1. In-depth fire rotation

Hello,
    I have been reading mage guides here as I am a new player.
    The general PvE mage guide (http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=210328) was very helpful but the author kept mentioning that the rotations were "basics only " and not in-depth.

Since I couldn't find it elsewhere, i would like to ask if someone with better experience and knowledge than me can help me figure out what the best way to do damage is.

It may sound stupid, but some questions I have about fire mages are:
    1.What is the best opener? I do scorch > living bomb > mirror image + combustion.
    2.Is it better to use pyroblast as soon as it procs, or do another fireball and then fireball+ instant pyroblast?
    3. IF it sounds reasonable to you to share, is there some fight-specific method of doing the most damage I can, so I am more useful to the raid? For example, should I use living bomb on all Lich King ghouls for more AoE and pyroblasts? Is it better to just spam Scorch (faster and can proc pyroblast) for marrowgar spikes?

And lastly, I read on many posts here that FFB spec wasn't that good,but then one of the persons saying that, said that it was ridiculously viable to play ffb with full critical gemming. Is FFB spec worth it? I like it a bit more than just fire, but if it's not as good....

Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance.
    PS:I would also like to ask you to be patient with me, I'm just a newbie trying to learn.
    Edited: March 7, 2017 Reason: Mistakes - poor english

2. 1. LB>scorch>MI+comb>spam FFB or FB and use Pyro on proc
    2.as soon as it proc because sometimes you can lose 1 pyro proc while casting because of lb explosion
    3. ffb is good and it saves more mana then ttw, in ttw you have more crit % because of Focus Magic(2 or more mages with ttw spec can excage Focus Magic and have +6% crit) and never gem full crit gems, you lose to much of spell power. just to know 46 crit rating is 1% crit

p.s. if you have warlock in raid use scorch just on start because improved Shadow bolt give same buff

3. Thank you Whiteman.

There is still something I don't have an answer for. I like to watch videos and streams of good guilds here in Icecrown, and I see that the mages can sustain 18k+ in long fights. PP and LK in particular. Some of them are still at 20k dps when Harvest Soul happens. I can burst ok, but then my dps falls off. I don't generally aoe much, I just single target whatever needs to be killed. I usually do 13-16k stable after my burst.
    Is there something special to it that they're doing?
    The gear cant be it. Also, I know horde is supposed to be better than alliance (i am draenei) because of their racials, but the difference shouldnt be this much, right?

4. ffb: 11%hit > around 50% crit > 3300 spell power min
    ttw: 14% hit > as above rest

well in many fights in my guild at the end of fight mages have 14-16k dps, burst go from 20 - 24k. dps can change if disco gives PI on some mage

lk phase one: use all cd's single target > transitions lb on all ghouls that are above 50% hp and single target spirit's
    phase 2: use all cd's single target and lb on valk> second transition use cd's and single target spirit's
    phase 3: single target and position your self that you dont need to move much and just use all cd's and single target

try to learn how to move little but smart, less movements = more cast's = more dmg

use potions, flasks they bust your dmg to

5. On which servers you play ?
    I can form you to play FIre mage fully if you are really interested in.

Tiny.

PS : I will comment all things says about rotation on this post after my diner (if it have matter to comment, i haven't read yet)

NOTE : On these advice i only considere icc 25hc and RS 25hc runs. I think what you want it more then just the "basics tips"
    EDIT : First whiteman's post : 1. false this way to start your fight is not one of the best.
    There are the reasons why : a) Combustion more then increase your crit chance on fire spells also make your crit hit 50% harder, so you have to use him at the time you deal the maximum of damages (so yes under your images but also under you spell procs, an if it's possible when you have a maximum of them) so your combustion utilisation is almost totally indepedant then your images. b) as he said Warlocks will put the scroch debuff on boss so never use it (except if they don't refresh it under 35 boss life, but almost all of them do it). c) Don't use the LB as the first spell, prefer a Fireball, in order to precast it (t means start casting at dbm pull 3 in oder to have your spell in the air when the tank pull the boss. On bosses which start with an event you can LB first but by experience it will ****ed up you timers for puting the best Combustion because LB will explode too sooner and so you will not able to wait for both phylactery and CTS proc and also benefit from tailor enchant wild magic potion and icc ring at the same time, because when they will finnaly been all up your LB will be close to explode and you will not able to place enough FB under combution to consume all the buff before the LB explosion which will necessarly consume all the stacks remaining.
    This is my way to open : prepot wild magic and start precasting at DBM 3 > LB at pull (and Saper Charge on bosses where you can be at melee for the pull) > cast an FB > Use your images + your engineer gloves + your flame cap (+your beserk if your are troll) + Start to moove away from the boss (during the gcd time) in order to be as soon as possible at 35-41 range > Cast your 3rd FB > use your pyro proc (almost time you will have a HS ready at this time) + continue to moove away from the boss under the gcd (+ its depend if your SP procs are up, use (or not you combustion)) > FB ..... wait for the right time to use you combustion, you are yet between 6 and 7 seconds of your LB if you cannot combution after this FB wait the explosion, refresh your LB and combustion on the next pyro.

