1. Warr for tanking. Wise choice?

Hi,
    I am playing on lordaeron and I heard that prot warrior might be the worst tank for this server because of the Lordaeron boss buffs. Is warrior still viable as a tank?

I know I read something which made me level a DK, but I freaking hate tanking as dk, it's not the same. Warrior was awesome, but I do want to raid...

2. I also received that kind of comment i donated for the shield/mace/trinks for prot warr and they say it's the worst tank on the server. Btw im with Icecrown, is it too late for us?

3. I also received that kind of comment i donated for the shield/mace/trinks for prot warr and they say it's the worst tank on the server. Btw im with Icecrown, is it too late for us?
    i dont think so. war tanks can handle halion and lod with proper gear. Nothing beyond this imo.
    Bth paladins better crowd control cos of their taunt ability (applies x3 mob at the same time) maybe this could be advantage if u re taking shamblings at first phase of lk encounter and easy to pull ghouls. but it is not a reason for me to switch warrior. Reason i enjoy playing..

Hi,
    I am playing on lordaeron and I heard that prot warrior might be the worst tank for this server because of the Lordaeron boss buffs. Is warrior still viable as a tank?

I know I read something which made me level a DK, but I freaking hate tanking as dk, it's not the same. Warrior was awesome, but I do want to raid...
    I m not playing at lordeiron but i remember something about unhittable set which can be obtainable by warriors only for adds Anu'rak.. I dunno why u fell regret or pessimist about prot wars.
    Worst tank : no ability with under pressure like using all defensives at the same time when something goes wrong.
    Edited: February 7, 2017

4. i dont think so. war tanks can handle halion and lod with proper gear. Nothing beyond this imo.
    Bth paladins better crowd control cos of their taunt ability (applies x3 mob at the same time) maybe this could be advantage if u re taking shamblings at first phase of lk encounter and easy to pull ghouls. but it is not a reason for me to switch warrior. Reason i enjoy playing..
    Righteous Defense is actually a liability, because if at any point, the mobs you are trying to taunt target the other tank, you may end up taunting Lich King.

@ Thread, the popular opinion is that Warriors are, in fact, the "worst tank". However, don't be fooled by this stigma. Warriors are very capable of getting good results. You will just have to put forth more effort into your gameplay and gear than most other tanks out there. It is very rewarding if you can do well, and you will be noticed by people because good Prot Warriors are not very common.

5. Honestly, I did play warrior for a very long time, even on molten-warmane. I don't see prot warr as a hard to play class and if there are so many complaining about or avoiding warriors, then there's something wrong with them.

I only thought that the main problem is the buffed bosses who hit harder and the warr HP can't handle it. I thought that this can be solved by making the boss hit faster instead of harder but nobody mentioned that.

Maybe 3.3.5 is not made for prot warriors.

6. It isn't hard to play. It is hard to get as much out of it, currently, as you would another tank class. The majority of people playing tanks aren't very good in general, and Prot Warriors are exceedingly rare. Hence why it is refreshing to see one that is a capable tank.
    So before we go to try and argue about what tank is hard to play, there are none. The game is easy to play.

7. @Mercy because people like you spreading misinformation i rolled war tank too and heavily regret it.ToC era is over and i still havent seen a warrior tank in TogC.If someone wanna be a cuck and be perma OT go ahead and roll warrior.

8. @Mercy because people like you spreading misinformation i rolled war tank too and heavily regret it.ToC era is over and i still havent seen a warrior tank in TogC.If someone wanna be a cuck and be perma OT go ahead and roll warrior.
    If you could actually read, you could see that Mercy was saying warriors require more effort to play properly, not that they're better than the other tank. Each tank in WoTLK has a niche, and the niche warriors are in had a weak position in ICC/RS.

Prot warriors are weak in 3.3.5a is because they primarily revolve around Block, a weak stat against slow-hard hitters like LK/Halion. Yes, its possible to tank end-game bosses as a warrior tank. However, chances are you won't see one in the top-end Lordaeron guilds anytime soon once ICC is released, as a Paladin's benefits over a Warrior (Better avoidance stats with equal to better EHP, stronger raid defensive utility, ardent) heavily outweigh the Warrior's benefits over a Paladin (mobility, stuns, more active cooldowns, thought not all of them are particularly strong).

Do some of your own research outside of a single discussion thread before trying to do end-game raids on server like Lordaeron.

9. as a Paladin's benefits over a Warrior (Better avoidance stats with equal to better EHP)
    Do some of your own research
    why u havent done yours then?

10. Prot warriors are good.. I have seen prot warrs MT LK and halion.. and we have completed that . I have a gearing prot warr too..
    You just cant mash 3 keys with it and get satisfied.. it is hard when compared to paladins.. and may be thats why.. it is " worst tank "

11. @Mercy because people like you spreading misinformation i rolled war tank too and heavily regret it.ToC era is over and i still havent seen a warrior tank in TogC.If someone wanna be a cuck and be perma OT go ahead and roll warrior.
    Misinformation?
    I've stated very clearly that a Warrior will have a difficult time performing as well as another tank class.
    That is very different than saying they do perform well as another tank class.

