1. [H] <Storm> PvE Normal Raiding Guild

---------------------------------- <Storm> ----------------------------------

If you haven't already talked to Cancerina or Ultrawhite (Guild Master's), or an officer in-game, this guilds purpose is to emphasize on helping the player base better understand the game in a polite manor and progress on content at the same time. That being said, this guild will still have structure regarding raid times, and the use of Discord during our raids. The looting system we use is EPGP, and the download link will be provided once accepted to the guild.

The HUGE part of why <Storm> was created, is because of those ODD times you really want to create a raid, but have to depend on unknown faces in /global. We've all been there, and had to go through the typical global spam "LFM ICC10n X Gearscore X Achievement X Inspection". Once we get the group together, and maybe progress 4 bosses, disconnections happen, loss of moral, people end up leaving, loot drama, ETC. <Storm> is meant to clear that all out of the way and have an assembled group of people everyone can talk/chat to over Discord, and be comfortable with. Incase some select individuals have to leave, we can hopefully pick it up another time or ask for more people within guild for assistance.

The thing we do care about, is if you're willing to learn. Thats a HUGE part of being a part of this guild. WE DO NOT, intend on turning this guild into an elitist guild. As long as you speak/understand english, and are willing to adapt & take advice, you're good to go.

Raid Time = 4:45pm ST (12:45pm EST).

Website = https://storm-moltenwow.shivtr.com/

Guild Masters'