2. Try to maximise you 2T10 buff, in order to do that always cast an FB between 2 pyro is a good way. Basically if you have enough crit to refresh the 2T10 before he fade put 2 gcd in a line (like 2 pyro or 1 pyro one LB) doesn't matter the amount of dps is the same, but if you chain LB and pyro prefer LB first to increase your global LB uptime on the boss
    You can avoid the problem discribe by whiteman, this way :
    Play at 35+ meters from the boss (30+ meters is ok too but if you don't spam well you will miss using the tips i'll give you).
    When you are casting an FB and a LB explode and proc HS, at the and of the cast refresh the LB and spam the pyro, you will launch the pyro before the FB hit the boss and then even if she made HS proc you shouldn't loose any HS, then cast a 2d FB and use your HS (this way you will never loose any HS proc on single target if you maintain the distance between you and the boss in order to have a fly time longer then your GCD.

3. True, but at BIS gear Student of mind is not really usefull (you only have like 274 spirit points), so put 1 point in it give you 10,96 points of crit, the 2d one give you 8,22 crit points and the 3rd 8,22 same as the second, so to my mind put only one point in it and chose flame thrworing in the fire template you will gain more dps.
    I will precise all this things after diner.

On the 2 whiteman's post : hit caps are correct

A dps as good mage is more around 19-20k dps on each boss (a very good one will not ended a fight at less then 20k), this dps is harder to reach on PP LK and halion but still fesable (20k dps on halion is really hard to reach if you stay on only one target, in the same way on LK you can only take consideration of the dps before the FM phase and there a very good mage can be at 19k, i think the better ones can reache 20-21k dps, but after FMM phase if you have do your job and dps spirits with frie blast and ice javelin you will certainly get down to 14k-17k aat the and of the boss).
    Burst is between 26k and 36k-40k it depend on your luck the situation and the raid buff you get like PI etc.

How to manage LK Fight :
    Phase one do the open i give it to you, but spare your saper charge for the time ghouls appears in order to maximize it
    Stay alway away from your mates in order to do not have to moove in a inconvinient time for a trap,
    Use correctly your gcd to moove at the transition you will be at the transition.
    At transition be at 40-41 meter from the boss, dps him, when a enraged spirit spawn put and LB on him and continue your dps on LK, if the raid have issues to shut down enraged spirits before the next one spawn alternate between the lk and spirits.
    When the transition ended : do not forget that you have a huge amount of threat on the boss so warn your mains tanks before the the 2d phase or ask your paladins for HOS, it will be enough because approximatly 7 sec after the transition end (depending on your raid dps) you will have you images reading and under images the lk will not target you. when the ground break if you are at 40-41 meter during the transition you will not fall down so be sure to wait for GCD in order to moove in the center of the plateform and remains you have 10 second to be on the pack so use these 10 second to moove and your GCDs in order to always be casting.
    At Phase 2 : when valkyrs spawns : lb each one of them and use the 3 sec gived by you gcds to moove away from the pack in order to do not ****ed up a defile, after that, single target a valkyr and remeber you have one of the longest range of the raid so it's your job to shut down the valkyr which is not well packed !
    On phase 2 stay packed with your mates, this is the only time in icc whenyou will not applied the 35+ meters rule and loose some HS procs.
    Phase 3 : depending on the location of the LK but this to maintain the 35+ range from the boss (almost time be at the exact center is the best way to always have the range to reach LK, place the nicest defiles and respect the 35+ rule both in the same time.
    FM phase : use an auto target macro to dps vils spirits do you fireblast when he is ready rest of time use ice javelin, and remeber to use you pyro if your fireblasts made you proc HS.

