1. Loarderon/Blades edge is an advantage. RoV is complete braindead idiocy.
    How is it complete braindead idiocy? How can you say that?
    A priest dotting someone and hugging a pillar, using literally one spell is a well though out idea, but when two players face each other with no obstacles, having to use at least 90% of their spellbook, that is pure idiocy?

2. How is it complete braindead idiocy? How can you say that?
    A priest dotting someone and hugging a pillar, using literally one spell is a well though out idea, but when two players face each other with no obstacles, having to use at least 90% of their spellbook, that is pure idiocy?
    The thing is usually one of those two fighting in RoV WOUDLN'T need to use 90% of their abilities beause they can sit on a target 24/7. Removing RoV was by far the best move Blizzard made since WotLK. As for achievement, they could just make it obtainable with victories in arenas we already have.

3. How is it complete braindead idiocy? How can you say that?
    Warriors use: Charge, hamstring, MS, bladestrom in RoV. So many spells....(add 4 button rotation for every other melee class). And since when can priests kill anyone with spamming one button? DP spam can only kill if someone is at 10% and is LoS-ing his healer...

Lordaeron arena is completely usable by casters that require line of sight. There are 4 pillars.
    You really call those things pillars? Yeah sure... Whatever makes you happy m8...
    Loarderon is usable for casters, but it favors melee comps.
    Blades edge is usable for melee but it favors Kaboom comps.
    Nagrand is mage/priest version of heaven, bur anyone can thrive there.
    Dalaran... Edge light with a mix of Nagrand?.... I guess?
    RoV is made for *****s.

RoV is in fact the least braindead, because the environment changes!

It has conditional LOS. This creates difficulty some players who have trouble humping more than a single pillar for the entire match, as they are forced to move between the pillars, or optionally get on top of them to create the Blade's Edge height advantage.
    Yep. Let's put all of our faith in the RNG of the environment and procs. Screw tactics that require you to think couple of steps ahead.
    2 things...Distance between the pillars is ridiculous and you really can't call those two... "things"... at the start pillars. If a warrior does a bladestorm, that tiny thing is not protecting anyone.

Well this is your opinion. RoV being enabled is Blizzlike, which Warmane is supposed to be trying to be. But by intentionally disabling this arena, it is not Blizzlike at all. .
    Every ***** having SM and heroic trinkets is so Blizzlike.... Drop that reason already, it's not applicable here.

Incorrect, you can get on top of the pillars to create a height advantage, it just requires timing.
    You can but unless you are a warlock it requires a lot of timing and cooldowns. And then when you get up there you are still on an open lane for a Warrior/dk/huner to massacre you. So.... I'm correct :)

Of course it can. It's the basis of WoTLK PvP mate.
    Not in this case. RoV favors braindead melee comps way too much. Blades edge doesn't favor casters that much.

That is clearly evident. I just wished there was one staff member who was slightly interested in PvP..
    Ye sure... Keep on dreaming.

4. You really call those things pillars? Yeah sure... Whatever makes you happy m8...
    Of course.. it's completely usable LoS.. mate. I know you would prefer it much thicker ;) but it gets the job done.

Yep. Let's put all of our faith in the RNG of the environment and procs. Screw tactics that require you to think couple of steps ahead.
    You're just showcasing your lack of background on this subject. RoV pillar timings are not RNG, there is a clear pattern than addons can track. You have to specifically think ahead to anticipate these changes.

Every ***** having SM and heroic trinkets is so Blizzlike.... Drop that reason already, it's not applicable here.
    I sort of get your point, this server isn't Blizzlike at all. With all the multiboxers dominating world PvP and every other melee class has a Smourne. But despite that, Warmane does strive to be a "Blizzlike as possible" experience. So honestly, it is totally applicable here. Warmane uses the Blizzlike line all the time to dismiss really good suggestions that would improve the server.

You can but unless you are a warlock it requires a lot of timing and cooldowns. And then when you get up there you are still on an open lane for a Warrior/dk/huner to massacre you. So.... I'm correct :)
    Well.. not really. You can move to the other side on top of the pillar to break their LoS and they will have to move around it to cast on you. Warrior can't charge there while there is not a path available.

I don't get why you are so opposed to this. Arena here is boring we need something fresh.

5. Of course.. it's completely usable LoS.. mate. I know you would prefer it much thicker ;) but it gets the job done.
    Not with warmanes broken LoS. You can get stormed diagonally in Dalaran arena. What makes you think this would work any better?

You're just showcasing your lack of background on this subject. RoV pillar timings are not RNG, there is a clear pattern than addons can track. You have to specifically think ahead to anticipate these changes.
    I know its timed but I really don't need another ****ing addon to compensate for Blizzards brain farts.(yes, its a lousy reason, but I'm getting slowly fed up with blizz+warmane BS I find every single day in wow)

I sort of get your point, this server isn't Blizzlike at all. With all the multiboxers dominating world PvP and every other melee class has a Smourne. But despite that, Warmane does strive to be a "Blizzlike as possible" experience. So honestly, it is totally applicable here. Warmane uses the Blizzlike line all the time to dismiss really good suggestions that would improve the server.
    They can strive all they want, they are not gonna make it same as retail. Since they are not gonna make it the same they might as well do some stuff that will improve quality of life. Not putting RoV is one of those.

