1. Deadzoning | PvP

Definition: Deadzone is when you position yourself from your enemy so that the enemy can't shoot nor land melee hits.

Deadzone is a crucial factor for any class vs mainly warriors.

Is it just me or is deadzoning broken on warmane compared to retail? It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. For an example; if I deadzone a Warrior, keeping the same distance or even closing in on him, the Warrior runs away to do a charge/intercept and succeeds after running for a short while to get away, when in reality the gap between me and the Warrior is getting shorter and shorter. Is it only me experiencing this?

Regards,
    Drone

2. Might be because of server delay.
    It also happens that I use spell reflect in the last milliseconds before sheep and im still sheeped with the spell reflect buff on me.

I guess it also depends on ur realm. Icecrown has more delay than Blackrock for example.

3. Can confrim this from warrs pov. For some reason deadzoning in ICC seems very painful, as i always seem to be able to charge or attack with ease even though visually i can see that i should be deadzoned.

Im playing with very low ms btw.

4. Thanks for the replies. Not sure if the spell reflect delay is blizzlike or not. As I recall it existed on retail wotlk aswell - I might be wrong though. I know there's a lot more spells than spell reflect that has delay. An example is druids getting banished in humanoid form.

Anyone else having the same problem? Not sure if warmane is aware of this issue, or if it's just us.

Also, I have around 40-100 ms latency aswell when I play

5. Thanks for the replies. Not sure if the spell reflect delay is blizzlike or not. As I recall it existed on retail wotlk aswell - I might be wrong though. I know there's a lot more spells than spell reflect that has delay. An example is druids getting banished in humanoid form.

Anyone else having the same problem? Not sure if warmane is aware of this issue, or if it's just us.

Also, I have around 40-100 ms latency aswell when I play
    Spell reflect is just a example.
    It can also happen that when two druides cast cyclone at the same time on each other that both are cycloned.
    Or a opponents cast a CC spell on a paly who uses stun hammer in the last milliseconds and then the opponent is stuned while the paly is CCed.

6. Exactly this. I remember it being like this in WOTLK. Kiting warriors using the deadzone. It ended up making warriors use super high resilience gear and stamina gear to regenerate all the dmg you did. LOL

7. Spell reflect is just a example.
    It can also happen that when two druides cast cyclone at the same time on each other that both are cycloned.
    Or a opponents cast a CC spell on a paly who uses stun hammer in the last milliseconds and then the opponent is stuned while the paly is CCed.
    Yeah exactly. There's a lot of non-blizzlike things going on. I wonder if it's worth creating a ticket for this or if it has already been notified. I'm pretty sure warmane don't have the capacity of fixing things like this. The server fixes a bug and another one appears all the time. I mean, nowadays a spell can just break and you have to relog to fix it. It's fun to play mage and have blink/counterspell/iceblock broken ":)". Not much you can do really. Pretty game breaking if you're playing at high mmr, losing to low mmr folks due to a spell breaking.

8. This is the definition of WOTLK deadzone. Thanks for posting! Golden clip btw.

9. Yeah exactly. There's a lot of non-blizzlike things going on. I wonder if it's worth creating a ticket for this or if it has already been notified. I'm pretty sure warmane don't have the capacity of fixing things like this. The server fixes a bug and another one appears all the time. I mean, nowadays a spell can just break and you have to relog to fix it. It's fun to play mage and have blink/counterspell/iceblock broken ":)". Not much you can do really. Pretty game breaking if you're playing at high mmr, losing to low mmr folks due to a spell breaking.
    Well, u could make a warrior on blackrock and check if they behave to deadzoning the same way like on Icecrown.
    Then u know if its due to server lag or not.

10. Well, u could make a warrior on blackrock and check if they behave to deadzoning the same way like on Icecrown.
    Then u know if its due to server lag or not.
    I suppose. This only works if we know for certain that deadzoning on blackrock works exactly like wotlk retail though. I don't want to become to abstract and speculate about the issue but, I personally think it has more to do with the source code than the latency of servers in all honesty. I played with much worse latency back in 2009 (retail wotlk) and had no problems deadzoning.