I always single target on LK except in case i share to you as on enraged spirits and on the valkyr spawn, because to my mind dps ghouls more then with engenieers bombs/carges which are free gcd spell or whit lb explosions, or even put LB on an shambling or refresh and LB on a valkyr who will pass under 50% before explosion, is a way to gain dps on recount but you will loose dps usefull for the raid, clean ghouls is the UHdk War and Paly work, not yours they will do it perfectly and not by a loose of time for the raid dps.

General advices :
    Always maintain a 35+ range,
    Play away from your mates in order to reduce to 1/25 the probabilities to be reach by an area attack from the boss.
    Always be prepare to a fight means
    - have 2 speed/wild magic potions (one for prepot, one to use one your maximum SP procs + CD under 35% boss life) (have more potion for LK, your cd on potions will be reinitialize when you quit FM) except on very high haste situation, prefer speed potion than wold magic
    - Be full raid buff
    - have the Focus magic of a mage and put yours on him
    - have an SP flask
    - have enough Flame cap to use one each 3 minutes
    - Be engineer and have enough saper charge to use one each 5 minutes and enough Saronite bombs to use one each 1 minute (cd shared with the saper charge)
    - know if you will have the disc PI and ask him to PI you 5 sec after the start of the encounter and then asap when the cd is finish.
    - Try to be Tailor.
    - have an adapted UI which give you minimum clearly the information about all your SP procs, your latency on cast, and the most dangerous spells to be reactiv on as the lk plague, you have to be able to be focus on your dps and not on suchs think as curses or whatever a power aura can warn you about.

Last and most important advice : STAY FOCUS, never stop to respect all of these rules,
    the factor which did the difference between a good mage and a very good one (at equivalent knowladge of his class/spec) is the CONCENTRATION !

FFB Sucks .... TTW overpowered hit everytime, the only things usefull from FFB comparing to TTW it's that the main spell (FFB) slow the movement of the target is she's an add by 50% (but in raid 25 this is not really an amazing effect assuming lot of class can slow too) the second advantage from FFB is that fire damages or frost damages reduction don't apply (that's have not issues in icc or RS)

For Marrow Spikes, play with raiders who packs on the boss and let the mdps do the job, if an hunter is target use an HS on the spike if the raid dps is especially low cast an FB on it.

Please forgive my english, my mother tongue is french, so if you what to have more precisions on whatever you can join me by forum's PM or In game on Icecrown in the Horde, you can speak in english or in french.
    Edited: October 27, 2019

6. 3. True, but at BIS gear Student of mind is not really usefull (you only have like 274 spirit points), so put 1 point in it give you 10,96 points of crit, the 2d one give you 8,22 crit points and the 3rd 8,22 same as the second, so to my mind put only one point in it and chose flame thrworing in the fire template you will gain more dps.
    I will precise all this things after diner.

What are you referring to with that? Talents weren't mentioned before. Anyway, I had 3/3 in student of mind before, and flame throwing as well. I took the points out of Master of Elements (kept 1/3). I thought it wouldnt be such a mana gain, and the extra spirit would be nice as crit, but i didnt really do the math, so I will change things out :)

I'm a bit surprised by the 36-40k burst potential. I've never seen any mage do that, not even in the top guilds' streams. I've seen arcanes burst for 31-33k for a short while, and my personal best as fire was 33k, but that was with BQL bite so it doesn't count.

Is it possible my dps drops cause my ignite falls off? I'm doing things correctly (I think), but sometimes I just dont crit with anything, so it expires. It should be up all the fight so it stacks up high, right? I have 62% Crit in raids (basic buffs + Boomkin aura) without counting Focus magic, Imp.Scorch/Shadowbolt.

Thank you so much for such a long, detailed, and helpful response! I really appreciate the time you took to share that with me.

PS: I play on Icecrown as well, and it would be nice to meet some time. I'm definitely interested in doing better!

7. What are you referring to with that? Talents weren't mentioned before. Anyway, I had 3/3 in student of mind before, and flame throwing as well. I took the points out of Master of Elements (kept 1/3). I thought it wouldnt be such a mana gain, and the extra spirit would be nice as crit, but i didnt really do the math, so I will change things out :)
    I was speaking about the answer of whiteman about the point 2, initially i though that they are the points he highlight, i haven't seen that you ask 3 questions (1. 2. 3.)
    To my mind you should play 1/3 Student of mind + 3/3 master of elements.