Cancerina
    Ultrawhite

~~~~~~~~~~ Resignation of Ultrawhite March 16th 2019 ~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to be very short and sweet with the following unfortunate news.... It's been since December 27th, 2017 that I've called this great project quits. Every day I've been jokingly hassled by my fellow guild members, friends, & /global pugs in our discord to revive the guild. I've responded to all of those comments with the good ol "Soon TM" by Blizzard.

When I re-birthed <Storm> on October 27th, 2018 I was under the impression I could manage the guild around my working schedule. I thought everything would be perfect as it once was with the vision of this being a constructive gearing guild. That being said, I am NOT upset as to where <Storm> currently sits on the progression side of 3.3.5a content & the people in the guild currently are fantastic people as they once were in the past. My personal goals for the guild differ from what most people want out of the game: Content completion. Thus without me being there 24/7 in-game, It's hard to be a GM and push forward my personal vision of what I want for this guild.

The current group of members within <Storm> are FAR more capable than most people that I have encountered on this server playing this game. Their yearning for content completion is something I am not willing to put a pause to anymore. My fellow lovely officers on the other hand have embraced the change in the last month - Which I have nothing against! That being said, the unfortunate news that I have suspended until now, is I am stepping down as GM of <Storm>.

All future posts/updates/forum modifications & in-game activities I will no longer have any further involvement in. I have talked to my most favored officer and more importantly, friend - Cancerina - about this matter, and he will be taking the reigns up to lead <Storm> to further success in the future. I will be lurking around / finalizing any transitions between myself, and the new GM, Cancerina for roughly the next week.

I have 100% enjoyed my time here as GM of <Storm>, but I have no business maintaining that "Title" when I am realistically not here to manage/lead the new assembly of people within the guild. Regarding the raiding time (3:45pm ST = 11:45am EST), it will remain the same until otherwise noted/differs by Cancerina's judgement. That will also be said for anything else internally in the guild (EPGP/Application process/Mentality of people/Philosophy of the guild).

Regarding my own personal life? I have met A LOT of awesome people in-game and am blessed to have this time to get to know the fellow gamers I have played alongside of in this guild. Those of the people who know me in-game, realize I don't use social media that often (Twitter, etc). Facebook I check once a week to see whats suuuh in the world. The reason i mention this, is because approx 50% of my "Friends list" on Facebook, are people I've met through gaming communities. No homo, I love each and every soul I've met from the past, and in this current time of being. I don't plan on re-visiting video games as serious as I used to in the unknown future ahead of us. I might pop on once every three weeks to say hey to the folks, but at the end of the day: My passion for WoW has been lost. I don't have "fun" when I play anymore, and look forward to other activities in life currently.

Reading the previous history in my guild's discord OR the forum posts from this exact thread are... fascinating. It's a trip down memory lane for myself. Theres too many names this time around for a shout out for appreciation like I did last time around. Each and every one of you who deserves a thank you, already knows who you are. Unfortunately, there wasn't a single wipe redo I've had to scream out to the 25player raid group this time around. Bummer.

Thank you everyone for being here everyone, and I wish Cancerina the best in future development of this guild. I know for a fact that he will lead <Storm> to victory against Lich King every week.

This was the best time consuming project of my life.

-Ultrawhite

~-~ Retirement of <Storm> April 4th 2020 ~-~

To make a long story short here (TL;DR), I'll be posting this wall on behalf of Cancerina: he's decided to officially throw the towel in on good terms!! :)

I'll try to keep this short and sweet, or at least I'll try!

When I first stepped down and gave Cancerina the reigns of the guild, It was the most devastating feeling for me emotionally.

Most of the new lads in this guild (When Cancerina took over), don't know me too well other than the occasional words said over discord voice communication. I was probably in one of your raids silently playing along or shouting "****" out loud to myself, over a simple mistake. For context, I used to lead this guild EVERY day as a human resources department helping noobies in 10 & 25 normal content. Ever since I stepped down, two things happened...

A) My personal skill level at this game decreased due to not refining skills EVERY day like I used to. Similar to riding a bike - I knew how to ride my bike, but if I didn't hop on the bike every day training myself, it feels... odd, if you folks know what I mean.
    B) Cancerina took my baby <Storm> into a different direction that I didn't want it to EVER go down. That being said, I relinquished my grip and let him take over because it wasn't my responsibility anymore. (That being said, I do NOT have any hard feelings against him).

Coming back to play a few raids with everyone was a VASTLY different image of what I wanted <Storm> to be. I wasn't in my A-game anymore, nor I didn't want to involve myself into the admin side of the guild. Fellow raiders have probably heard a few times from old timers: "Hey Ultrawhite, want to explain Sindragosa tactics for the team?"... I've always shrugged it off, because as soon as I did, I knew for a FACT that I wasn't a role model in the guild anymore with the new recruits *AND* repeating myself, I had different views of how to direct raids (Admin responsibilities). No one would take me seriously, in addition I didn't want folks questioning "Who the **** is this guy?". <Storm> wasn't my place to be a leader anymore. If I explained Sindragosa, people probably would have went insane over my 30m perfectionist strategy - I've always hated cheesing boss fights.

I don't like to rank people, but Cancerina is one of my best friends within <Storm> and has always been by my side with everything I've done in this game. I've always wanted this to be a normal "Gearing Guild", but he and a few others have always promoted the "progression" side of the game where I've always put my foot down when I was in charge. Just because of this slight difference in direction that he's taken it, doesn't mean I look at the gentleman any differently - he's still my best friend in my heart. The content that he and other core members, have progressed upon within this guild to this very date is mind boggling within a short time span. I do not blame him for dumping a water bucket on our campfire because there's only so much "drive" that keeps us going in a content based game like World of Warcraft, WotLK. Realistically, once you beat the PvE game: what's left to do? You've all slayed Lich King, chopped Halions head off, banished an astral being known as Algalon, AND some people are Best in Slot on their favourite characters. I would personally say he's done a fantastic job leading experienced players, and a few clowns through the hardest content in the game. I have no regrets/complaints about what he's done. Even myself, I occasionally get bored of this game and come back 3, 6, 9, 12 months later to re-experience it on Warmane once again. I'm sure Cancerina is in the same boat and is just mentally exhausted leading a guild, and would rather just be a fellow clown once again as he was when he first joined <Storm> (It's a good feeling).