Well.. not really. You can move to the other side on top of the pillar to break their LoS and they will have to move around it to cast on you. Warrior can't charge there while there is not a path available.
    Again works only for warlocks. Use your brain, swap sides and get up there. Whoever tries to climb up on the same side that lock is on has 0 sympathy from me.

I don't get why you are so opposed to this. Arena here is boring we need something fresh.
    Because the map is simply BAD. Give me cata version of it and will accept it(barely but I will). In cata version warriors have to actually ride to you which gives you some maneuver space, and a way to not get roflstomped in the first 10 seconds.
    Edited: April 24, 2017

6. Not with warmanes broken LoS. You can get stormed diagonally in Dalaran arena. What makes you think this would work nay better?
    Because it literally does work.. reliably and consistently.

I know its timed but I really don't need another ****ing addon to compensate for Blizzards brain farts.(yes, its a lousy reason, but I'm getting slowly fed up with blizz+warmane BS I find every single day in wow)
    Oh did you really? Yes that is a lousy reason. This is basically you just refusing to learn/adapt.

Again works only for warlocks. Use your brain, swap sides and get up there. Whoever tries to climb up on the same side that lock is on has 0 sympathy from me.
    No, breaking LoS works for any class not just warlocks lol. Practically any ranged caster can use the pillar, just not to the same degree Warlocks can.

7. Because it literally does work.. reliably and consistently.
    Dalaran arena boxes do not work consistently. You can get bladestormed through them. Those small pillars in RoV might've worked on retail but here i have very big reservations abut them working properly.

Oh did you really? Yes that is a lousy reason. This is basically you just refusing to learn/adapt.
    I am. I'm refusing to adapt to some ***** dev's laziness. Players shouldn't adapt just because devs are lazy ****s.
    Lemme give you a small fact. Games are meant to be fun. There is fun in mastering something hard, but this is not hard. This was simply lazy work.

No, breaking LoS works for any class not just warlocks lol. Practically any ranged caster can use the pillar, just not to the same degree Warlocks can.
    Ffs m8 read wtf I'm writing....
    How can you suddenly go up the ****ing pillar from the bottom unless you port as a lock? Since when do mages, shamans, bommkins and priest have vertical teleporting abilities? If you fight up on the bridge and the pillars there is not celar advantage for casters unless you are a class with a knockback spell or in warmanes case class with fear(if you haven't noticed when you are feared fear will always turn you to the ledge for you to fall).

8. Dalaran arena boxes do not work consistently. You can get bladestormed through them. Those small pillars in RoV might've worked on retail but here i have very big reservations abut them working properly.
    Yes but remember we are talking about Ruins of Lordaeron arena here. You're the one who brought up Dalaran arena as some kind of strawman. You can get bladestormed through tonnes of LoS in the game, thats a spell specific issue.

I am. I'm refusing to adapt to some ***** dev's laziness. Players shouldn't adapt just because devs are lazy ****s. Lemme give you a small fact. Games are meant to be fun. There is fun in mastering something hard, but this is not hard. This was simply lazy work.
    Yes but you must admit this is just your own biased opinion. If I had my way many things would be changed for the sake of balance but then it would not be blizzlike. What you interpret as fun is entirely subjective. What classes do you play out of curiosity?

Ffs m8 read wtf I'm writing....
    How can you suddenly go up the ****ing pillar from the bottom unless you port as a lock? Since when do mages, shamans, bommkins and priest have vertical teleporting abilities?
    Who said anything about teleporting? I said any class can USE the pillar (stand on top when it descends!?) You honestly don't seem to know much about this arena. I don't believe that you knew the pillar movements were timed until I told you.

If you fight up on the bridge and the pillars there is not celar advantage for casters unless you are a class with a knockback spell or in warmanes case class with fear(if you haven't noticed when you are feared fear will always turn you to the ledge for you to fall).
    Well this is just false. You need to explore PvP possibilities more. If you are a caster and have a height advantage and the ability to break LoS with higher terrain.. that is a huge advantage. Sure having a knockback or teleport exacerbates this but it is not mandatory to take advantage of the terrain.

9. Yes but remember we are talking about Ruins of Lordaeron arena here. You're the one who brought up Dalaran arena as some kind of strawman. You can get bladestormed through tonnes of LoS in the game, thats a spell specific issue.
    We are but not in that section. The fact that you can get stormed through LoS shows something is seriously wrong with the core and/or servers. Repairing that is more important than RoV.

Yes but you must admit this is just your own biased opinion. If I had my way many things would be changed for the sake of balance but then it would not be blizzlike. What you interpret as fun is entirely subjective. What classes do you play out of curiosity?
    It is, and I have good reasons why RoV shouldn't be here. Stop using blizzlike as an argument longs you have store. With store you can't have Blizzards balance, so its pointless to use that as a reason. You only sound like a broken record.
    Atm DK, spriest and mage, but I'm 90% of the time on my DK as far as pvp goes. Ironically RoV would be ideal map for me as a DK, because i could connect on someone right from the start and then its over in 90% of the cases if the team is double dps. But it would kill a lot of fun.