I'm saying it's possible to perform well, but I'm also saying you will have to PUSH HARD to get that performance, whereas the other tanks mostly have things handed to them on a silver platter.
    If a Death Knight requires 100% effort, then a Paladin requires 70% and a Warrior requires 150%.
    This has very little to do with skill. It is based upon knowledge, research and effort (mostly effort).

Hopefully this makes things clear enough.

12. Warrior as a tank lacks Damage Reduction spells and talents that DK and Paladin have for example.
    Also, threat generation is also low, compared to a Paladin, and especialy a DK tank.
    When it comes to Ferals and warriors, only reason why Ferals are a bit better is cos they have 1min def CDs and a lot more HP.
    Overall, nothing u do as a warrior can compensate for the lack of talents and spells. Not even if u put 200% effort.

DKs and Paladins are best tanks u can get at the curent state of Warmane.
    They have more Defencive Cooldowns and Talents, and bring more utility to the raids.
    They can survive if healers are bad if they know what they are doing.

If u have fun while playing Warrior or Feral tank, do so, but hope that ur healers are good cos u cant do much.

13. Prot warriors are good.. I have seen prot warrs MT LK and halion.. and we have completed that . I have a gearing prot warr too..
    You just cant mash 3 keys with it and get satisfied.. it is hard when compared to paladins.. and may be thats why.. it is " worst tank "
    What are you talking about?This threat is clearly for Lordaeron realm and CURRENT state of protection warrior.Please delete you post or edit it with some relevent text.The OP asked if he could raid and the simple answer is YES but only 25m normals and im speaking from my own expirience not pulling it from my ***.

14. Overall, nothing u do as a warrior can compensate for the lack of talents and spells. Not even if u put 200% effort.
    You're comparing them to other classes directly. That is not what this is about. This is about if they are capable. They are. I've seen it myself. I can cite others who have seen it as well. I really shouldn't have to though.

Are Warriors weaker than other tanks? Yes, they are. They also provide a gameplay that the other tanks do not offer.
    Believe it or not, there are people who choose to play based on what they enjoy, rather than based on what is stronger.
    That's all there is to it.

15. Karwa:
    "Warr for tanking. Wise choice?
    Is warrior still viable as a tank?"

Mercy:
    "the popular opinion is that Warriors are, in fact, the "worst tank". However, don't be fooled by this stigma. Warriors are very capable of getting good results. You will just have to put forth more effort into your gameplay and gear than most other tanks out there."

DK, Paladin, Warrior, Feral.
    All 4 are tanks.
    All 4 should be compared directly.
    Tank has 2 jobs.
    To hold Aggro on the target and not to get oneshoted.
    Warriors, are worst out of 4 tanks at the curent state of Warmane.

Im not saying Warrior tanks are not unique, or that they are not fun, im saying they are bad overall.
    There is nothing u can do about it. No effort to put in, no skill to polish when there are not enough talents and abilities to help u survive.
    U can tank RDF all day long easy, but when hard hitting boss stands infront of u, good luck...
    I also saw Warrior tanks in action, I fear for myself and them during the whole encounter.
    I dont have that problem when im in a grp with a DK or a Paladin Tank.

Thing with Lordaeron is that they wont EVER have the gear that will help them survive.
    First reason is simple, its progression realm, u start from scratch and gear up. So whenever a new patch comes with a new raid, u are undergeared.
    Second reason is that bosses are buffed on top of that, so even if u get that "best gear" for that patch, its still not gona be enough cos bosses hit harder than they are suposed to.

Saying that warriors are viable when u take all of this into account, is a bad advice if u ask me.
    There are tanks that can get the job done without the need of awesome gear duo to better abilities and talents.
    And on top of that, even if they manage to tank everything with Warrior Tank, when they reach Lich King without 30% buff, they will have to reroll and start from scratch AGAIN, which is not fun thing to do from what i know.

Overall, for Lordaeron, if u want to raid LK25m hc before they start implementing the 5-10-...-30% buff, u should go for eather a DK or a Paladin tank.
    When it comes to Icecrown, u can donate or gear a Warrior tank and have fun with it i guess, but again, there are better options for that job.

I know it sounds harsh, but how i see it, there is nothing fun or unique in not beeing able to hold aggro on ur own, or getting one shoted.
    Id love to play a Frost DK DPS with Shadowmourne equiped instead of going for DW talents, high numbers, awesome souls aura, brings back memories from retail Ulduar patch, but on warmane, it sux, so i simply go for DW or Unholy DPS.

U will learn how to live with it, belive me, and u will love it when u survive the imposible, or make more Threath than DPS whores...

Best of Luck. :)

12 Last