1. His argument is that the content is irrlevant, that no one cares about CMs, that they dont matter and should stay broken forever. Not to mention that he is taking about ilvl, dungeon content not being run (which obviously no one did on retail too, people only really revisited the dungeons for CMs) and about how everyone should deserver the mog/mount just for being on the server.
    I misunderstood that part. I mean if it's that bugged close it, just stop it here, but keep the consequences for the sake of the people who did the raid for the right reasons;I don't think many people were actually thinking about it being bugged, most people were just happy it works. Nobody took away all the spectral tigers and phoenixes that were farmed last year during that one day of the cow raid not having a CD, sure not that many people got it but the point stays.

I mean this whole thing about tmogs is a bit ridiculous, people who truly care about it will find a way to be original if that is what they want to be. I for once would not change my hunter's nor my monk's tmog cause I love them the way they are, we all have some sort of "style" we prefer on our chars. If you wanted the tmogs cause of the value their ownership suggests then you might as well walk around with full prideful or end game pve set. If you want it cause it looks good, it will look good no matter how many people have it. If you just want it to be rare, for the love of god, farm some green set that has 0.1% world drop like mine. Saying "take it away cause everybody has it" kinda sounds like " I don't want a cookie if everybody else gets it too".

2. This thread is the best! People complaining about everything that's not blizzlike, untill they get handouts...

3. I misunderstood that part. I mean if it's that bugged close it, just stop it here, but keep the consequences for the sake of the people who did the raid for the right reasons;I don't think many people were actually thinking about it being bugged, most people were just happy it works. Nobody took away all the spectral tigers and phoenixes that were farmed last year during that one day of the cow raid not having a CD, sure not that many people got it but the point stays.

I mean this whole thing about tmogs is a bit ridiculous, people who truly care about it will find a way to be original if that is what they want to be. I for once would not change my hunter's nor my monk's tmog cause I love them the way they are, we all have some sort of "style" we prefer on our chars. If you wanted the tmogs cause of the value their ownership suggests then you might as well walk around with full prideful or end game pve set. If you want it cause it looks good, it will look good no matter how many people have it. If you just want it to be rare, for the love of god, farm some green set that has 0.1% world drop like mine. Saying "take it away cause everybody has it" kinda sounds like " I don't want a cookie if everybody else gets it too".
    But the "I don't want a cookie if everybody else gets it too" idea is what drives MMOs for a very big part. Thats how the game itself is designed. Rare stuff is cool to have because it is rare, thats a core principle of almost any multiplayer game. Be it skins in cs:go, transmog/mounts in wow, wings in D3 and so on and on and on.

Its is egoisttical, sure. But thats how the game was designed to work, people want to be appreciated for what they worked for, and by making stuff exclusive it gets value.

This goes so far that people are willing to pay 1k euros for a single title via ebay (Scarab Lord).

4. Not gonna bother replying to anyone but Callisto93, as the rest of you have only posted stupidity that doesn't deserve my time.

@Callisto, the issue here is that one day these challenge modes WILL be fixed. All that means is that new players get screwed over hard, while older players got to run through this without any work whatsoever. The fact is, when you saw someone with a CM transmog on retail, it meant something. It was a very rare occurrence. To put it into perspective, what you are saying is that rarity is not an issue for people. I completely disagree. Imagine if Ashes of Al'ar dropped 100%, or Invincible dropped 100%. Or hell, Astral Cloud Serpent had a 100% drop rate. Would those items be worth anything at that point?

Like Wolf mentioned, right now, there is no such thing as Challenge Modes. They are a complete husk of what they should be, merely heroics with a timer added that can be ignored completely since you have to be quite braindead to not make the timer.

Finally, it won't take long to introduce item scaling. Item scaling is already in effect in BGs (you're welcome to test). In fact, from staff replies, we can see they have already fixed item scaling now and it is only waiting to be applied. The reason item scaling wasn't put in effect before opening challenge modes, is because clearly our QA team failed to realise that ilvl scaling should be implemented for challenge modes.

No-one who has done the challenge modes deserves the rewards, period. In the matter of an hour, I managed to finish my last 3 challenge modes... one...hour... People who are arguing to keep their rewards are just another example of the entitlement attitude you see everywhere today. Just wanting free handouts while doing no work whatsoever for it. It's really quite pathetic in my opinion.

5. Not gonna bother replying to anyone but Callisto93, as the rest of you have only posted stupidity that doesn't deserve my time.

