1. You mention war machines and equipment as if it mattered so much in the World of Warcraft universe when it comes to battles.
    You forget that Taurens have the favor of an ancient force called The Earth Mother. I would sooner trust a druid or a shaman than a tank on the battlefield, don't know about you. And I would much sooner trust a bulking Tauren warrior in full plate armor wielding a runespear or a totem than a dwarf when it comes to both honor in battle and battle prowess.
    Dwarves also have shaman, and they are very sturdy and strong while in full plate armor while wielding a rune-axe or a rune-sword. Dwarves are revered above all for their weaponsmithing, with the exception of the High Elves. In case you're unaware, it was a Dwarf that crafted the Ashbringer - Magni Bronzebeard to be specific. The Tauren of Mulgore have nothing that can even remotely compete with Dwarven weapon and armor-smithing, technological capability (guns, tanks, etc.) or just sheer standing forces. Nevermind that Ironforge is one of the most impregnable fortresses in all of Azeroth, to which Thunder Bluff is just a camp-site in comparison.

2. You mention war machines and equipment as if it mattered so much in the World of Warcraft universe when it comes to battles.
    You forget that Taurens have the favor of an ancient force called The Earth Mother. I would sooner trust a druid or a shaman than a tank on the battlefield, don't know about you. And I would much sooner trust a bulking Tauren warrior in full plate armor wielding a runespear or a totem than a dwarf when it comes to both honor in battle and battle prowess.
    ''The favor of an ancient forced called the Earth Mother'' doesn't helped when centaurs almost destroyed the taurens in Wc3....

And remember: majority of Dark iron clan are now in the alliance, so dwarves army has now Warlocks and magues.

P.D: war machines and equipment turned the Iron horde into a great enemy, so it matters in wow's universe more than you think.
    Edited: February 19, 2017

3. 'P.D: war machines and equipment turned the Iron horde into a great enemy, so it matters in wow's universe more than you think.
    Whether it be equipped with machines or bloodlust instead, the original Horde was always a great enemy.

4. Whether it be equipped with machines or bloodlust instead, the original Horde was always a great enemy.
    More troubling than the original horde, is the Iron-horde with fel powers (Last wod patch) xD
    Tech+fel...
    Edited: February 19, 2017

5. When Tauren vs Dwarves comes into discussion. It turns into a discussion whether who is better in Strength/Military prowess
    None have put into account which is better in say... diplomatic capabilities, in natural preservation or the likes

6. When Tauren vs Dwarves comes into discussion. It turns into a discussion whether who is better in Strength/Military prowess
    None have put into account which is better in say... diplomatic capabilities, in natural preservation or the likes
    This is world of warcraft ;D

7. This stands to point that Taurens have better moral highground

8. I say humans are stronger than both of them!
    Humans and nelfs are best! Then comes the rest

Rip time to bring all races xd

9. Every tauren quest is like "here is a flower, plant it and watch how it grows".

Herbalists are ****ty warriors ya know.
    Taurens should swing with logs not axes and swords.

You are the guy who does not read quests when leveling.
    Cause every second horde quest is about shaman who got in troubles/died due to experiments with spirits.
    Lol +1
    ;D

10. I say humans are stronger than both of them!

Humans has fire weapons for the dwarves, I doubt they are stronger than dwarves army. And humans suffered alot for the scourge during 3ยบ war.

11. I say humans are stronger than both of them!

Eww humans

12. Only real men play the biggest class, Taurens nr1

13. This stands to point that Taurens have better moral highground
    Who cares about their moral highground when their faction got cornered by 30 level centaurs.

14. You are the guy who does not read quests when leveling.
    Cause every second horde quest is about shaman who got in troubles/died due to experiments with spirits.
    I have actually read a lot of them and there are far more of those that favor the shamans and druids than those that don't, same as with Alliance quests and their classes/races, not really a good point. Just read the books instead.

I agree Taurens wouldn't be able to conquer Ironforge(doubt anyone could) but then again they would never even try that.
    If a war between these two races started it would happen in Mulgore most likely, because Taurens are known for being peaceful and have no reason to armor up and march on Ironforge, while Dwarves are highly interested in Mulgore and Barrens digging sites and would have an interest in claiming these territories.