The reason why : (All things i said isn't to be conceited, just to give you a concrete view of the mechanics, and I precise that i have check all the infos on records video except the mana regen during an encounter but my manaregen is at 192 per 5sec when i'm self buff, so with choosing the 200 per 5sec number i underestimate my real manaregen in an optimize raid + the fact of the 30% icc buff)

Context :
    I am at 2 items from the BIS Gear (I miss offhand and wand, i have the 264hc spirit wand) and i do LK 25hc every weeks, the guild where I evolve, is the number 4 on LK25hc on the icecrown server in term of speedkill.
    I play my fight with a really high lvl of activity, to give you an idea, on a bad run I go in the 1st FM at 17k5dps, on a normal one I'm at 18k5 when I enter in and on a good one I'm between 19k and 20k dps. I cast between 175 and 200 Fireballs; 100 and 120 LB and 70-90 Pyro in the encounter depending if i play good and/or if i'm grab by valkyrs.

Constatations :
    And with this "every weeks experience" in one of the fastest guild to down the boss, I finish every weeks my 2d transition at approximatly 5-10% mana after having used my 3 mana gems, and then when i'm in the FM i evocate myself (like between 40% and 60% of my mana depending the situtation (bombs and vils spirits)).

My point of view :
    So to my mind if i chose to loose the 2 points in master of elements as you did : I have approximatly 75% of avarage crit on my spells at the end of a fight 20% of 75% is 15% so I loose 15% of all the mana I get and have in the fight
    Manapool in a fight at BIS gear approximatly 36k mana in icc with the 30% icc buff
    + the fact in a optimize raid you will have a mana regeneration around 200 points of mana each 5 sec and it take approximatly 7:30 to my guild to enter in phase 3)
    So: I gain 15% x 36k + ((60/5)x7+(30/5))x200 = 5,4k + (12x7+6)x200 = 5,4k + 90x200 = 5 400 + 18 000 = 23 400 mana and this is an under estimation.
    So for me without these points I will have to evocate before the FM.

Remarks:

- As I said I still have 5-10% of mana when I enter the FM, optimisation say 5-10% is not 0% but it's my security net (idk if this expression can be translate from french to english in this ways ^^)
    - I play with only 4/5 in arcane concentration so I have 2% less chance to be on clearcasting so with 5/5 in there I will have 4 FB on 200 + 2 LB on 100 and 2 pyro on 100 free with is in my case 5352 mana points. But still I prefer earn 23 400 - 5352 = 18k mana then 17points of crit, and so do not have to evocate before FM.

I'm a bit surprised by the 36-40k burst potential. I've never seen any mage do that, not even in the top guilds' streams. I've seen arcanes burst for 31-33k for a short while, and my personal best as fire was 33k, but that was with BQL bite so it doesn't count.
    I have to admit I have extrapolate a bit to give your reals numbers : My minimum dps on LK open is 27k, my best one is around 37k with PI and a ****ing huge amount of luck on crits, but the 40k number don't come from nowhere i just heard that last wednesday a friend of mine reach 40k on DBS open with PI and 2 tricks, so basicly if i transfert the process at the LK open you can even reach 45k dps I think, but you will probabily be dead by a take back of aggro right after your images fall down =D

Is it possible my dps drops cause my ignite falls off? I'm doing things correctly (I think), but sometimes I just dont crit with anything, so it expires. It should be up all the fight so it stacks up high, right? I have 62% Crit in raids (basic buffs + Boomkin aura) without counting Focus magic, Imp.Scorch/Shadowbolt.
    The fact that "stacking ignite" is usefull is an urban legend hahaha, the fact ignite Stacks, that means he never reinitialize, but just add the ammount to a pool of damages, so you do the exact same damages if he stack or not. And at the end of the encounter if you are always be casting your dps is basically the amount of damage you did divided by the number of second was during the fight. So do not stack the ignite, only influence the "dps" of mages who have blanks in their rotation and if this is the case they have better to do then stacking the ignite, as respect the most of all basic rule of a caster : AlwaysBeCasting. (Moreover as you have maybe deduce, if you stack a huge ignite and you crit on you very last spell on the boss you will probabily loose a huge amount of damages ^^, you can see it espacially if your raid use BloodLust/Heroism to finish the BQL, you will refresh the ignite so fast then he will never tick (if you 100% dps on this phase) and so you will accumulate a huge Ignite, then you will loose all the damages you earn if the target before you do a complete ignite (2 tics, 4 sec) when I'm in this case on BQL and I see the boss at 2-3% life i completly stop casting in order to let my ignite fade ^^ (On BQL a ignite stack hardly can have tics which hit around 200k damages =D, i don't want to loose such amount of dps i earn for a 40k pyro of FB, even at the end that don't change anything in my life becaus 2seconds will pass and BQL will be dead no matter I hit her with 40k or 200k xD )

