1. Leveling is oddly difficult

Hi Warmane,

I'm new here and I created a blood elf priest. Leveling was pretty cool so far, fast etc.

But right now I'm just level 15 and I realize that I'm oom too quickly (oom after killing just one mob) and my spells don't make enough damage...
    My spec is shadow but I'm still lvl 15 so it doesn't matter I guess...

And please don't tell me it's because I'm a newbie, I'm not x)

Thanks and sorry my english.

2. Of course yes. So my theory is maybe the problem comes from my class? x)
    Shadow spells make me oom in a second and my Smite doesn't make enough damage.

3. It is normal. Priest is one of the hardest classes to level until level 40-ish (Mind Flay).

Also, as a mana-consuming class, you will run oom almost every 2,3 mobs in Icecrown due to not having enough intellect (having all grey items) to make up the damage and mana-pool. Honestly, up to 20 is easy. The true pain haven't even started.

4. It is normal. Priest is one of the hardest classes to level until level 40-ish (Mind Flay).

Also, as a mana-consuming class, you will run oom almost every 2,3 mobs in Icecrown due to not having enough intellect (having all grey items) to make up the damage and mana-pool. Honestly, up to 20 is easy. The true pain haven't even started.
    After 40~ spriest becomes very enjoyable to level.

5. After 40~ spriest becomes very enjoyable to level.
    As stated above. The only problem with leveling as a shadowpriest is when Wpvp-ing because most of the time you meet from different faction are Twinks and 80s. You cant outrun them. Feelsbad

6. priests are the worst at leveling - no DMG, no mana, squishy AF
    get a wand and some green gear from the AH, it might help

7. Of course yes. So my theory is maybe the problem comes from my class? x)
    Shadow spells make me oom in a second and my Smite doesn't make enough damage.
    My first bit of advice, if you aren't doing it already, is lvl up your professions with you, it will negate some of the pain, and thats not at lvl 15, that comes at lvl 30ish when you've out lvled the gold from quests enough to buy all your spells, so there is none to get the gear you need to be effective at mobs your lvl.....and that will continue for awhile.

The priest is going to be a mana whore, no doubt about it, but take it from someone that has 23 of them, they WILL be worth it, and are extremely fun to play...

8. Hi Warmane,

I'm new here and I created a blood elf priest. Leveling was pretty cool so far, fast etc.

But right now I'm just level 15 and I realize that I'm oom too quickly (oom after killing just one mob) and my spells don't make enough damage...
    My spec is shadow but I'm still lvl 15 so it doesn't matter I guess...

And please don't tell me it's because I'm a newbie, I'm not x)

Thanks and sorry my english.
    You need a wand and to try get into a dungeon every now and then to catch up on gear. If on Lordaeron you shuold come across enough gear from questing.

But yes as someone said, up to about 40ish, priests suck to level. Wand is the no.1 recommendation though, 2 dots and wand them down.

After 40, mobs get easy but sadly players still annoy you quite a lot..

/Wingardium Leviosa

9. Also, don't be discouraged because you die a lot to mobs. It is very common in Icecrown as mobs of your same level is stronger than you. That should be of no surprise.

It really is very painful from 1-40 then 50-58. 1-40 because you simply don't have any spells and 50-58 because it is just really painful to find quests. The fastest place is Un'Goro but there are a lot of people as it is close to Tanaris. I recommend Felwood-Winterspring; it has beautiful scenery and 'okay' quests.

When you hit 58, you will hit 80 in almost no time.

10. and 50-58 because it is just really painful to find quests
    So painfull to find quests on high rate realm, yeah.

11. So painfull to find quests on high rate realm, yeah.
    "Lordaeron harder than Icecrown. Lordaeron more hardcore than Icecrown. Icecrown pop are all babies and crying for easy content. Lordaeron pop is much smarter and sophisticated."

go away please

12. Thanks guys for your answers. I'll try to follow your advices and not give up on my class even if it were considered to be honest.
    Also, I'm glad the problem doesn't come from me x)

13. "Lordaeron harder than Icecrown. Lordaeron more hardcore than Icecrown. Icecrown pop are all babies and crying for easy content. Lordaeron pop is much smarter and sophisticated."
    go away please
    Just 4 facts:
    1. I'am playing Icecrown 90% of my time.
    2. Due to local rates players are able to 51-60 without leaving one location, WPL for example - did that myself.
    3. Priest 1-40 is faceroll and easy if player is not dumb enough to discover wands with spirit tap.
    4. You are delusional.
    Edited: March 3, 2017

14. Lol those are quotes from actual lordaeron players

12 Last