1. H5BDYBZ

This video can maybe help you if you analize it well
    (If you activate english subtitle i have explain all keys moments, even if my english is still poor)

I have not did a lot of mistakes in this encounter, i was less gear then i'm yet, i was missing approximatly 6-7 items from BIS, and wasn't buff by the Focus magic of a second mage, but in the execution i was really close from a perfect fight -with my own playstyle, mean do not made additionnal damages on shambling etc, and kept hitting LK during transition, that decrease my dps because my target wasn't debuff as usual-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRViHaNtwKk

All even small mistakes are explain in subtitles.

Analyze the fight, movements etc, I hope it'll help you.

Tiny.

EDIT: about aggro, it's not on you, it's the job to tanks and ppl who can MD/tricks the target.
    Do not hesitate to give me your personnal feedback about the video (i mean the gameplay, idc about the music xD)

EDIT2 : after a quick rewatching on this video i figure it out their was a lot of mistakes btw xD, I have not enought memory in my HDD yet for recording a more proper one i'll do it as soon as possible.
    Edited: March 13, 2017 Reason: EDIT2

2. Don't have much to add from what i've read, just wasted to throw some more "realistic" numbers for people who aren't bis or playing in top guilds.

I'm currently 6.1k gs my guild is right now around 30-40 in the ranking, we only invite our countrymen so as you can imagine we're very limited on the people we can invite and our setup for 25 man changes around 4-5 members every week, we usually only have 1 lock in the group and he only plays affliction so 80% of the time i have no sweet demonic pact.

my raid buffed crit is 68% (trading fm) which with scorch+talents equals 76% crit chance on fireball.

My dps on most bosses (no prof-sindra-lk) is around 16k even with no dp(15k if i get **** crit luck), with a perfect setup i can reach 17-18k on stand still/ min movement fight, my guild's raid dps is around 215-230k so as you can see we're not exactly cleaning heroic bosses in 1minute.

I think every post said this but i will say it again, the biggest dps increase is casting the most fireballs posssible and moving the least you can(not ignoring boss tactics ofc) there are other mages in my guild with similar or even higher gear than mine but i beat them simply because i average 10 more fireballs during a fight, on fight like professor or lk its usually more.

Also me being a human mage i can trinket vile gas from festergut, i can trinket the fear from bql, make sure you have a /cancelaura iceblock macro which you can use to instanly get rid of the maleable goo if you get hit for some reason, all of these can improve your dps

First 12