The real debat on ignite wasn't this one, he was concentrate around a mechanic known as "ignite muching" and which one was abosrb with the time by the advence in technologies which maded your connection always better and games servers better and better again.
    Mechanic of ignite muching, if 2 crit damages happen too close the one to the other, you will loose the amount of ignite due to the first one because the machine wasn't enough fast to process the information, that was making a problems when you had a crit on both your Pyro and FB or when the LB explode at the same time the FB or Pyro hit the boss. but as I said before yet this bug no more happen (our PC servers and connexion are yet enough good to deal with it).

Thank you so much for such a long, detailed, and helpful response! I really appreciate the time you took to share that with me.
    Ty it's kind =)

PS: I play on Icecrown as well, and it would be nice to meet some time. I'm definitely interested in doing better!
    Yes for sure, you can meet me in horde as Tinyball (or sometimes Tinytoy my ungear alt mage =) ). I don't play a lot these times but i'm a regular player so you can almost always find me logged Wednesdays from 6PM to 9-10PM and Sundays approximatly in the same hours.

Tiny.
    Edited: March 10, 2017

8. The only true way you can learn mage or any class is to just play it and eventually you will see whats best, thats how i learned to play mage(mages are easy). As for dps i pretty much always end up with about 10-13m dmg on lk25hc fight and about 19k dps on avarage, on dbs i can burst around 26k and maintain 20k dps after the burst and end up at around 19k dps(if good rng). Also i've seen mages spam living bombs on vile spirits...so dont be that mage please.

9. The only true way you can learn mage or any class is to just play it and eventually you will see whats best, thats how i learned to play mage(mages are easy). As for dps i pretty much always end up with about 10-13m dmg on lk25hc fight and about 19k dps on avarage, on dbs i can burst around 26k and maintain 20k dps after the burst and end up at around 19k dps(if good rng). Also i've seen mages spam living bombs on vile spirits...so dont be that mage please.
    True, having real experience on the class made your gameplay more personnal, fluent and confident. But to my mind avail from experience from other players, is a really good bypass, to go at top lvl, they did a part of the way before you and so they can teach you how to improve at their lvl.

About the numbers balabala gives, their are good, but remeber that your total damages and your dps at the end of a fight depend on the raid you have at your side, fastest will be the kill better will be your dps, and longest will be the kill highest will be the amount of damages you will put on the the boss (because your mates will let you made the maximum of damages in not doing a lot of it theirself).

@Balabala : just a precision when you say 10-13m dmg on lk 25hc, you speak about the total damages during the encounter isn't it ? Or on the boss himself ?
    Because for the encounter 10-13m it's ok (depending if the kill is fast or not) but on LK himself, i never pass through 8-9m personnally, and i dps lk during transitions phases.
    Idk what's your gear, but if you can maintain 19k dps on LK25hc [without LB ****ty targets as shamling, in the air valkyrs, or vils spirit (when i see a mage do that for boost his dps on recount i'm really close to vomit ^^)] it's really weird you cannot finish DBS at 20-22k dps, are you in raid where you have no competition on recount ?

Tiny.
    Edited: March 12, 2017 Reason: Orthography

10. @Balabala : just a precision when you say 10-13m dmg on lk 25hc, you speak about the total damages during the encounter isn't it ? Or on the boss himself ?
    Because for the encounter 10-13m it's ok (depending if the kill is fast or not) but on LK himself, i never pass through 8-9m personnally, and i dps lk during transitions phases.
    Idk what's your gear, but if you can maintain 19k dps on LK25hc [without LB ****ty targets as shamling, in the air valkyrs, or vils spirit (when i see a mage do that for boost his dps on recount i'm really close to vomit ^^)] it's really weird you cannot finish DBS at 20-22k dps, are you in raid where you have no competition on recount ?