@Callisto, the issue here is that one day these challenge modes WILL be fixed. All that means is that new players get screwed over hard, while older players got to run through this without any work whatsoever. The fact is, when you saw someone with a CM transmog on retail, it meant something. It was a very rare occurrence. To put it into perspective, what you are saying is that rarity is not an issue for people. I completely disagree. Imagine if Ashes of Al'ar dropped 100%, or Invincible dropped 100%. Or hell, Astral Cloud Serpent had a 100% drop rate. Would those items be worth anything at that point?

Like Wolf mentioned, right now, there is no such thing as Challenge Modes. They are a complete husk of what they should be, merely heroics with a timer added that can be ignored completely since you have to be quite braindead to not make the timer.

Finally, it won't take long to introduce item scaling. Item scaling is already in effect in BGs (you're welcome to test). In fact, from staff replies, we can see they have already fixed item scaling now and it is only waiting to be applied. The reason item scaling wasn't put in effect before opening challenge modes, is because clearly our QA team failed to realise that ilvl scaling should be implemented for challenge modes.

No-one who has done the challenge modes deserves the rewards, period. In the matter of an hour, I managed to finish my last 3 challenge modes... one...hour... People who are arguing to keep their rewards are just another example of the entitlement attitude you see everywhere today. Just wanting free handouts while doing no work whatsoever for it. It's really quite pathetic in my opinion.
    Hey, most of us are Millennials, entitlement is in our generation... :D
    You make very good sense but you're also very positive, thinking this can be fixed so easily, or so soon. Remove specific achievements, not all. Remove the items from banks, inventory, wherever one may hide it. Reverse the tmog for people already wearing it. Remove the mount. Remove that one title. It's very delicate, if there's a way to do that, heck, be my guest... I don't like your comparison to retail cause if you want to go there then hell, fix the classes before you fix the raids, that's the retail value I want. Nobody is supposed to be one-shotted by combat rogues cause subtlety became useless for some reason.

Honestly sounds like it would have taken much less work to implement gear scaling before the release if you are right about it being possible, but we don't know exactly why they didn't and if there is a real reason then it's unlikely to happen soon and the challenge modes will be gone for a while. Would be nice to open some new bg for an exchange. ;)

6. Hey, most of us are Millennials, entitlement is in our generation... :D
    You make very good sense but you're also very positive, thinking this can be fixed so easily, or so soon. Remove specific achievements, not all. Remove the items from banks, inventory, wherever one may hide it. Reverse the tmog for people already wearing it. Remove the mount. Remove that one title. It's very delicate, if there's a way to do that, heck, be my guest... I don't like your comparison to retail cause if you want to go there then hell, fix the classes before you fix the raids, that's the retail value I want. Nobody is supposed to be one-shotted by combat rogues cause subtlety became useless for some reason.

Honestly sounds like it would have taken much less work to implement gear scaling before the release if you are right about it being possible, but we don't know exactly why they didn't and if there is a real reason then it's unlikely to happen soon and the challenge modes will be gone for a while. Would be nice to open some new bg for an exchange. ;)
    Well the thing is, gear scaling was fixed for PvE gear in PvP zones before the launch of Challenge Modes (most of them anyways, I think). So it's not a matter of them not being able to implement it. It's just the matter of them not knowing it was supposed to happen. I don't blame QA for a lot of things, but they definitely dropped the ball here. I do believe its been fixed according to Palutena's statement, just waiting for it to go live. But it hardly matters now, since the damage has been done and I think 85% of the realm already got gold in all of them :|

I agree that removing the rewards is not easy, but from my understanding, it is possible. Challenge modes should just be closed until they can figure out how to remove the rewards and then open them PROPERLY the next time.

In the meantime, its not like people lose anything to do, since challenge modes are the exact same as heroics. Want to run dungeons? Feels free to do the heroic mode, its the same as it is now. You just lose the timer on your screen that most of us ignore anyways.

7. It' simple, if all of you "lose" all the gear your earned via bugs(dummy bosses or buged,op classes, puppies etc) you would be naked. PCE

8. So is anything actually going to be done about this?

9. again to remind you how irrelevant your complaints are, the fact they put it out the way it is , means its obtained the way it is , if they go remove every item u get atm cause its fixed the next moment, u can delete your whole account and start over everyday cause u earned stuff in that bugged time period, u wanting people to lose stuff is your ego speaking and u a rotten person that only tries all ways for people to leave this server, wich is already struggling against all the hackers and abusers of items that want to keep it bugged for their own selfish reason to feed and have a image to hide behind. u should not have a word in anything cause u are not helping the server at all, u did not report a bug u report the issue you had with people getting stuff cause of a bug. know the difference and know your self stop pretending

10. again to remind you how irrelevant your complaints are, the fact they put it out the way it is , means its obtained the way it is , if they go remove every item u get atm cause its fixed the next moment, u can delete your whole account and start over everyday cause u earned stuff in that bugged time period, u wanting people to lose stuff is your ego speaking and u a rotten person that only tries all ways for people to leave this server, wich is already struggling against all the hackers and abusers of items that want to keep it bugged for their own selfish reason to feed and have a image to hide behind. u should not have a word in anything cause u are not helping the server at all, u did not report a bug u report the issue you had with people getting stuff cause of a bug. know the difference and know your self stop pretending
    Bug has been reported for a while.

