1. Tauren vs Dwarves.

In terms of military power, which do you consider to have the most powerful army?

/Discuss
    Edited: February 17, 2017

2. well since the tauren almost went extinct, and dwarvers have guns, so dwarves

3. Dwarves outnumber taurens, has fire weapons, steam tanks, best skill and armory....
    Taurens are tribal and primitive, so dwarves win.

4. How is this even a discussion?

Tauren are by far the least militaristic race out of any of the playable ones, there's also less of them and they can't fit through doors, combine all that and you get a people that almost got wiped to extinction by lvl 30 centaurs.

Dwarves have tanks.

I feel like a much fairer comparison would be tauren and gnomes. They both have the whole "driven out of their home by low level mobs" parallel going for them.
    Edited: February 18, 2017

5. I feel like a much fairer comparison would be tauren and gnomes. They both have the whole "driven out of their home by low level mobs" parallel going for them.
    Gomes win, they have big mechs, machine guns, orbital weapons, robots, flying machines, etc. They don't need fight in close combat to win.

Technology > Big size.

6. Gomes win, they have big mechs, machine guns, orbital weapons, robots, flying machines, etc. They don't need fight in close combat to win.

Technology > Big size.
    And yet they lost their capital city to a bunch of troggs.

You can theorize about "muh technomagicks" all day but the impact of gnomes on the overall war part of Warcraft has been just as underwhelming as that of tauren.

7. Gnomeregan? Hello?

8. And yet they lost their capital city to a bunch of troggs.

You can theorize about "muh technomagicks" all day but the impact of gnomes on the overall war part of Warcraft has been just as underwhelming as that of tauren.
    IT's completely different situations:
    Troggs are like rats and they appeared everywhere, gnomes tried to eradicate them radiating the city with the consequence that it became uninhabitable, and now the city is under the control of lepers gnomes.

But taurens are very few, and an easy target for gnomish weapons. I also remind you that the Taurens would have nothing to do against gnomic aviation.

9. IT's completely different situations:
    Troggs are like rats and they appeared everywhere, gnomes tried to eradicate them radiating the city with the consequence that it became uninhabitable, and now the city is under the control of lepers gnomes.

But taurens are very few, and an easy target for gnomish weapons.
    Oh, it's so much better when you explain it. Now we know that not only did gnomes get beat by rats but also their own weapons. They sure sound like a force to be reckoned with.

10. Oh, it's so much better when you explain it. Now we know that not only did gnomes get beat by rats but also their own weapons. They sure sound like a force to be reckoned with.
    They were about to self-destruct by their own radioactive bombs, because they made a very bad decision, but this is just another proof of how powerful can be their technology and in good hands, they could use the same bombs in Thunder Bluff with the annihilation of its inhabitants.

And when I say troggs are like rats, I didn't said they are weak, I said they are alot and they can survive in radiation.

11. They were about to self-destruct by their own radioactive bombs, because they made a very bad decision, but this is just another proof of how powerful can be their technology and in good hands, they could use the same bombs in Thunder Bluff with the annihilation of its inhabitants.

And when I say troggs are like rats, I didn't said they are weak, I said they are alot and they can survive in radiation.
    Until gnomes actually manage to accomplish something of note, everything you're saying is just fanfiction wankery. The only thing gnomes have proven themselves competent in so far is being a joke and screwing themselves over. You've also missed the point of the exercise, it's not tauren vs gnomes/dwarves in an all out war, it's which one of them has a better military and as far as I'm concerned both tauren and gnomes are absolutely useless in that regard.

And yes, troggs are extremely weak and the fact that gnomes had to bomb themselves because of them is just a testament to how useless they are.

Another point to bring up is that technology means jack **** in a setting with magic and as far as we know, gnomes are on very bad terms with it. But then again, Warcraft technology is basically magic because it makes no sense anyway.

Lastly, there are very few gnomes, just like there are very few tauren, as is to be expected from any race surviving an extinction event.

12. Btw guys, every race has some kind of problem, like the elves vs undead, tauren vs centaur, nelves vs demons and corruption etc. It's all part of the plot so that the players have some grand task to contribute to.

13. You mention war machines and equipment as if it mattered so much in the World of Warcraft universe when it comes to battles.
    You forget that Taurens have the favor of an ancient force called The Earth Mother. I would sooner trust a druid or a shaman than a tank on the battlefield, don't know about you. And I would much sooner trust a bulking Tauren warrior in full plate armor wielding a runespear or a totem than a dwarf when it comes to both honor in battle and battle prowess.

14. Every tauren quest is like "here is a flower, plant it and watch how it grows".

Herbalists are ****ty warriors ya know.
    Taurens should swing with logs not axes and swords.

I would sooner trust a druid or a shaman than a tank on the battlefield
    You are the guy who does not read quests when leveling.
    Cause every second horde quest is about shaman who got in troubles/died due to experiments with spirits.
    Edited: February 19, 2017

123 ... Last