1. ...Assuming no difference in procs... Assuming no buffs are dropping off...
    Yet those are the major problems. There is a difference, delaying obliterates when you have procs up is not something you want to do. Heroism/Shattering throw play a role, with heroism's role being minor and only impacting disease refresh. The initial application of 4pT10 buff is also a concern since you don't have it up until ERW part of the opener. A boss fight also does not end when you will it. It might just end right as you were getting to an Obliterate after a KM FS that you prioritised. In such an event you'd lose a whole Obliterate. It's also interesting that should you do this, there isn't a guarantee that you'll benefit from engineering glove enchant for pestilence (this only applies to engineers though and is a marginal difference but still there).

For these reasons, reasons on previous pages (and btw Gnimo's own words earlier in the guide) and the fact that the best sim available for dks does not find a prio/rotation for KM FS "weaving" to be beneficial (although the difference in dps is less than 50) I see no good reason to do it and would heavily advise not to do it.
    Edited: November 13, 2019

2. "Feeling" a bigger burst from prio-ing KM FS over OB in the opening part of a fight (as someone mentioned above) is some next level bull****. That's the exact place where the difference between the two abilities is the most pronounced.
    I think you misunderstood. I meant that not using the Obli > FS rotation and spamming Obli as soon as it comes off CD is overall better with procs. After testing my opener for a bit, I saw that you definitely lose ring proc and quite possibly STS proc if you delay obliterates to prio FS.

Nevertheless, thanks to everyone for the discussion.

gelig also has a valid point, f.e. sindra in last phase is about burning the boss down, hiding and then burning again
    Edited: November 13, 2019

3. Any good Guild for blood dps i know they fixed Blood and blood to better frost in singel target ????

4. Obli prio rotation is better at end game.
    The Obli>FS one works only on a dummy or if ur gear as bad and FS does more dmg.
    Rifokelt is the guy u want to take advice from, im gone, ded.
    Oh, also, doubt il update the guides, so use what u can, for the rest, use that brain of urs. :D

5. Hey, I have been playing 3.3.5 over a year and I still have doubt
    It is better to play frost dk with talents in blood or in unholy?
    In the guide there is not a clear comparison between them, I know in most of guides people says unholy but some players that I know told me that is better the frost blood due to the Bladed Armor talent

I had been testing both (in raids and dungeons) and I cant see a clear difference between them
    Could you guys help me?

Edit: Im like 5.5 gs

6. Hey, I have been playing 3.3.5 over a year and I still have doubt
    It is better to play frost dk with talents in blood or in unholy?
    In the guide there is not a clear comparison between them, I know in most of guides people says unholy but some players that I know told me that is better the frost blood due to the Bladed Armor talent

I had been testing both (in raids and dungeons) and I cant see a clear difference between them
    Could you guys help me?

Edit: Im like 5.5 gs
    Frost is pretty much one way, that is unholy subspec. There is some blood subspec shenaningans at some 3k gs when its kind-of better, but that is irrelevant.
    Unholy subpec gives you ability to use blood(converted to death) runes for additional obliterate(cornerstone of frost dps), 3% more spell hit for your soft cap and another stuff that just is more useful and scales better with gear.

7. Hello. Sorry if this has already been established here. I was wondering if the following BiS list made by my guild master(who is the best FDK in my server) can be considered to be better than the list provided here. I respect your dedication and the willingness to develop the necessary knowledge regarding this spec over the course of many years and request that you forgive me for not possessing the same amount of time and dedication to do the same. Anyway, the list is as follows:
    head: set
    neck: lanathel's chain of flagellation
    shoulders: set
    back: might of the ocean serpent
    chest: set
    wrist: bracers of the heir
    hands: set
    belt: coldwraith links
    legs: scourge reaver's legplates
    boots: apocalypse's advance
    rings: ashen band of endless might / might of blight
    trinkets: deathbringer's will / sharpened twilight scale
    weapons: havoc's call: blade of lordaeron kings x2
    sigil: sigil of the hanged man

My guild in WoW-Mania server is considered the oldest and the best guild in alliance, therefore, it confuses me when i see such vast differences in what people from my guild consider BiS and what you guys do. Also according to most of the people from my server, the hit cap there is 5% and the expertise cap is 21. Now i obviously take this with a grain of salt when some of them insist that the hit cap is 5% or 7% or 9%, but ultimately it confuses me even more. So i was wondering, if suppose, the hit and expertise cap is indeed less in my server, does it change my overall bis gear list? Again i want to stress on the fact that i dont possess the necessary tools and the time to go figure this out myself and would request that someone provide some insight into this confusion of mine. I suppose that's the itinerary of this guide after all. Thanks.

