1. Concerned about my $$$ investment

Hi guys,

I play on Wotlk Icecrown server. I want to start by saying that I love the server and I like how its being run. I understand that running 12k pop sever cost a lot of money and involves a lot of staff. I've donated over $700 in last 2 months to help out with cost and about to donate more for my bis rogue.

I am concern about my investment at this point.

I constantly see characters selling in Global 5x cheaper than I would buy it from the store items. My warrior is getting auto priced 600 coins on the market right now. My question to the community is:

How realistic would it be to sell my character for the amount of coins I;ve spent on it? Do people buy characters at all from the shop?

I am also concern about all the scamming going on in global. Yesterday I saw ***** selling almost bis rogue for 100 coins. When I meet him up in Dalaran he had 3 pieces of gear missing on him and nothing was enchanted or gemmed. He linked all his Arena Achievements 2200 2v2 and pve ones. How would he get to this rating with missing gear, gems and enchants? Is he trying to scam me by not putting the character up via trade system?

I would like to continue to support the server and the staff in the future but things like that concerns me a lot at this moment. If someone has any experience of buying selling characters via shop please share.
    Thank you

2. Hello there,

There is no need for you to be concerned about $$ investment because it's not, that's why it is called Donation.

About these characters in global : they are removing items to low the price, but if someone buy them, they are getting only the items equipped (inventory not included) so in the end one character with 2 bis items for 80 coins is not a good deal in anyway. People rarely buy from the shop because it's so expensive, the system calculate gear + achievs + inventory = high price. If you need let's say 350 coins for bis char and try to sell him on the shop without removing the the price will be atleast 420 coins i guarantee.

As for the rogue rating this is called boosting and it's not so hard.

This is my opinion of course i hope it helps.

3. Hi thepleven,
    Thank you for explaining , it does help

4. If some1 says in the character description cold weather flying learned, you buy that character, but its not learend - is it considered as scamming and bannable ?

5. [...]the system calculate gear + achievs + inventory = high price. If you need let's say 350 coins for bis char and try to sell him on the shop without removing the the price will be atleast 420 coins i guarantee.
    For a full bis rogue combat rogue you need 391coins to gear it usng the coinshop. And it sells for 342coins on the trade. Buying full bis chars on the trade will always be beneficial coin wise. Selling it will never be. (assuming we are talking about the minimum price)

Also, achievements aren't factored in, at least not the majority of them (but I'm pretty sure none of them count). Professions, cooking, first aid, fishing also don't influence the price. Transmog is also a thing that doesn't raise the price.
    Edited: January 27, 2017