1. Nobody is going to pay 10 euro (or anything) just for logging in to try the server. That's why you don't see new players and about half of the pop is AFK/botting/multi/etc. The other half are overgeared scrubs requiring absurd GSs because of how easy is to give some money instead of playing. In my opinion "forcing players to donate if they want to play" is not really a legit way to get donors, who should donate under their own will out of the quality of the server not to get rewarded.

And after th if you manage to log in to face those 150ish ms does not look worth at all.
    While I somewhat agree with your statement (about new players not willing to donate), you didn't really give a solution. One thing that I've (and probably many more) came up with is giving "queue skipping" to all new accounts for a limited period of time (lets say 2 days). In that time you can get to know server, so it's easier for you to decide whether it's worth donating or not.

2. 1) Don't try to log on at peak times.
    2) Play on Lordaeron instead.
    3) Accept that paying $10, ONCE, to play an MMO without any limit is far and above better than what most games in the entire industry offer.

Pick one. Problem solved.
    1. So I can play when everyone is sleeping
    2. Nothing to do with Icecrown issues, though the donation system there is way better
    3. It's not about the money, it's about the fact that it's a fee, not a donation. And as I said there are several other problems other than that related to this like the massive ping or the overgearing. It's obvious you have to cap a server, but make it for everyone.

If you are *****ing about 10 euro you will never ever donate even when able to play 24/7 without ques.
    Because you are simple freeload scrub.
    10€ it's nothing, but I would pay (even when we are talking about DONATING here) if the service was good and fullfilled my expectations. As I said is not about the money, is the fact that you HAVE to pay to play with 150 ms and other issues.

While I somewhat agree with your statement (about new players not willing to donate), you didn't really give a solution. One thing that I've (and probably many more) came up with is giving "queue skipping" to all new accounts for a limited period of time (lets say 2 days). In that time you can get to know server, so it's easier for you to decide whether it's worth donating or not.
    1. Make donations real donations, not only to avoid the pay word (not queue skipping)
    2. Do something to get Icecrown players to another realm to help lag
    3. Pay for a better server to improve ping

There are several improvements to make
    Edited: February 25, 2017 Reason: reasons

3. I just wish the three cards I've tried would work on their donation page. Game is worth more than that too.

4. It's really fun seeing people who know jack **** about servers talk about some insane numbers like 20 and 50k players and similar **** that appears in threads like these.

But, the idea about splitting makes some sense, but also doesnt. They merged 2 realms to get a lot of players online atm, cool, but we got 3+3=12, so now, somehow, it seems ok to split it to 2x 8k to have more slots but it for sure wouldnt work like that. Cause some will say boo hoo we got screwed instead of good old 12k we got 8k. And, anyway, theyd still be on the same server, separate, but still same server. When updating - double the work, if **** goes south - two ****s go south.
    12k is A DAMN LOT for a private and just be happy you got that. Either really pay to skip it or just deal with it, pushing it would be really risky.

For those still having trouble with 12k cap think of a server as an octopus with 12k hands, having each hand fly, talk to vendors, do /who, pop aoe spells attacking creatures controlled by octopusses hidden hands (NPCs), having NPCs in quests move, talk, run. And still having to get each players position at least, movement, pressed keys (actions, keys go to client), chat, decide if he can see a player flying over icecrown from borean or not.
    12K is more than it may seem srsly.

Side fun project: make the cap 20k for one day, let it crash 13 time in 10 minutes or have 350ms, just so people see the server wont handle it well.

5. I just wish the three cards I've tried would work on their donation page. Game is worth more than that too.
    Get a subway card, they are in 1/2 the world.....or make a friend with someone in one of the countries.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subway...estaurants.png

6. Get a subway card, they are in 1/2 the world.....or make a friend with someone in one of the countries.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subway...estaurants.png
    I got friends ingame who cant donate with credit cards and dont have psc. I bought them 3x PaySafeCards and they just transferred me from theyre creditcards. Super ez to find solutions.

7. Lordaeron hype train died out to fast and Icecrown now got bigger queus because of all the new players who came to warmane just for lord, then moved to Icecrown.
    I hope with the ICC that's comming soon, that they will implent the RDF so that the realm gets the 50%? player increase that follows with it?
    Lordaeron is a crazy good server but for me, I simply play on icecrown due to the availability of RDF.

I honestly can't see myself spending 10-15 mins looking for a dungeon group as a tank/healer.

Other than that, the realm is really really good.

As for queues, yeah as some others mentioned, throw in $10 and be happy with no queues.
    I've limited time as it is so no way I'm waiting in any login queues.

8. maybe icc for donors and no donors ? huehue

9. 1. So I can play when everyone is sleeping
    2. Nothing to do with Icecrown issues, though the donation system there is way better
    3. It's not about the money, it's about the fact that it's a fee, not a donation. And as I said there are several other problems other than that related to this like the massive ping or the overgearing. It's obvious you have to cap a server, but make it for everyone.
    1. "Everyone"? The realm still has 3-5k at low times. Even SLIGHTLY off-peak-time works fine. Don't over-exaggerate.
    2. Why doesn't it? Icecrown has to work the way you want it? Your opinion doesn't change that playing on Lordaeron instead is a solution. Also, what donation system? Lordaeron brings in almost zero income.
    3. Even if you look at it as a fee, why is that a problem? Since when is it OK to go and play a completely F2P game and DEMAND changes? Also, why would we make it for everyone? It has been a long-time perk for donors, and it is the single most popular reason for donations. You're asking us to purposefully lower our income and inconvenience a LOT of players because you think people who refuse to contribute deserve equality. I would have hoped that you could see how absurd that is. This is a business, not a charity, not a "world peace and equality" organization, or whatever you would rather have us be.