Tiny.
    Well if its a fast kill i end up at 10m dmg overall(i dont really care about dmg on lk only coz i am always first there so..)and if its a slower kill i end up up to 13m dmg overall. And as i said
    Also i've seen mages spam living bombs on vile spirits...so dont be that mage please.
    so i am not that mage. As for dbs since i am poor af i dont use potions(i barely get flasks) i end up at 19k+ depending on the rng if rng god screws me over and i get no procs i end up at 19k, if i get godlike procs i will end up at 22k as u said, but also as a proof of how powerful ttw mages are on the tournament i bursted 32k dps i think(ended up at 26k) at dbs 1st ofc( tho i had like 100k dmg more than hunter), but i had bis gear,pots,flame caps etc. Anyways thats just my way of playing mage.
    Edited: November 8, 2017 Reason: clarification

11. 1.What is the best opener? I do scorch > living bomb > mirror image + combustion.
    If I don't pre-cast a Fireball/Pyroblast I like to pop Mirror Images on the GCD exactly before the pull. You shouldn't have to scorch because that debuff will be up rather quickly with a Warlock in the raid. Combustion is best used when you have some SP procs running and when LB is on the target, but not close enough to exploding such that it would consume a charge (the reason being that while LB ticks benefit from Combustion, they don't consume its charges, whereas the explosion consumes a charge for a really meager damage gain.

2.Is it better to use pyroblast as soon as it procs, or do another fireball and then fireball+ instant pyroblast?
    If your LB isn't about to tick, and you don't already have a previous Fireball on the way to its target, such that either of those spells could Crit and proc a fresh Hot Streak and thus wasting the old one, then yeah it can be a good idea to delay Hot Streak to cast a Fireball. The reason for this is that this way, you maximize the effective uptime of the 12% haste proc from your 2p t10.

3. IF it sounds reasonable to you to share, is there some fight-specific method of doing the most damage I can, so I am more useful to the raid? For example, should I use living bomb on all Lich King ghouls for more AoE and pyroblasts? Is it better to just spam Scorch (faster and can proc pyroblast) for marrowgar spikes?
    Please don't be that guy who LB's ghouls on LK in p1. Scorch on spikes can be a good idea because the spell has a really quick cast-time and no travel time either.

Most things vary depending on the fight. In general, always be casting as much as humanly possible, avoid putting yourself in positions that reduce your DPS, don't get killed by anything, use Blink/Ice Block strategically and try and get a feel of when best to use them in any given fight.

And lastly, I read on many posts here that FFB spec wasn't that good,but then one of the persons saying that, said that it was ridiculously viable to play ffb with full critical gemming. Is FFB spec worth it? I like it a bit more than just fire, but if it's not as good....
    FFB is mostly inferior to TTW. If you are FFB, crit-focused gemming is on par with the typical sp-focused gemming. But you mostly shouldn't be FFB.

12. Woah,
    This thread exceeded my expectations! This is all really helpful to me, and I would like to thank each and every one of you who decided to chime in and help!

I hope that it can also help other people, as it did me.
    Thank you again guys for the insight, it's really appreciated.

13. Im not good as Mage neither my Mage is bis geared its 6.3gs, but by simply following 2 rules im doing ok dps in raids.
    1. You want to have as much fireballs casts when you have 12% haste proc from your 2p t10, without losing Hot streak. You have to focus on your fireball crits, hot streak and haste proc time left.
    2. Make it like this to only move when you have to redo LB, when you are 1 crit away from hot streak, so you can use Fire blast to proc hot streak that way you can have at least 3 second of moving with minimum dps lose. Of course you can always use Blink, but this has to be your OMG way to move.

Nothing else can hurt your dps like if you overwrite your hot streak and don`t do any dps when you are moving.

Here is a random video on LOD finishing with 19k+ by just doing this 2 simple things.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaRKfMATGoE
    Edited: March 13, 2017

14. I kind of understand the ABC of Casters (Always Be Casting), however it's becoming more and more clear to me that I need more practice in managing my movement.
    From what you guys suggest, and what I personally do, I realize the main issue HAS to be me moving more than I should.

I haven't received double Tricks of the Trade (or had them ever given to me for that matter; Where I play, If I burst and don't use Invisibility, I steal aggro from the tank when my Mirror Image ends), but I've found that I can burst for up to 28k with Power Infusion and good RNG. I suppose I could do more with my gear (3.36k sp, 65% crit with all buffs,~76% mid-fight, 1k haste) if I got other buffs on me.

