1. the dark side?

YO frostwolf. So I don't have any really geared toons or anything that I like to play on horde side, but would it be worth using 30 points to faction change from alliance to horde? I know it's hit or miss with what faction is winning at a certain time etc but it seems like horde PvP, bgs anyway, are far more organized. Feelsbad playing with randoms and 300k hp people against double 540+ premades from Devastation or Hysteria. But on the flip side, there's a fair bit of time where I can solo Que or premade and sweep the floor with the enemy team.

A side note, I'm getting quite bored of alliance honestly. I was a horde lifer all throughout retail and even molten. After moltdown I went alliance just because the PvP scene seemed more active. Lately though, I'm debating if a change would make me more interested in the game than I've been lately.

So yeah, the girlfriend and I are strongly considering changing to "the dark side" lul. I main a shaman, 550 ele/resto PvP and 555 resto Pve. I'm mainly doing PvP on the shammy though cuz it's hella fun honestly. My girlfriend mains a 550 disc priest, all PvP. We've just been having fun yoloing bgs and not really anything too serious.

So I'd like to get some opinions from the frostwolf community. You guys think it'd be worth the change to horde to try and have more fun again? Both me and the girlfriend would change factions together. And if we were to change, what races do you guys enjoy for shamans/priests? Personally I've always liked orc shamans, but troll or tauren seem decent in bgs/world PvP. And for priest I guess troll or undead?

Give me some feedback if y'all don't mind and maybe I'll see you guys/gals in game!

Best regards, Shockx
    Edited: February 9, 2017 Reason: spelling

2. Don't do that, stay at alliance because I was exactly like you with same thoughts and I regret about faction changing every day now.
    i tell you why:
    1: Alliance is more populated
    2: If you check armory for top PVP players you see 90% alliance in top 100 list
    3: Alliance players are more skilled in PVP and its a lot easier to find at least a good partner in Global chat.
    If you want to win BG go with premade, solo queuing is 90% lose in horde too so...
    I hope it helps

3. After reaching 550 on 3 chars I really wanted to get into the PvE side. I was desperate enough to contemplate a transfer to Horde as well, however I then realized I'd never ever betray the allies and gave myself a talking to. Statistically it would've been better (but in the meantime I've found groups and created our own Discord server for raiding SoO and ToT; I'm now a happy 555 ww monk and still gearing), but it was a matter of ego here.
    I'd been camped and stalked by hordes far too many times while leveling, and I'd sworn to never affiliate with them.

But ditching the subjective side:
    - random bgs are won by horde mostly / premades are almost always won by alliance (I had the chance to be in a bg of 2 premades against both Hysteria and Devastation, and it was one hell of a match! but still won by the skin of our teeth).
    - arenas are far easier to find (usually instant), since you get to fight against your own faction members as well, and allies do queue more often.
    - PvE has been more crowded by horde players, however as of late I've seen so many allies taking up arms and going for end-game raids, it's wonderful.

All in all it's up to you what to do next. If you're planning to do it, consider the following: if you have plenty of other level 85 toons just for professions and daily research, they'll be obsolete if you transfer your main.
    Weigh out all pros and cons before you make a decision. :)

4. it seems like horde PvP, bgs anyway, are far more organized. Feelsbad playing with randoms and 300k hp people against double 540+ premades from Devastation or Hysteria.
    Don't talk if you don't know...

I had a horde character to test Bgs from that side, and they lose alot more than the alliance. Only way to win some BGs in the horde is premading. When I queue as alliance with my gearest chars, I usually win 70% or more. But if you want go to the horde side, lets go, you will see with your own eyes.
    Edited: February 9, 2017

5. I have chars on both sides, and i solo que often, and i find that queing solo is the major problem, faction change wont help you..

I'd recommend joining a pvp guild, on any faction, and que with premades, or better, get into rated BG teams, or arenas.

6. YO frostwolf. So I don't have any really geared toons or anything that I like to play on horde side, but would it be worth using 30 points to faction change from alliance to horde? I know it's hit or miss with what faction is winning at a certain time etc but it seems like horde PvP, bgs anyway, are far more organized. Feelsbad playing with randoms and 300k hp people against double 540+ premades from Devastation or Hysteria. But on the flip side, there's a fair bit of time where I can solo Que or premade and sweep the floor with the enemy team.

A side note, I'm getting quite bored of alliance honestly. I was a horde lifer all throughout retail and even molten. After moltdown I went alliance just because the PvP scene seemed more active. Lately though, I'm debating if a change would make me more interested in the game than I've been lately.

So yeah, the girlfriend and I are strongly considering changing to "the dark side" lul. I main a shaman, 550 ele/resto PvP and 555 resto Pve. I'm mainly doing PvP on the shammy though cuz it's hella fun honestly. My girlfriend mains a 550 disc priest, all PvP. We've just been having fun yoloing bgs and not really anything too serious.

So I'd like to get some opinions from the frostwolf community. You guys think it'd be worth the change to horde to try and have more fun again? Both me and the girlfriend would change factions together. And if we were to change, what races do you guys enjoy for shamans/priests? Personally I've always liked orc shamans, but troll or tauren seem decent in bgs/world PvP. And for priest I guess troll or undead?

Give me some feedback if y'all don't mind and maybe I'll see you guys/gals in game!

Best regards, Shockx
    As horde player, I'll tell you that the horde side is not better. I has 40% win ratio on my monk and random bgs are frustrating, but a least you will have instant queue :P

7. I have max toons on each side and i can tell you that is the same thing here or there. At one hour the horde is gonna win most of the bgs and at another one the alliance will.

If you both are feeling bored in alliance, changing factions will expand your game experience alot and surely will enjoy it. But dont expect to win more games in horde. (Alliance naturally has and advantage cuz of the humans racial).

I hope you keep enjoying Frostwolf.

8. Yeah I haven't decided yet, I guess ill take m time and get some ore toons get and xfer some alts. Thanks for the opinions. As a horde lifer, its hard to play alliance mains lol but yeah ill just chill for now. Thanks guys <3

Long live Frostwolf.

PS - Open ulduar and fix some ****. Stop working on old WOTLK. You have players on ALL expansions, take care of us too <3