1. Make donations real donations, not only to avoid the pay word (not queue skipping)
    2. Do something to get Icecrown players to another realm to help lag
    3. Pay for a better server to improve ping

There are several improvements to make
    1. Addressed above in #3. Why would a business intentionally lower their income? That's absurdity.
    2. Causes more problems than it solves. We've done this before and experienced it first-hand. No thank you.
    3. Implying that there are better, affordable servers than what we have? Have you done any research on this matter AT ALL?

Nothing you've mentioned is a reasonable nor realistic improvement.

10. Why can't people understand that splitting the server or making the pop cap higher is bad. If you can't comprehend that just please stop.

As for donation.
    They need money. Simple.
    Queue times? Pay. Simple.
    Poor and can't afford 10$? Then thats your problem.

Edit: I'm also playing f2p and im logging in before peak hours hit and tries to deal with queue time and not posting it on forums. (Planning to donate next month or so)
    Edited: March 1, 2017

11. 1. "Everyone"? The realm still has 3-5k at low times. Even SLIGHTLY off-peak-time works fine. Don't over-exaggerate.
    2. Why doesn't it? Icecrown has to work the way you want it? Your opinion doesn't change that playing on Lordaeron instead is a solution. Also, what donation system? Lordaeron brings in almost zero income.
    3. Even if you look at it as a fee, why is that a problem? Since when is it OK to go and play a completely F2P game and DEMAND changes? Also, why would we make it for everyone? It has been a long-time perk for donors, and it is the single most popular reason for donations. You're asking us to purposefully lower our income and inconvenience a LOT of players because you think people who refuse to contribute deserve equality. I would have hoped that you could see how absurd that is. This is a business, not a charity, not a "world peace and equality" organization, or whatever you would rather have us be.

1. Addressed above in #3. Why would a business intentionally lower their income? That's absurdity.
    2. Causes more problems than it solves. We've done this before and experienced it first-hand. No thank you.
    3. Implying that there are better, affordable servers than what we have? Have you done any research on this matter AT ALL?

Nothing you've mentioned is a reasonable nor realistic improvement.
    So what I'm paying for then? A premium service? It's clear if you say it that way, and even you admit the overpopulation is just a way to earn more money. The main problem then is what you're asking for is illegal and as a game dev myself I find it pretty immoral.
    Blizzard isn't just a brand; has people behind who created this game and you're just stealing their work. And if you ever thought scripting a db and using an open source server emulator is somewhat close to developing a real game delusion is on you.
    Hint: you won't see ever "i programmed some **** in a wow pirate server" in a professional resume, go figure why.

About the free game thing maybe you could've argued that about ten years ago but nowadays there are a bunch of original F2P games (some of them even more popular than this game oh god) and several more with the P2W formula. And even then those games are original and legally developed by individuals, because as I said WORLD OF WARCRAFT WAS NOT DEVELOPED BY WARMANE STUDIOS(?) period; so you can't ask for money when work of others is involved.

That's why you can't ask directly for money but expect donors who appreciate your LEGAL IN THAT CASE work.

And of course there are better servers, but you would be making less $
    Edited: March 1, 2017

12. So what I'm paying for then? A premium service? It's clear if you say it that way, and even you admit the overpopulation is just a way to earn more money. The main problem then is what you're asking for is illegal and as a game dev myself I find it pretty immoral.
    Blizzard isn't just a brand; has people behind who created this game and you're just stealing their work. And if you ever thought scripting a db and using an open source server emulator is somewhat close to developing a real game delusion is on you.
    Hint: you won't see ever "i programmed some **** in a wow pirate server" in a professional resume, go figure why.

About the free game thing maybe you could've argued that about ten years ago but nowadays there are a bunch of original F2P games (some of them even more popular than this game oh god) and several more with the P2W formula. And even then those games are original and legally developed by individuals, because as I said WORLD OF WARCRAFT WAS NOT DEVELOPED BY WARMANE STUDIOS(?) period; so you can't ask for money when work of others is involved.

That's why you can't ask directly for money but expect donors who appreciate your LEGAL IN THAT CASE work.

And of course there are better servers, but you would be making less $
    This **** piss me off, Yes there is a lot of free games out there but warmane aka molten is the best, i found a lot of long term friends here and almost all the people who play are nice and cool, if your to poor to drop 10 USD on a server then thats on u not the server, its free to play but for them to host this many players at once they need to make donor ranks so donors can play easy bc they help the server, idc if it blizzard or warmane, the game is that same so stop this is insulting the game masters bc your not doing anything here but giving donors and game masters a good laugh. _baby

13. I've already taken the time to address you multiple times, but it seems you are set on your opinions. That's fine, but don't come on our forum to insult the server, the staff, and even the other members. I'd reply to you more in-depth, but it seems that DuduLow already appropriately replied.

14. After I donated, I've been more than happy with the over all service and considering I didn't donate right away, and seeing the difference is well worth donation. I'll continue to donate here and there too. NOT every month but this is worth it to me.

15. Hey 3-4k for a private server is pretty typical actually so I personally wouldn't have a problem a pop like that :P That's just me though. I mean there are a ton of vanilla servers and what not that have around 3-4k pop on them so I guess I look at it like that so for me it makes sense. Overall I'm just fishing to see if the staff might reply to this haha :D
    If you would not mind 3-4k population, why don't you play at Lordearon? I am sure Lordearon gets around that number when Icecrown is full.

First 1234 Last