based raiding guild?

I don't mind teaching people fights if they can grasp the concepts quickly. They would also obviously need to know their class inside and out(again especially considering it's an old version of WoW, there is nothing new to learn, all of the information is already out there.)

13. Is there a higher demand for tanks or healers right now? I am a ranking healer at WorldofLogs but I also love tanking. Any info on this is appreciated!

14. Well getting PvP items(Prideful) is your best option atm to boost your gear. I am not saying you need to be full PvP gear , but the pvp pieces they will boost your your overall item lvl and help you get into a good raiding group. As I told you above your best option is to start with Prideful pieces/weapons. Get your timeless trinket, grind some gold and buy the 2 crafted 553 items(belt and legs), start doing tot10 normals and hope for a decent trinket drop. If you get the chance of joining a HC run even better. Most of the good guilds and groups that are doing HC runs are clearing at least till Ji Kun(2 heroic tokens - hands+pants).

15. Is there a higher demand for tanks or healers right now? I am a ranking healer at WorldofLogs but I also love tanking. Any info on this is appreciated!
    Well a decent tank is always appreciated and if you are good healer people will notice you and eventually this will get you in a good raiding guild. I am not seeing a lot of good DK tanks , so I think this is a good option to consider(even better that you mained the class on retail).

12 Last