1. Challenge modes need to be closed and all so far gotten rewards removed!

Ok, for those of you that didnt play mop or dont remember clearly. Challenge Modes are timed heroic instance runs, you get a timer and then you need to beat it to get medals. However, as the dungeons content of any expansion is trivially easy with end game raiding or pvp gear blizzard built in a special condition, to quote: "Any gear worn above ilvl 463 will be scaled down. This ensures that running these instances will be challenging even in later tiers--you can't outgear it. In addition, the pulls will be more complex than on Heroic mode." (http://www.wowhead.com/news=206398/m...hallenge-modes)

Now, finishing these things fast enough gives you an amazing transmog set, a mount and other stuff. This was HARD back then (well, for the average wow player), it was almost impossible to beat them for quite a lot of people, so a boost used to cost upwards of 100k (in x1, during mop, where 4k gold still was a lot and many people couldnt afford fast flying) or quite a lot of rl money.

The problem with that on warmane is that right now the crucial thing that makes them difficult and hard and challenging, the scaling down of the gear, is missing. So people are breezing through them with up to 100 extra ilvls compared to what it was intended at (as you all probably know, the difference between a 540+ ilvl person and a 463 is absurd - the difference is almost as big as cata gear to a mop geared person), this trivializes the content and makes it absurdly easy. Getting the rewards went from quite hard to super easy.

If the challenge modes are meant to mean anything, if the rewards are meant to mean anything at all the challenge modes need to be closed instantly, all the rewards removed from everyone and only when the content actually works should it be reopened. They are a joke right now!

2. Most of them are easy, however the last boss of Stormstout Brewery has proven himself to be rather non-trivial, and the amount of damage you get hit for if you don't nail all the mechanics 100% perfectly leads me to believe that while gear doesn't downscale currently, the dungeons do scale up to some extent. Another example would be the second boss in Scholomance - if you don't find her quick enough in that one dreaded phase it's pretty much gg as she slowly drains the whole group at a rate too high for most healers to heal through (if you don't pop lots of cds).
    Now this is solely based on my observations and no hard facts, so I could just as well be wrong and the dungeons at their correct scale.

Also I've completed all of them on more than one toon now. It'd be a real bummer if that were to get resetted seeing as I spent a couple nights dealing with the misery that is assembling a proper cm group :/

3. Yes, bugs and stuff that doesnt really work makes them some of them harder then they would be normally, but its still nothing compared to doing it in 463.

4. The brewery has always been a problem for years now.

5. Gonna agree with OP. Defeats the purpose of these rewards being rare if dungeons are a joke and everyone is walking around with their CM transmog.

I don't understand how challenge modes were launched without down-scaling gear...

The best solution is to close them and reset all rewards/achievements, and relaunch when everything works fine. Anyone who opposes this should ask themselves if the reward is worth it if everyone has it...

6. This thread is ridiculous in my opinion. I've looked far and wide for people to do CM with me and I barely found them, and we had to work quite a lot to beat it. We've worked so hard that when we finished it all, I went to get drunk. Yes, it was that hard for us. So I think we've won fair and square, because we all got headaches from it. I hate the hardcore pve guilds that are geared beyond insanity who did them in like 2 hours prior to release lmao.

7. This thread is ridiculous in my opinion. I've looked far and wide for people to do CM with me and I barely found them, and we had to work quite a lot to beat it. We've worked so hard that when we finished it all, I went to get drunk. Yes, it was that hard for us. So I think we've won fair and square, because we all got headaches from it. I hate the hardcore pve guilds that are geared beyond insanity who did them in like 2 hours prior to release lmao.
    The fact you struggled really says a lot...

Me and my guildies did all of them with me tanking (530 pvp geared guardian druid), a 520 pvp geared holy paladin, a 530s pvp geared warlock, and 1 520s pvp geared shadow priest. We filled the last spot with whoever we could find.

Literally did not struggle with any bosses, except brewery, and even then we were able to wipe and run back and kill it to get gold.

Challenge modes are a joke. If you struggle with them now, you really don't deserve the gear at any point...

8. Notorious- are u for real ??
    ppl who jsut do PvP want Cm gear as well so dont acare about that how hard is is or if it get downscaled lol
    we arent on retail so pls stop talking bull****

9. The fact you struggled really says a lot...

Me and my guildies did all of them with me tanking (530 pvp geared guardian druid), a 520 pvp geared holy paladin, a 530s pvp geared warlock, and 1 520s pvp geared shadow priest. We filled the last spot with whoever we could find.

Literally did not struggle with any bosses, except brewery, and even then we were able to wipe and run back and kill it to get gold.

Challenge modes are a joke. If you struggle with them now, you really don't deserve the gear at any point...
    Can People that have no idea how to play and what they are talking about get off the forums for good please !!!!!!

10. people bashing on someone who has a point and wants things on the server made properly, lmao. Why does it matter if you're PVP or PVE? If you want the gear you are gonna have to word as hard as anyone else. You don't have to be a leet PVEr for challenge modes, you are just plain stupid. You think it's normal for a CM run to be 1 minute ****ing 34 seconds long??

11. This thread is ridiculous in my opinion. I've looked far and wide for people to do CM with me and I barely found them, and we had to work quite a lot to beat it. We've worked so hard that when we finished it all, I went to get drunk. Yes, it was that hard for us. So I think we've won fair and square, because we all got headaches from it. I hate the hardcore pve guilds that are geared beyond insanity who did them in like 2 hours prior to release lmao.
    No you didnt win fair and square because you outgeared the content by an absurd amount. If it was hard for you with 80+ more ilvls then you are supposed to have (which means 3 times the damage or so), then you should never have gotten the rewards.

And that makes the whole idea of challenge modes useless.

12. Notorious- are u for real ??
    ppl who jsut do PvP want Cm gear as well so dont acare about that how hard is is or if it get downscaled lol
    I mean you know so little about them that you make statements as such, someone like you doesnt deserve the rewards untill you put in the time and try to get the proper gear and actually learn your class and the content. Stuff like https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Zn4/edit#gid=0 ought to be mandetory to do them. It isnt supposed to be a freebie for everyone.

13. Ppl should be happy with what they get, its a pserver, things wont be always perfect. If u dont like it go find a server that better suits u.

14. Ppl should be happy with what they get, its a pserver, things wont be always perfect. If u dont like it go find a server that better suits u.
    We get nothing but the reward itself though, challenge modes without scaling are basicely heroics with a timer, an absurdly easy timer at that. Theres 0 content in them as they are right now, and if they ever get fixed and people get to keep the current rewards everyone will have the rewards already so its not really worth putting all the effort in. And all the people getting them for free right now would never do them again when they are done properly.

15. Notorious- are u for real ??
    I play PvP and I want them to work properly so that when you see someone in a challenge mode set, you know they actually worked hard for it. I want the sets to be rare so they actually mean something, not see everyone and their mom walking around in them.

Can People that have no idea how to play and what they are talking about get off the forums for good please !!!!!!
    Please enlighten me as to what I said that shows I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Ppl should be happy with what they get, its a pserver, things wont be always perfect. If u dont like it go find a server that better suits u.
    By that logic, I never want to see a post from you complaining about anything going forward. I've been playing on pservers since 2006, I know they won't be perfect. That doesn't mean you stop asking for improvements to be made.

123 ... Last