1. Dogs save lifes, cats Cats have extinguished some races of tropical birds.
    Dogs > Cats.
    Very few special trained police/rescue dogs are saving lifes.
    Other domestic dogs are yelping dangerous garbages.
    And when unreliable dogs go full ****** mode, cats always come to rescue.

cats > dogs
    Edited: March 18, 2017

2. Very few special trained police/rescue dogs are saving lifes.

cats > dogs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URUtmV_0m6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGMXbXjeNZ8

and

http://www.dogguide.net/25-hero-dogs.php

Dog>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cats.

3. Sup with that ?
    Pansy men have to be shredded.

If cat's owner is stupid, he will be shredded.
    If dog's owner is stupid, dog becomes stupid as well.

Cats > dogs.
    Edited: March 18, 2017

4. Comparing the two in terms of which is better is impossible since different people have different tastes. However, I do like cats a lot more than I like dogs. Reason is I was spooked by a big dog (don't know what breed it was) when I was very young (less than a year old). I doubt the dog meant harm, but that notion that dogs can be potentially life threatening never leaves me and I am still kind of uncomfortable around them. Whereas with cats I've always had a fascination with them, can't really explain it.

5. Very few special trained police/rescue dogs are saving lifes.

cats > dogs
    Misrepresenting either of the species with videos of isolated incidents is..... EH.
    Comparing the two in terms of which is better is impossible since different people have different tastes. However, I do like cats a lot more than I like dogs. Reason is I was spooked by a big dog (don't know what breed it was) when I was very young (less than a year old). I doubt the dog meant harm, but that notion that dogs can be potentially life threatening never leaves me and I am still kind of uncomfortable around them. Whereas with cats I've always had a fascination with them, can't really explain it.
    I don't mind cats. I find them rather entertaining at points, like sticking tape to their feet. I've had some cats as pets here and there. I just don't have a favorable disposition towards them because I know enough about cats to know that most of the time they could not give two ****s about anyone but themselves.
    Dogs, on the other hand, I've lived with them as pets my entire life. I don't believe I've had any less than 3 at any given point, or more than 9. I've had some bad experiences with them at times, where I haven't had with cats. Like for example, having to split up dog fights - because my parents don't really understand how - by grabbing each dog by the jaws and holding them closed. Doing so has resulted in scars on my hands where I've had teeth sunk into my fingers. However, this was always when the dogs didn't get along. I've never had a dog (and I've probably had as many as 20 different dogs over the course of my life) that intentionally meant any harm to me, my brother or my parents. Very few of these dogs were ours at a very young age (puppy). Most of them came into our possession between 1 and 4 years of age. Most of them had multiple previous owners, and none of them have been the same breed. Every single dog has treated me as family, with respect, willing to protect me from harm. This is because I always do my best to treat them with kindness and respect, give them attention enough so that they don't get lonely, keep them well fed, etc. But it is also very important to not display any fear towards them, because they recognize it, and will often-times act on it. How they act on it depends on their disposition towards you. If they don't know you or don't like you, it is very likely they will attack you if they feel you are a threat (such as being in "their territory"). If they do know you and like you, then they will likely try to comfort you in one way or another. It is very important to remember that Dogs are pack animals, cats are not. This is the biggest difference between the two species I've come to recognize, and it is the reason for many of their very different behaviors, and is the reason why I would rather have a dog at my side than a cat.

6. Cats are better than dogs in every single aspect.
    Disagreeing just makes you wrong.

7. Cats are better than dogs in every single aspect.
    Disagreeing just makes you wrong.
    That explains why most people prefer dogs?

8. That explains why most people prefer dogs?
    That shows how most people are wrong, hence the world being such a joke.

9. http://www.thedogplace.org/Genetics/...Andrews-08.asp

Dogs have done a lot for humanity, cats nothing.
    Dog>>> cats
    No need to keep pushing the point that you're constantly wrong.
    Everyone already got the point.

10. Comparing the two in terms of which is better is impossible
    cats > dogs

woah I just compared them

11. No need to keep pushing the point that you're constantly wrong.
    Everyone already got the point.
    You haven't given reasons why I'm wrong.

12. Arguing whether dogs or cats are better is merely a game of perspectives, unless we're speaking scientifically, and even if we did so, there's not enough research data yet to completely prove that one is better than the other.
    I have a cat, my cousin has a dog and is allergic to cats, therefore he doesn't like them. But scientifically I'd have to agree that the crow that visits my balcony is a few billion neurons better than both dogs and cats.
    Disagreeing just makes you a religious sheep that denies the fact that science has proven that the earth isn't flat.
    And if someone was to ever bring the physical strength of either species as a determining factor, is just a low IQ'd football enthusiast who has completely failed his community college entrance exams.

Thus I myself have reached the conclusion based on my biased opinion that:
    Spoiler: Show
    cats > dogs

13. cats are useless

I have my dog trained so he can sit, wait, give a paw, or go to his sleeping place just when you tell him the word.
    good luck doing that with useless cats who jump over on keyboard while you are doing arenas.

Also once I got scratched by some sick cat which was infected by ebola and I had to fear for my life that's why I hate them.
    Edited: March 19, 2017

14. You haven't given reasons why I'm wrong.
    I have actually pointed out where you were wrong once, and I'll do it again.

That explains why most people prefer dogs?
    Is simply incorrect. Taking the US as source for some sample data, while *slightly* (but not many) more households have a dog as opposed to a cat, there are more cats overall in the states. This leads to the conclusion that cat owners own more cats on average than dog owners own dogs.

There are really not a whole lot of metrics worth comparing, and while I agree that this is all about personal preference and nothing else, I'll propose one elemental property: the ability to survive. And the clear winner of evolution between the two is the felid tree.

That being said, IMHO every attempt to argue which of the two is better based on data (whether made-up or backed by studies) is about as reasonable as comparing different car models by color; just the wrong way to tackle it.

First 123 Last