1. Why has the lordaeron population dipped since its launch?

Hey kind folks of warmane. I'm going to keep this short because my question is pretty damn short. I started playing again back when Lordaeron launched, and the server was full all the time, huge queue times and all that. I didn't have time to play at the time though and I never came very far. Just came back now a while later, and Lordaeron has lost a significant portion of it's population ,and in fact Icecrown has surpassed it. Why is that? Because ICC is not out?

Also do you think the pop will increase when ICC is released?

2. Hey kind folks of warmane. I'm going to keep this short because my question is pretty damn short. I started playing again back when Lordaeron launched, and the server was full all the time, huge queue times and all that. I didn't have time to play at the time though and I never came very far. Just came back now a while later, and Lordaeron has lost a significant portion of it's population ,and in fact Icecrown has surpassed it. Why is that? Because ICC is not out?

Also do you think the pop will increase when ICC is released?
    Here are a few reasons I can think of right now:
    -Hype
    -Lordaeron had for a time better script then Icecrown (+ Icecrown was two servers that merged -> hype, because of the merge + Icecrown got the same core as Lordaeron).
    -A lot of people don't like to play on Lordaeron, because there are no RDF.
    -Some people don't like slow leveling, so after they are tierd either of just leveling their first, or their alt, they quit.
    -Some people don't like that the raids are buffed (or how much they are buffed - note: They have reduced the buffs).
    -I guess some people are waiting for ICC? - only time will show.
    (Not every reason fit everyone, and some people got most likely some other reason too).

Will the population increase when ICC releases? Who knows, no one can give a secure answer on that. I am pretty sure that there will be some hype, and the population will increase for a time, but will people stay - thats an other question. From earlier experience on "patch" releases, there has been a population increase for 1-3 months, then it drops again. But who knows now, when ICC is the most wanted one?

I guess there is no answer, only time will show.

3. Here are a few reasons I can think of right now:
    -Hype
    -Lordaeron had for a time better script then Icecrown (+ Icecrown was two servers that merged -> hype, because of the merge + Icecrown got the same core as Lordaeron).
    -Some people don't like slow leveling, so after they are tierd either of just leveling their first, or their alt, they quit.
    -Some people don't like that the raids are buffed (or how much they are buffed - note: They have reduced the buffs).
    -I guess some people are waiting for ICC? - only time will show.
    (Not every reason fit everyone, and some people got most likely some other reason too).

Will the population increase when ICC releases? Who knows, no one can give a secure answer on that. I am pretty sure that there will be some hype, and the population will increase for a time, but will people stay - thats an other question. From earlier experience on "patch" releases, there has been a population increase for 1-3 months, then it drops again. But who knows now, when ICC is the most wanted one?

I agree with everything said except
    Thats complete bull**** and anyone thats claiming he doesnt play lord because theres no RDF is lying not just others but to himself too.
    Edited: March 3, 2017

4. I agree with everything said except
    Thats complete bull**** and anyone thats claiming he doesnt play lord because theres no RDF is lying not just others but to himself too.
    How can you say that is complete bull****, when that is the most discussed topic on this realm? It is a legit reason and a big part for some people. I do actually know people, that are waiting to come back to the realm, because they don't want to play more without RDF.

Just because you don't agree with the reason, does it not mean it is bull****. For some it may be a very legit reason to not play. Remember that RDF is a big part of both leveling and the level 80 5-man instance part.

5. Another thing worth mentioning is that Icecrown's population during peak time is sitting at 12k in game and about 1500 in a queue.
    You can not expect both Icecrown and Lordaeron to have 12k + queues at the very same time, most of the Icecrown's population migrated from Lordaeron (or at least a majority), that's the way it is at this point. Icecrown is, let's put it that way, more chill. You level easily, professions are a joke, rdf enabled etc etc.
    Whereas Lordaeron is a realm that requires much more time and work put in, from leveling and gold farming to everything else (compared to Icecrown). In my eyes there is absolutely no doubt that ICC release will increase Lord's population, the question remains by how much and how long, and these are the questions no one can give an answer to.

I prefer Lordaeron and x1 rates over anything else. Tried to play on Icecrown, just did not like the pace and how easy everything is, a big plus was the player base, it really felt like a huge MMO experience. But then again, I'll chose Lordaeron over Icecrown anyday. It's personal preference.

I think Lord's population is going to come back strong, maybe not to a point where it used to be (12k + queue), but stronger than it is now. Even though right now, at peak time, there's like 6500 players which is pretty neat in my book.
    Edited: March 3, 2017

6. Will the population increase when ICC releases? Who knows, no one can give a secure answer on that. I am pretty sure that there will be some hype, and the population will increase for a time, but will people stay - thats an other question. From earlier experience on "patch" releases, there has been a population increase for 1-3 months, then it drops again. But who knows now, when ICC is the most wanted one?

And that's exactly why they left RS for later :D One last boost.

7. Personaly i left lorda for icecrown because of no rdf. Getting group for dungeon is near impossible to create for a casual like me, and i have druid tank/heal...
    It was easier when server was full of lowbies, now not so much.