1. Fresh 80s in PVP as a non donating person

Im gonna be really short here. How is a non donor player supposed to get pvp gear with all this donor (and nonDonors) 5500k+gs players in bgs? I rarely see any one below 5k in bg. Disscuss.
    Cheers guys :)

2. Keep moving his character to avoid afk, sit there and wait for the honor to pour in as the team carries them

3. yeah but thats a ****ty move towards my teammates, no?

4. Why would a fresh 80 be in battleground ?

5. I highly suggest doing FOS POS to get some gears before running around with quest green gears.

Depends on your class, but if you have less than 20k HP, it is hard for you to have any relevance in battleground in Icecrown because simply you get one-two shotted.

Make sure you do weekly VOA and WG quests.

6. I highly suggest doing FOS POS to get some gears before running around with quest green gears.

Depends on your class, but if you have less than 20k HP, it is hard for you to have any relevance in battleground in Icecrown because simply you get one-two shotted.

Make sure you do weekly VOA and WG quests.
    will do! tnx for the advice on VOA n WG, didnt know about them , tnx for repying

7. Yep, like Zelda mentioned, Wintergrasp weekly quests give you a pretty good chunk of honor points. You can also farm heroic dungeons and use the emblems and Stone Keeper Shards to buy PvP gear. (Furious Gladiator's main set items from emblems; honor points from Stone Keeper Shards via Wintergrasp quartermaster.)

8. FORGOT TO SAY REALLY IMPORTANT THING::::

When you don't have gears, it is REALLY REALLY REALLY challenging to do WG weeklies. DO NOT HESITATE TO WHISPER PEOPLE OF YOUR FACTION AROUND YOU TO GROUP UP TOGETHER!!!!! YOU WILL HAVE BETTER CHANCE WHEN YOU GET GANKED BY SHADOWMOURNE WARRIOR!

9. I rarely see any one below 5k in bg.
    What server do you live on cos on icecrown in 90% of bgs there are at least 3 people in a bg with less than 5k gs. Yesterday i lost 6 bgs in a row because more than half my team was made out of people with 4k gs or less.

"How is a non donor player supposed to get pvp gear" ... simple ... farm fos - pos - toc5 for a little and with the emblems, buy pvp gear. On top of the pve gear and trinkets you get from those dungeons, you also get pvp items. You reach 5k gs way faster this way than being carried as a gearless player in bgs. It took me a day to get 68k honor for my wrath belt on a char because the teams i got in were undergeared and would die in one hit.

10. What server do you live on cos on icecrown in 90% of bgs there are at least 3 people in a bg with less than 5k gs. Yesterday i lost 6 bgs in a row because more than half my team was made out of people with 4k gs or less.

"How is a non donor player supposed to get pvp gear" ... simple ... farm fos - pos - toc5 for a little and with the emblems, buy pvp gear. On top of the pve gear and trinkets you get from those dungeons, you also get pvp items. You reach 5k gs way faster this way than being carried as a gearless player in bgs. It took me a day to get 68k honor for my wrath belt on a char because the teams i got in were undergeared and would die in one hit.
    There even some instances that people goes in bg literally clueless on how the game works then proceeds to call everyone names and incomprehensible calls (from what i assume is called a language from another dimension) Which funny and sad at the same time. Still game is fun with people like those in bgs. Easy HKs

11. just pray that your team will carry and slowly grind.

12. Just man up and go grind EoT and EoF pvp gear before setting foot in a BG.

You at least have SOME resilience, and you can contribute to your team positively.

Unrelated note : Why don't people play the objective for each BG? If you want to just PvP, go do Arenas, and leave the BG's for people that want to actually play as a TEAM.

13. thanks again to everyone, this gives me some idea of what to do, WG quest- ill give them a shot, bgs are grindy but i will prevail :) cheers

14. Also, keep in mind that most bgs enabled on wotlk are simply low-ilvl friendly - even though cc can be resisted here in teamfights, you have demos, turrets, you can play as a ward or just to help cap bases with your presence; av has a lot of secondary objectives for any kind of players - from full pve to 0 gs; from rogues to warriors ( though not coded on warmanw yet :( ) - knowing the bg helps as well, as you can follow the map and ping your mates, or stuff like (my case ago!) watch the timer, see it is 20 min+, result in flags is 1x1, and the brilliant-minded horde does not have a single player in their flag room - invis (mage/potion), pick, wait a few sec and gg...

15. Aside from doing PVE fos and pos bull****, you can search for an arena partner and do your 10 games weelky. what does it do ? it gives you around 250 arena points each week so you can hopefully buy relentless gear instead of furious. aslo i'm not sure right now what kind of weapons you can get with "activity points" but that might get you a decent wep faster than grinding heroics... yeah and 1 last thing, join some random bgs whatever your gearscore is, but don't overdo it, just aim for your daily win IF possible, (usually 4-5 bgs a day)

12 Last