**I can't speak for Cancerina on his behalf here**, but when I was leading beginners through IL 200/219/232/251/271 raids, starting on January of 2017; it was the best time of my life. Meeting people from ALL over the world to raid in a noob-friendly guild was a heartwarming experience. I may have joked about this, but I'm DEAD serious when I said earlier that I was working as a human resource department representative for <Storm>. I've seen guild leaders in random guilds not give a single damn about the community they're representing, and vise versa for the gentlemen who actually care. I POURED my heart and soul out into this guild when I was in charge with every ounce of love. It was a full-time job for me - I'm thankful I was unemployed living in my moms basement at the time to manage the guild, otherwise It would have crumbled to dust on day one. I invested 8-10 hours a day into this baby behind the scenes; most people probably wouldn't recognize this, but I was a "no life" perfecting EVERYTHING within the guild internally.

1) The content I posted after EVERY landmark on the Warmane website with photos/formatting/evidence/planning (1 hour +)
    2) Time wasted on grouping public raids then calling RO due to attendance (1-3 hours +)
    3) Advertising in /global & the Warmane website (1 hour +)
    4) Leading raids (2-4 hours +)
    5) Hosting mini-games afterwards (1-3 hours +)
    6) Updating our guild website on milestones achieved (1 hour +)
    7) Helping players after raids, crafting or explaining tactics (1-2 hours +)

Even with this current post, I aim to write this with a professional attitude with serious standards and devotion time wise (two hours thus far). I give HUGE credit to Cancerina for taking up my previous duties as I was once upon a time in his current shoes. My goal behind this project was to make this a non-toxic environment where noobs or experienced players could unite and play the game while enjoying the game & learning something new EVERY day. I personally have made a LOT of friends in this game and will NEVER take a moment back - Playing this game was NOT a waste of time, but a use of my time for a good cause. Looking back at the history of this guild, I'm proud of what *EVERYONE* accomplished, because it wasn't just Cancerina or myself - It's a community based project. I have certainly made mistakes leading this guild in the past, and do regret some of the actions I was too stubborn about - As an example, remaining nameless (you know who you are); Ashes of Al'ar. Experiences like that will haunt me probably for the rest of my life playing cooperative video games.

Realizing that I'm rambling on into the abyss, I figured I should probably conclude this textbox sooner rather than later. Funny how I said I'd try to keep this short and sweet, jokes on all of us for believing me ;). Most of you know me that I try to remain anonymous with names, but yet again, I have to give a big shout out to Pcmonk, **MY** cores, and most importantly THE man, Cancerina.

As for a concluding statement I have a video to share that represents my entire experience in <Storm>, and I truly hope the readers can relate to. This is how I felt leading <Storm>, and it will remain my favourite video up to this day... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMxW36WbW6M

*Saturday, April 4th, 2020* marks the final day of <Storm>. I'm putting the nail in the coffin for this guild and I will stand by this comment until I'm in my grave. It's been through a LOT and I do not wish on my personal behalf to resurrect this precious project that everyone has been apart of whether it was 2017, 2018, 2019, or 2020. If anyone disobeys my final wishes, I'll hunt you to the ends of the earth if I have to. Do you hear me?! TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH!!!

Thank you.

-Ultrawhite & Cancerina

P.S. How this forum thread attained 25k + views, blows my mind. Thank you warmane community & admins.
    Edited: March 20, 2020 Reason: Official Retirement - April 4th 2020

2. Bump This **** for RECRUITMENT.

Hope the guild is doing well, Hmu if you need any help

-Baby

3. Unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot, but <Storm> JUST finished our very first guild raid today! - ToC25n (Half public players, half guild). A HUGE Shoutout to <Triumph> & Alteks guildees to assist us in taking ToC25n down! I'm very proud of the few <Storm> members that came along today to raid with us! We are still recruiting and looking for active players to join our ranks! Numbers are growing each day and we look forward to the warmane community joining us! :)

4. Can't wait to see this guild grow! Happy to be a member! Great GM = Great guild

5. Our first official Naxx10 kill! (sloppy & prolonged HAHA)...

Thank you SO much to all storm members, and a few noteable people for the assist! It took WAYYY Longer than expected. Now that we know what to exactly do tactics wise for an IL200 raid, it should be easy pz for our next attempt at it.

6. Bump for recruitment! x2! We're doing a ToC25n again tomorrow! :)

7. Ulduar10 today was an experiment! Tons of fun, and wish we got further than we did - Totally going to continue it and plaster through the other portion next week. Everyone knows the tactics of the bosses we did now, so it's going to be a breeze :)

8. Huge improvement within our entire guild recently! We've attempted to do one ICC10n to see how far we get. Things are bumpy as most people are new to strategies, BUT a lot of people are learning all the tactics, and it's very smooth - Proud :)...

9. Congratulations!! Storm has achieved it's first kingslayer run! We don't expect to be focusing on ICC, but with assistance from a few noteable individuals; we finished the full 12/12 normal setting! We continued our run from a few days ago, and we were able to successfully do the whole raid. Lich King was WAY smoother than expected on our second try!

Shoutouts: Infpatch (Protection paladin, NEVER done ICC before), Leo, Sysco, Altek, and of course, all Storm members that tagged along!

Unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot of our glorious victory :(.

I'm so stoked to lead this guild!

10. Bump! We're still looking for active players who are willing to learn & tag along :).

11. We JUST finished our first ToC10 heroic run! Proud of everyone there. Everyone in the guild was hoping to do a ToC25n, but we'll settle for ToC10hc :).

Unfortunately, we had to replace one of our officers due to an emergency, but i'm 100% sure we could have done it with him! Special thanks to pwong for tagging along helping us out! 9/10 Guild Run for the Anub kill! (Jivar was on an alternate toon, his main is in guild!)

Looking for more people to apply to our website! :). Be sure to whisper an officer at 4pm ST, as we are most active at that time for an invite to the guild incase you ARE accepted! :)
    Edited: March 15, 2017

12. On the one hand, the nature of your guild sounds absolutely phenomenal. I really appreciate knowledgeable and helpful people doing this, and I would love to join.

On the other hand, my availability for raiding is more like 9PM EST. Bummer.

Good luck with recruiting, and keep up the good fight! Maybe I'll bump into you guys as I level and gear my Horde toons.

13. Thank you very much for the feedback man! Unfortunately it doesn't suit your time :(. I as well, raid with other guilds at approx 9pm EST as well so maybe i'll encounter you in the future man! Cheers for the good wishes :).

12311 ... Last