1. Icecrown Log In Queue Time

Hey everyone! So I just wanted to post this so that the staff and anyone else who might be interested in this info can see but it has taken me just over six and a half hours to log in to the Icecrown server. This is a little bit absurd as far as log in times go. I mean even on the biggest realm on retail the longest I've waited is 3 hours, which was then promptly followed by server changing haha! Unfortunately the Lordaeron is not like Icecrown so there isn't simply just another option out there other than playing on another private server altogether. I came back to Warmane after a year because I remember how great the servers were and the staff that works on them. So please if anyone from the staff comes across this post I would just like to know if there are plans at all to either lessen the amount of time that we are having to wait to log in or if there will be another Icecrown-like server that we can play on. I know that donating is an option to skip the queue but I do think it is a bit silly to make everyone who didn't donate have to wait 6-7 hours in a queue just to play on the server. Also let this be a warning to any new comers to Warmane that if you choose to play on the Icecrown server you will be in for quite the wait :P Thank you Warmane staff for all you do and hopefully I can get the info I'm looking for from you guys sometime soon :)

2. You cant speed up the q time, it depends on when a person leaves the server. 1 person 1 slot. Its not absurd, its what happens when u got so many players, and besides its alredy 3x the retail player cap i believe so...

3. I do understand how the system works Dadounev and I know that it can't be sped up necessarily by any means other than increasing the cap for the server. That's why I'm wondering if they will increase the cap further or are there plans to open another copy of Icecrown, so to speak, for people to play on as well. I personally will take the latter and level another toon gladly on a x7 server if it means not having to wait 7 hours to log in haha :P Also yes 7 hours to log in is absurd haha At least that's my opinion :)

4. bare in mind the reason the queue takes longer on icecrown than it would of on retail is that retail didn't have premium users that skipped the queue. on retail if you were #1 in queue you were next to get in. on icecrown you can be #1 on queue and still have to wait for over a 100 people to log out if a bunch of premium users log in.

that aside they can't increase the cap anytime soon, icecrown already has the highest ms of all the servers, and we don't need more lag. and at the same time another server wouldn't make a lot of sense since it would only have 3-4k people on it.

5. Hey 3-4k for a private server is pretty typical actually so I personally wouldn't have a problem a pop like that :P That's just me though. I mean there are a ton of vanilla servers and what not that have around 3-4k pop on them so I guess I look at it like that so for me it makes sense. Overall I'm just fishing to see if the staff might reply to this haha :D

6. Hey 3-4k for a private server is pretty typical actually so I personally wouldn't have a problem a pop like that :P That's just me though. I mean there are a ton of vanilla servers and what not that have around 3-4k pop on them so I guess I look at it like that so for me it makes sense. Overall I'm just fishing to see if the staff might reply to this haha :D
    your best bet at a staff reply would be to pm one. but you'll most likely get told they have no interest in another server at this time, but best of luck

7. still waiting on that 9k max pop.

8. I know the typical reply to this sort of thread is, "Just donate 10 euros you freeloader!". But I think it is somewhat concerning that the queue time is taking 6 hours for this individual, and possibly others. I would think new players who are trying out the server would just pick a new private server after waiting that long.

So in that regard, the queue time is a problem as it demotivates new players from wanting to play on warmane. Anyways, OP states that he's been around for much longer than that, so OP should ask himself if he would prioritize 6 hours of his time under that 10 euro donation fee. Yes, I assumed OPs gender, fight me.

9. I know the typical reply to this sort of thread is, "Just donate 10 euros you freeloader!". But I think it is somewhat concerning that the queue time is taking 6 hours for this individual, and possibly others. I would think new players who are trying out the server would just pick a new private server after waiting that long.

So in that regard, the queue time is a problem as it demotivates new players from wanting to play on warmane. Anyways, OP states that he's been around for much longer than that, so OP should ask himself if he would prioritize 6 hours of his time under that 10 euro donation fee. Yes, I assumed OPs gender, fight me.
    Well yes I am a he haha :P Also I played a year ago for a couple of months and came back to see how things are. I'm looking for a good wrath server to call home and so far I like this one besides the 7 hour queue that I ended up having earlier today. I too worry that this would ward off new people to trying out Warmane's servers, because honestly they do do a really good job with their scripting at least from what I have seen. Personally again I'd be happy with a 3-4k new server like Icecrown and it gives a whole group of new players a chance for a fresh start who missed out on either Lordaeron or Icecrown :)

10. personally i'd like to see them create a 2nd icecrown, drop the pop cap down to 9k, and offer free transfers to the new server for a limited time. would also be great if cross realm features were able to be set up, than we could have a potential 18k players online at once, and still have a crapton of people queueing for bg's rdf's etc from both realms.

but that's wishful thinking, since as far as i'm aware they're not longer working on cross realm, not to mention they'd have to find a work around for players having the same name on both realms. for the time being the best i can suggest is to make a 2nd account, and play on lord while you wait for icecrown queue to let you in. it's not ideal, but at least you'd get to play while waiting to play.
    Edited: February 20, 2017 Reason: fixed a typo

11. personally i'd like to see them create a 2nd icecrown, drop the pop cap down to 9k, and offer free transfers to the new server for a limited time. would also be great if cross realm features were able to be set up, than we could have a potential 18k players online at once, and still have a crapton of people queueing for bg's rdf's etc from both realms.
    Now THAT would be awesome! :D Thanks for posting the idea :)

12. Why would they create a second server after being asked to merge rag and deathwing for so many months? Literally just undoing what they already did and I doubt they have the time to script cross-realm functions as they are difficult to implement. Regardless you can't please everyone. The cap could be higher, but I'm assuming they can't do it because of the state of the anti-cheat program they have running and how it logs. Instead of crying about it, spend $10 or euros wherever you are from and skip it. Support the servers you play on since it isn't subscription based, you are never asked to pay for anything here so it honestly seems like a good deal to me. Either that, sit in que or find a WotLK server that isn't as populated or well scripted. Warmane isn't perfect, but it still is one of the best servers out there in terms of population to scripted content ratio. And stop making these threads there are already 5 of them being posted a day during peak hours.
    Edited: February 20, 2017

13. Why would they create a second server after being asked to merge rag and deathwing for so many months? Literally just undoing what they already did
    populations on rag and deathwing were low at the time of merge due to not having lord's new core. and there was no way for the staff to know how popular icecrown would become, had they know we'd get 12k online and a few thousand in the queue the merge may never have taken place. but as they say hindsight is 20/20.

14. 10 euro x 1500 people = new hardware, but I'm not sure even with the best hardware the server will be able to hold 14k pop, still you should donate 10 euro is nothing for a game, if you can afford a pc and a network connection surely you have 10 euro.

15. Lordaeron hype train died out to fast and Icecrown now got bigger queus because of all the new players who came to warmane just for lord, then moved to Icecrown.
    I hope with the ICC that's comming soon, that they will implent the RDF so that the realm gets the 50%? player increase that follows with it?

123 ... Last