Who said anything about teleporting? I said any class can USE the pillar (stand on top when it descends!?) You honestly don't seem to know much about this arena. I don't believe that you knew the pillar movements were timed until I told you.
    We ar talking about Blades edge pillars here. RoV pillars discussion is in the 1st paragraph... Follow your won wall of text m8...

Well this is just false. You need to explore PvP possibilities more. If you are a caster and have a height advantage and the ability to break LoS with higher terrain.. that is a huge advantage. Sure having a knockback or teleport exacerbates this but it is not mandatory to take advantage of the terrain.
    It sorta isn't. Unless the melee team starts the fight below the bridge the combat will always be on the bridge itself. If we are fighting below the bridge then its just mini Nagrand and map suddenly becomes balanced.

10. We are but not in that section. The fact that you can get stormed through LoS shows something is seriously wrong with the core and/or servers. Repairing that is more important than RoV.
    No it isn't. Again like a broken record your biased opinion keeps coming to the fore. Warrior bladestorm bug is minor and easily survivable anyway. But I can see you must get wrecked by it regularly for it to be important enough to leave an entire arena disabled!

It is, and I have good reasons why RoV shouldn't be here. Stop using blizzlike as an argument longs you have store. With store you can't have Blizzards balance, so its pointless to use that as a reason. You only sound like a broken record.
    Sorry to say it mate but people care more about having a Blizzlike experience than your 'good reasons'. Especially the opinion of some DK who complains about Bladestorm..

We ar talking about Blades edge pillars here. RoV pillars discussion is in the 1st paragraph... Follow your won wall of text m8...
    You get confused easily. When I say stand on top of a rising pillar.. did you really think I meant Blade's Edge?

It sorta isn't. Unless the melee team starts the fight below the bridge the combat will always be on the bridge itself.
    Well that's just wrong. The melee team can't dictate where their opponent will move. There is nothing stopping a caster team simply walking to the upper level during the fight if they need to.

11. do you guys even remember what you've been talking about? :D

12. No it isn't. Again like a broken record your biased opinion keeps coming to the fore. Warrior bladestorm bug is minor and easily survivable anyway. But I can see you must get wrecked by it regularly for it to be important enough to leave an entire arena disabled!
    If the SM wasn't a regular thing then you would have a point. Regular 5k crits from a single turn are sorta hard to survive unless you are running a comp that has disarm on demand.
    Yes, that is the only reason... Just the pillars. Not the lazy design and 0 balance in the map. Just the bladestorm and the pillars...

Sorry to say it mate but people care more about having a Blizzlike experience than your 'good reasons'. Especially the opinion of some DK who complains about Bladestorm..
    And again... Blizzlike is not a valid reason when you have a store.
    My disco priest has a trouble surviving since he is in a beef with RNG gods when it comes to dispelling freedom and such stuff :D
    And don't be an a-hole and make me regret for giving you info on what I play. It has 0 meaning in this argument.

You get confused easily. When I say stand on top of a rising pillar.. did you really think I meant Blade's Edge?
    I dunno. We talked about maps where casters have advantage (Blades edge) and suddenly you drifted to RoV.

Well that's just wrong. The melee team can't dictate where their opponent will move. There is nothing stopping a caster team simply walking to the upper level during the fight if they need to.
    Oooook... How do you plan to stop grip/charge/add random gap closer? If you as a caster have a melee on your back, you sure as hell won't just walk up the ramp while they guy is butchering your arse.
    So no. It's not easy to just go back up there unless you are a lock with a teleport.

13. May 1, 2017  
    If the SM wasn't a regular thing
    and why the f u forgot to mention double trinkets for casters again? or is it fair for u? to getting globaled by full bis destro lock or arcane mage?

u have a very wierd feel of "fairplay", i guess

14. May 1, 2017  
    If the SM wasn't a regular thing then you would have a point. Regular 5k crits from a single turn are sorta hard to survive unless you are running a comp that has disarm on demand.
    Yes, that is the only reason... Just the pillars. Not the lazy design and 0 balance in the map. Just the bladestorm and the pillars...
    Well sadly SM is a regular thing (almost mandatory for warrior here). The same goes for the store. There are lots of things on this server that are not Blizzlike at all (I was recently just giving a warning for talking about one of the big ones). But that doesn't mean Warmane should just give up on being blizzlike entirely and turn this into a funserver.

SM + Bladestorm is dumb damage, but it is survivable. If you are having trouble you might just need to reevaluate your own play.

Oooook... How do you plan to stop grip/charge/add random gap closer? If you as a caster have a melee on your back, you sure as hell won't just walk up the ramp while they guy is butchering your arse.
    So no. It's not easy to just go back up there unless you are a lock with a teleport.
    There are many abilities that remove slows.

15. May 2, 2017  
    There are lots of things on this server that are not Blizzlike at all (I was recently just giving a warning for talking about one of the big ones).
    Your persistence on the matter does not serve you well. Keep it up if you want to see what fruit it bears.

First ... 45678 Last