Regarding Ceo's video: This is funny, I actually watch your videos all the time, cause they kept appearing in my suggested list! When I first said I watched streams/videos, I was partly referring to yours! Good job on those by the way, they're neat and the music is great :)

I haven't had the liberty of being on a custom spot during the LK encounter. The way the caster group, the OT, and MT are positioned in the raids i'm in, it makes me forced to play at nearly max range, which personally feels hindering as it throws me off.
    That said, I've also noticed you use Living bomb on adds during fights, something that I think doesn't fit my playstyle, as I feel it just inflates my dps. While arguably the explosions COULD deal some damage to LK, I'm under the impression that single target dps yields better results.
    I don't really care that much about recount as I care about using my class to its' maximum potential. However, given the standing you guys have, I decided to ask whether it was actually a viable choice to put bombs on multiple targets (especially if they're clumped near your main one).

On a side note: My damage looks a lot more like Nijhx's in your video. I'm usually the first dps under the major cleavers (warriors, uhdks, paladins that use seal of command), with something around 16-17k dps.

PS: I notice you're tracking Ignite on your UI. What is the reasoning behind it? A few comments above, "stacking ignite" was debunked. Is there any benefit to knowing if it's up, or is it just to let you know that you landed a critical strike?

Thank you for your input!
    Edited: March 13, 2017

15. I kind of understand the ABC of Casters (Always Be Casting), however it's becoming more and more clear to me that I need more practice in managing my movement.
    From what you guys suggest, and what I personally do, I realize the main issue HAS to be me moving more than I should.

I haven't received double Tricks of the Trade (or had them ever given to me for that matter; Where I play, If I burst and don't use Invisibility, I steal aggro from the tank when my Mirror Image ends), but I've found that I can burst for up to 28k with Power Infusion and good RNG. I suppose I could do more with my gear (3.36k sp, 65% crit with all buffs,~76% mid-fight, 1k haste) if I got other buffs on me.

Regarding Ceo's video: This is funny, I actually watch your videos all the time, cause they kept appearing in my suggested list! When I first said I watched streams/videos, I was partly referring to yours! Good job on those by the way, they're neat and the music is great :)

I haven't had the liberty of being on a custom spot during the LK encounter. The way the caster group, the OT, and MT are positioned in the raids i'm in, it makes me forced to play at nearly max range, which personally feels hindering as it throws me off.
    That said, I've also noticed you use Living bomb on adds during fights, something that I think doesn't fit my playstyle, as I feel it just inflates my dps. While arguably the explosions COULD deal some damage to LK, I'm under the impression that single target dps yields better results.
    I don't really care that much about recount as I care about using my class to its' maximum potential. However, given the standing you guys have, I decided to ask whether it was actually a viable choice to put bombs on multiple targets (especially if they're clumped near your main one).

On a side note: My damage looks a lot more like Nijhx's in your video. I'm usually the first dps under the major cleavers (warriors, uhdks, paladins that use seal of command), with something around 16-17k dps.

PS: I notice you're tracking Ignite on your UI. What is the reasoning behind it? A few comments above, "stacking ignite" was debunked. Is there any benefit to knowing if it's up, or is it just to let you know that you landed a critical strike?

Thank you for your input!
    Tys mate ;]/

I`m looking your stats and they are better than mine. So you notice that moving is the problem, that drops your dps. I guess then you saw on my videos that when i`m moving i always proc hot streak, before i start to move, and one more on the moving with FB and LB.Im single dps LK on the 1st phase never put LB on any ghouls or shamblings. But when we have Valkyrs its crucial to put LB on all 3 of them when you are moving away from defile, after that just target one and dps as normal. That helps the raid to drop them faster 50% and to build Ignite when they are stacked because you will have chance to crit with 3 LB in a row and they will build ignite on the targets you are not dpsing. Plus a chance to have 3 hot streaks in a row also.

About ignite when i was low geared mage like 6 - 6.1gs i was playing 100% crit one, and i want it to find what is the optimal range for not losing it and building it, because my casting time was 2.1-2.2 sec on fireball with tier bonus;]/ Now is to track did i land fireball crit so i can manage my movement better.

Practice your way of moving, about aggro i don`t know what to say, if you have 2+ hunters in your raid and rogue that are doing md and tot at start you should be fine.
    Edited: March 14, 2017

12 Last