So the battles would happen on the land that Taurens nourish and care about, a huge open field of Mulgore. And in this world that is one of the strongest sources of power, much stronger than the hand-made metal objects. I think it would look much like the Thrall vs Garrosh fight scene.
    They weren't the strongest ground unit in wc3 for no reason, using their totems to pulverize anything especially if affected by Bloodlust.

Dwarves also have shaman, and they are very sturdy and strong while in full plate armor while wielding a rune-axe or a rune-sword. Dwarves are revered above all for their weaponsmithing, with the exception of the High Elves. In case you're unaware, it was a Dwarf that crafted the Ashbringer - Magni Bronzebeard to be specific. The Tauren of Mulgore have nothing that can even remotely compete with Dwarven weapon and armor-smithing, technological capability (guns, tanks, etc.) or just sheer standing forces. Nevermind that Ironforge is one of the most impregnable fortresses in all of Azeroth, to which Thunder Bluff is just a camp-site in comparison.
    Ehh Dwarven shamans.. A product of post original books lore that doesn't quite feel right since there isn't much said about them except that they are Wildhammer clan Dwarves. Blizz said that the WH Dwarves that fought Dragonmaw orcs were shamans (gryphon riders mostly) and I guess nothing denies that when you read the book again but it just feels weak when compared to the rest of the lore. Don't like the lets change everything in the books to suit our sudden changes in lore that much.

Yes, Taurens don't have a super special sword but neither do Dwarves(not used by them and is one of a kind due to it being made in a sudden state of anger that could never be repeated). Taurens don't have guns but their hunters are one of the best in the universe (don't know if you noticed but bows and crossbows are quite stronger in this universe than guns*). Taurens dont have great armor and weapons made of steel but they are physically dominant and capable of crushing that armor in with their raw strength especially if combined with Bloodlust as in wc3 (one of the best combos in the game even against human max defense infantry).

*debatable since some questgivers do say that guns are stronger for hunting but then again bow is the weapon of choice of most known characters over guns. Also if we are going after ingame logic with the questgivers in wotlk then cbows and bows are still stronger than guns based on items.

15. I have actually read a lot of them and there are far more of those that favor the shamans and druids than those that don't, same as with Alliance quests and their classes/races, not really a good point. Just read the books instead.

I agree Taurens wouldn't be able to conquer Ironforge(doubt anyone could) but then again they would never even try that.
    If a war between these two races started it would happen in Mulgore most likely, because Taurens are known for being peaceful and have no reason to armor up and march on Ironforge, while Dwarves are highly interested in Mulgore and Barrens digging sites and would have an interest in claiming these territories.

So the battles would happen on the land that Taurens nourish and care about, a huge open field of Mulgore. And in this world that is one of the strongest sources of power, much stronger than the hand-made metal objects. I think it would look much like the Thrall vs Garrosh fight scene.
    They weren't the strongest ground unit in wc3 for no reason, using their totems to pulverize anything especially if affected by Bloodlust.
    They weren't the strongest ground units in warcraft 3, in 1vs1 they lose against bear druid, dryads if you know how to micro (And they also lose against mages in same population because the polimorph and magic damage) and Mountain king kick hero tauren *** even with reincarnation. They are defenseless against flying units, I remember how fast gryphon riders kill them.

They can be good hunters, but they are very big to hide, and dwarves outnumber them. It's easier to shoot a big target than a smaller one, they would not come alive to the close combat.

*debatable since some questgivers do say that guns are stronger for hunting but then again bow is the weapon of choice of most known characters over guns. Also if we are going after ingame logic with the questgivers in wotlk then cbows and bows are still stronger than guns based on items.
    If you will talk about lore, ignore the game's logic, where unarmed lvl 90 gnome can kill at a punch 100 low lvl orcs^^
    If a dwarf rifleman shot a tauren, the tauren will die, if 20.000 riflemen shots 5000 taurens, taurens will die.
    Edited: February 20, 2017

First 1234 ... Last