1. I don't know where you heard this. If it is from one of our community managers, I can simply say that it is not true. We do have resources to create a PTR realm.
    Alright, let me call Pyro on Skype and ask him for the twitch recording where you clearly and openly state that you lack resources for the PTR Realm. The Teamspeak conversation should also be enough.

2. Alright, let me call Pyro on Skype and ask him for the twitch recording where you clearly and openly state that you lack resources for the PTR Realm. The Teamspeak conversation should also be enough.
    You won't achieve anything by proving that they said that they are lacking resources for it, if they really are and don't want to say that then they won't say it, you won't pursue them to tell you that's for sure. I would say that they do, having in mind the TR on which Winds of Northrend were hosted. If anything it doesn't have to be a public test realm, they can make it so only some guilds can enter so they can provide some feedback. Would be the best if high ranked guilds were able to join because most of those guilds, if not all, have retail experience with ICC so if anyone can provide feedback it's them.

3. Alright, let me call Pyro on Skype and ask him for the twitch recording where you clearly and openly state that you lack resources for the PTR Realm. The Teamspeak conversation should also be enough.
    If I stated such a thing in the past then I was in the wrong. I don't recall such a statement though. Either way, currently, we have the resources to host a PTR realm and the only question posed is whether we need one.

To clarify, we don't have the resources to host a full fledgling realm just for the purposes of testing. It would be waste of resources and waste of time of our hosting company since we use machines, not virtual instances. We however, can use the already existing machines, albeit lower performance than our live realms. We are pretty happy with the current state of ICC (+- some issues and polishing) and we were quite happy with our tournament and all the feedback from guilds participating, the viewers and et cetera was positive. (even from those that got banned for cheating and were disqualified).

4. (even from those that got banned for cheating and were disqualified).
    Whole guild got banned? :O

5. Whole guild got banned? :O
    No, one of the guilds gave up after participating for quite some time. Remaining members that stayed and played, broke a few rules which resulted in a temporary suspension.

To add, we are not quite sure ourselves whether the content will be released wing by wing or fully. We don't really see any downsides with fully releasing it at once.

Strong arguments and feedback for the wing-by-wing release will be of course considered.

6. Releasing it all at once, including the heroic modes, would make it so much better. In my mind I see it like this, once it's released it's all in front of me, all the bosses, the challenges, the achievements, the races for realm first, other guilds are already grouping up, it's more hype-able, enthusiastic than waiting for one wing in normal or heroic and normal mode and rushing it then waiting for another one etc. With full ICC released it's more fun, more things to look forward to, but if the whole ICC was to be released you would need to be very sure that it's ready. If for example one guild wipes on a boss because of the bug which appears only in some cases and the other guild doesn't trigger that bug and kill the boss you would have a drama on your hands. Do you somehow reset that? The guild which killed it would be mad, if you didn't the guild which didn't would be mad. I'm just saying it's a whole a lot of complications, which you might avoid if you make a PTR first.

7. Low level dungeon finder (15-60) would probably bring some life back to this dead server though

8. Low level dungeon finder (15-60) would probably bring some life back to this dead server though
    At the moment there are 6.7k players online on Lordaeron. Are we talking about the same realm?

9. Any idea around what server time ICC will be up on March 26th? Hopefully around standard raiding time like 17-18 ST.

10. Exact time will be posted one week before the release.

11. At the moment there are 6.7k players online on Lordaeron. Are we talking about the same realm?
    player amount doesn't matter when there's nothing challenging to do outside of wednesdays :)

12. about that release wing by wing or whole icc, from my view there are 2 ways: 1st release wing by wing but allow possibility of switch to HC so top guilds might try progress Heroic mode on 1st few bosses instead of rushing server 1st LK on normal. Second variant is obviouis and more probable, if HC is not possible to set when releasing wing by wing -> open whole instance, cause opening wing by wing on only normal ...it will take several weeks to even try HC mode but players will have already lot of 264/251s that time from normals and guilds that were behing will catch up gearwise with top guilds like memories/titan(now some will say its a good thing, but they earned hard their togc gear and it would be nice to see them try heroic icc with toc/togc stuff)

13. about that release wing by wing or whole icc, from my view there are 2 ways: 1st release wing by wing but allow possibility of switch to HC so top guilds might try progress Heroic mode on 1st few bosses instead of rushing server 1st LK on normal. Second variant is obviouis and more probable, if HC is not possible to set when releasing wing by wing -> open whole instance, cause opening wing by wing on only normal ...it will take several weeks to even try HC mode but players will have already lot of 264/251s that time from normals and guilds that were behing will catch up gearwise with top guilds like memories/titan(now some will say its a good thing, but they earned hard their togc gear and it would be nice to see them try heroic icc with toc/togc stuff)
    It seems like you've thought out things well, but from a competitive point of view, how is it gainful that heroic modes are accessible immediately, particularly when releasing bosses on a wing-by-wing basis? Additionally, in spite of the fact that I don't know you, but you seeming like a person that cares for competition, I do not understand what the issue in other guilds - or persons - being able to obtain gear up to or equal to current standards is. Surely you don't wish for one guild to breeze through content with zero competition? What'd the point be.

14. I can't seem to edit my post, but I figured it'd be best to include my personal opinion while trying to debate. I would, for Lordaeron's sake, prefer that developers follow the pattern that was seen on retail. It allows for tighter competition, as well as the ability to being able to optimise bosses in smaller bunks, pre, as well as post-release, to ensure fluidity in the encounters.

15. I can't seem to edit my post, but I figured it'd be best to include my personal opinion while trying to debate. I would, for Lordaeron's sake, prefer that developers follow the pattern that was seen on retail. It allows for tighter competition, as well as the ability to being able to optimise bosses in smaller bunks, pre, as well as post-release, to ensure fluidity in the encounters.

what competition? u think that it will create competition if nerds are allowed to farm wing after wing each week? it wont, the race will decide between the top guild of the toc patch, not only because they have the best gear but also they have the best players, organisation and dedication

it will only hurt the server to release wing by wing and it will continue this boring *** 5 boss per week raiding that we had for the past half year, give ICC in full and make sure normal mode is doable by a smart pug or lordaeron will lose more and more of its pop

First ... 23456 ... Last