1. Enh Shaman Question

Hey guys,

Playing an enhancment shaman atm, still in the process of leveling, so far I enjoy my experience with my enh shammy, pve wise it works like a charm this far.
    In world pvp situations (mainly while questing, 1v1 fight) frost shock with the talent works great, mobility is here due to instant ghostwolf cast, dmg output is nice, windfurry, earthshock and stromstrike do their job, a decent healing capability etc.
    My question is, how are enh shamans doing 65 - 70+ while questing and in dungeons? I know enh is not the way to go for pvp, we're relatively squishy and melee fight in a crowd is a no no, but yet as an enhancment that's the way you're supposed to play. How does elemental compare to enh dmg wise both pve and pvp?
    Thinking about switching to ele for greater dmg output and ranged combat instead of having to charge in at the enemy at some point as an enhancment.

Any tips, explanations and advices much appreciated. :)
    Edited: February 26, 2017

2. in pvp enhancement is still rewarding to play if you're good.

3. Eles are liked more in PvE because of the buffs they bring. Ele is definitely superior in PvP as enhancement isn't tanky enough for the frontline. Enhancement is definitely superior for leveling.

4. Eles are liked more in PvE because of the buffs they bring. Ele is definitely superior in PvP as enhancement isn't tanky enough for the frontline. Enhancement is definitely superior for leveling.
    Well if you just walk into the frontlines like ur a warr/pala ya ur gonna have a bad time, in those kinds of fights focus on ur offensive utility and burst targets as they come to you, generally if i dont think i can survive going into a fight I focus on purging/interrupting as well as toggling my totems and throwing out shocks/peeling, you have to either know when you can commit to going in successfully or learn how to effectively skirt and weave around the edges of the plate tornado bcus ya, enh is one of the squishier melee's for sure (only one defensive cd, it is a good one but we are still the only melee class with just one), but that doesn't make it unviable. Rogues can't survive in that plate storm either, even dks prefer to hang back and grip people as they are the fragilest of the plate trinity, but they are still strong classes.

I like enh because of its utility and involved playstyle, and because pretty much everything crumbles against it in a 1v1. They are also the only true hybrid melee/caster in my eyes.
    Edited: April 7, 2017

5. Hey, first off lvling as either ele or enhan is fine. To answer your question about enhan lvling at 65+: they're fine during the last 15 lvls as well. Like some other guy mentioned enhan viable in PvP as well as in PvE, but you have way less viable comps as enhan compared to ele in arena.

As for their dps in PvE the specs are almost identical. Keep in mind that all you do as ele in PvE is spam lightning bolts and lava burst on cooldown while keeping flame shock on the target (only cast chain lightning when there's multiple targets or if the target will die before your next lightning bolt lands). It gets boring to play ele in PvE really fast due to how incredibly easy it is.

As for enhan it takes a while to master the spec. It's very hectic to play(with almost bis or bis gear) in PvE if you're trying to min max your dps since their rotation is based on RNG procs and there's a lot to keep track of compared to ele. My advice is still that you play enhan in PvE because it's harder, therefore more of a challenge, more rewarding to play and you won't get bored of it as quickly. It's also easier to gear the enhan spec up.

Anyways for PvP I'd go for ele because enhan is like I said viable, but harder to play and there's less arena comps to play that are viable whilst playing enhan. And to answer another question: eles damage is higher than the damage of enhan in PvP.

Since you seem new to shaman my best advice for you is to try both specs out and see which one that suits you the most for both PvP and PvE. People mentioned that enhan is squishy in PvP while compared to all the other melee classes... That is true to some extent, but a good enhan isn't just going to flop. You still have feral spirits which heals for a lot, you have amazing kiting ability with the earthbind talent Earthen Power and the frost shock talent you mentioned, Frozen Power and then combine either or both of the abilities with ghost wolf. You also have Spirit Walk which you can use twice while you have Feral Spirits active AND they can also stun your target with Bash(Bash is currently always on auto cast and you can't untoggle it, meaning if you summon your feral spirits they'll stun their first target).

Other than that you have shamanistic rage which reduces your dmg taken for 15 sec on a 1 min cd, you have grounding totem and you also have stoneclaw totem(with the obligatory PvP glyph Glyph of Stoneclaw Totem which gives you a 4.4k shield every time you drop stoneclaw). You have almost instant or instant heals/hex with your maelstrom weapon stacks and finally you have wind shear. So yeah, enhan does have quite a few survivability tools. I probably forgot to mention something.

I've mained sham for 8 years now and played every spec a lot so yeah like I said just try all specs out in both PvE and PvP. They're all viable everywhere. But keep in mind ele and enhan are among the worst dps specs in PvE. Good luck.