8. Hello. Sorry if this has already been established here. I was wondering if the following BiS list made by my guild master(who is the best FDK in my server) can be considered to be better than the list provided here. I respect your dedication and the willingness to develop the necessary knowledge regarding this spec over the course of many years and request that you forgive me for not possessing the same amount of time and dedication to do the same. Anyway, the list is as follows:
    head: set
    neck: lanathel's chain of flagellation
    shoulders: set
    chest: set
    wrist: bracers of the heir
    belt: coldwraith links
    boots: apocalypse's advance
    rings: ashen band of endless might / might of blight
    trinkets: deathbringer's will / sharpened twilight scale
    weapons: havoc's call: blade of lordaeron kings x2
    sigil: sigil of the hanged man

My guild in WoW-Mania server is considered the oldest and the best guild in alliance, therefore, it confuses me when i see such vast differences in what people from my guild consider BiS and what you guys do. Also according to most of the people from my server, the hit cap there is 5% and the expertise cap is 21. Now i obviously take this with a grain of salt when some of them insist that the hit cap is 5% or 7% or 9%, but ultimately it confuses me even more. So i was wondering, if suppose, the hit and expertise cap is indeed less in my server, does it change my overall bis gear list? Again i want to stress on the fact that i dont possess the necessary tools and the time to go figure this out myself and would request that someone provide some insight into this confusion of mine. I suppose that's the itinerary of this guide after all. Thanks.
    Hit cap for PvP is 5%, hit cap for PvE is 8% for specials. Keep in mind you get 3% from talents, so technically you only need 5% for PvE. That's as far as Frost goes. 21 expertise is the cap for PvP iirc. 26 is for PvE, yet again you get 5 expertise from talents and a few more depending on which race you play.
    His BiS list is bad.
    Edited: December 28, 2019

9. Do we know of any ways to force Rime procs? I personally have noticed that during the start of the usual rotation- PS,IT,BT,UA,HoW, Obli, if you space these out correctly and don't rush it, it makes Rime proc every single time and gives u free HB. Now I am not sure if my RNG is good or if this is an exploit or something, but it's good :3. I was wondering if there was a way to make it proc every time or most of the time when I use Obli and if someone has some knowledge regarding this. Seems like a nice dps increase :3

10. Do we know of any ways to force Rime procs?
    It's a flat 15% chance to proc, what kind of question is this?

I personally have noticed that during the start of the usual rotation- PS,IT,BT,UA,HoW, Obli
    This is not the "usual" rotation. It's a garbage rotation/opener.

11. neck: lanathel's chain of flagellation
    Why use this set-up when
    Spoiler: Show
    [Penumbra Pendant]
    [Varian's Furor]
    [Aldriana's Gloves of Secrecy] / [Fleshrending Gauntlets]
    [Sanctified Scourgelord Legplates]

offers the same stats with higher values because of higher ilvl?

you can have a personal gear list for whatever reason but BiS = Best in Slot, and there's very little variation in the true BiS for FDK (cloak is the only switch around usually). as for hit - it's one of frost's strongest stats after arp and str, so even after the special cap at 5% melee hit, extra hit is still very good.

12. The list you provided is not even close to BiS.
    The actual BiS list doesnt even bother to get expertise to 26, its just T10 legs and thats it.

The only reason I bother to soft cap expertise is cos I personaly feel like my RNG is bad, and whenever I tryed the 17exp build I got destroyed by it.

"Orc" itemisation (for both sides and without 10exp10hit gems) is the best itemisation you can get, the neck change for the soft expertise cap wont matter in 90% of the times eather you have it or dont since 1 item wont make a difference, so its a matter of personal preference.

I personaly tryed the build u suggested and many others, while I was trying to invent the wheel, wasted both money (coins) and time, the builds that are in the guide are the best out there for all "retail like" servers, just as most info in the guides, even tho I didnt update them for quite some time. Eksde

13. Precisely what Gnimo said. I simmed it a few times on Kahorie’s and at 17 expertise, I got a result of an average of 2 Obliterate and Frost Strike dodges on a 200 second tank and spank fight, but the overall damage was higher than expertise capped (about ~150 dps difference in my gear).

First ... 51314151617 ... Last