Again, fairly certain WolfCD has reported more bugs than you, but by all means, please do provide us with a list (or even a screenshot) of bugs you have reported.

To take a screenshot, simply go to the bugtracker, and take a pic of the "My Reports" section.

Thanks!

11. again to remind you how irrelevant your complaints are, the fact they put it out the way it is , means its obtained the way it is , if they go remove every item u get atm cause its fixed the next moment, u can delete your whole account and start over everyday cause u earned stuff in that bugged time period, u wanting people to lose stuff is your ego speaking and u a rotten person that only tries all ways for people to leave this server, wich is already struggling against all the hackers and abusers of items that want to keep it bugged for their own selfish reason to feed and have a image to hide behind. u should not have a word in anything cause u are not helping the server at all, u did not report a bug u report the issue you had with people getting stuff cause of a bug. know the difference and know your self stop pretending
    How am i pretending in any way? I think the people that have gotten the CM rewards due to bugs should have the rewards removed, it says so in the damn opening post.

I gave a very good reason why i want the stuff removed and described the bug that lead to this in detail. What else do you want?

12. Gonna agree with OP. Defeats the purpose of these rewards being rare if dungeons are a joke and everyone is walking around with their CM transmog.

I don't understand how challenge modes were launched without down-scaling gear...

The best solution is to close them and reset all rewards/achievements, and relaunch when everything works fine. Anyone who opposes this should ask themselves if the reward is worth it if everyone has it...
    ...1 thing wrong with this post that you seem to forget.

You seem to forget you're on a PRIVATE SERVER. Anyone and everyone CAN obtain the CM gear since this expansion will not progress to another expansion.

So if you don't want everyone to have them then you should probably get over it. UNLESS the GMs/Devs give CMs a timer which I doubt would happen then not everyone WOULD get them and they WOULD be valuable.

13. ...1 thing wrong with this post that you seem to forget.

You seem to forget you're on a PRIVATE SERVER. Anyone and everyone CAN obtain the CM gear since this expansion will not progress to another expansion.
    I don't think you understand how CMs work, and what is wrong with them.

Not everyone CAN get them if they were working. That's the point. It is meant to be difficult. It is not difficult at the moment, because gear does not scale down. However, doing these dungeons on heroic within the timer with only 486 ilvl gear is quite a challenge.

I mean sure, it's not as challenging as getting Gladiator or something, but it is challenging and that is what adds to the fun. To be able to show off the nice gear you get from all the hard work it takes. Now, even if the bug is fixed, there is nothing to show off about it, since almost everyone on the realm has the same transmog/mount.

UNLESS the GMs/Devs give CMs a timer which I doubt would happen then not everyone WOULD get them and they WOULD be valuable.
    What in the world are you trying to say? CMs DO have a timer, and they are meant to have it. I don't think you understand what is currently bugged, and I recommend doing some research before posting nonsense...

14. What in the world are you trying to say? CMs DO have a timer, and they are meant to have it. I don't think you understand what is currently bugged, and I recommend doing some research before posting nonsense...
    That's not quite what he meant. He was talking about having CMs as a whole open for a limited amount of time only, so that at some point in the future CM gear becomes virtually unobtainable.

15. I don't think you understand how CMs work, and what is wrong with them.

Not everyone CAN get them if they were working. That's the point. It is meant to be difficult. It is not difficult at the moment, because gear does not scale down. However, doing these dungeons on heroic within the timer with only 486 ilvl gear is quite a challenge.

I mean sure, it's not as challenging as getting Gladiator or something, but it is challenging and that is what adds to the fun. To be able to show off the nice gear you get from all the hard work it takes. Now, even if the bug is fixed, there is nothing to show off about it, since almost everyone on the realm has the same transmog/mount.

What in the world are you trying to say? CMs DO have a timer, and they are meant to have it. I don't think you understand what is currently bugged, and I recommend doing some research before posting nonsense...
    No you're missing the point, over time with an expansion that never progresses eventually everyone will have CM gear. The only way to keep them valuable is to place a timer for them. AKA Warmane ends CM gear with a 3 Month Grace Period then CM gear becomes valuable.

Clothahump understands this, you obviously do not.

First ... 23456 ... Last