1. New video update (i guess):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciuo...ature=youtu.be

You have a new addon that will show every spell i do, to help those that cant track MSBT.

Shoutout to Svanie for the addon and heads up.
    If anyone else has something to add, or want me to fix or improve, feel free to say so here or in game i guess (since i dont read DMs on Forums, dont see them and am lazy).

2. Since there is no much about pvp for frost, is your spec and gear right for bgs too? Coz I want to do only BG pvp on my dk as frost, since UH is not my thing despite opness. You say arp is no good, does that apply for bgs too? Coz I was thinking going full arp and around 1k resil or 900 maybe,essentially keeping only 5/5 wf gear with some resil gems and enchants. Or should it be just strength? And about weps, if the arp build is okeyish, would it be better to get 2x havoc or 2 bloodvenom with arp on it, even though stats are lower? And how does agility work for frost dk? Is it worth it let's say to take togc cloak instead strength one,sindy neck and finger to get more arp? Or just go for full strength?
    And about talent Rime,was thinking taking it instead bladed armor. I've never done pvp as frost before, but i like spec very much,and you've tried it so I could use some tips

3. How do I convince my guild im not ******ed for trying to roll agi items like gloves and bracers? especially the master looter , quote " you are a DK you use festergut's gloves not rotface" or dbs' bracers. "those are for ____ dumbo"

4. How do I convince my guild im not ******ed for trying to roll agi items like gloves and bracers? especially the master looter , quote " you are a DK you use festergut's gloves not rotface" or dbs' bracers. "those are for ____ dumbo"
    If they do not want to listen that a certain piece is an upgrade for you, then you can't. In such a circumstance you try to find a guild with competent management. Some of the current end-game farming guilds should be okay in that regard. I can't say for sure but red flags are usually loot councils, mandatory tactics that don't make sense(e.g. a melee that needs to setup on a target before doing any noticable damage being asked to switch to a target that will die in 3-4 seconds), loot priority on anything but the extremely obvious (e.g. LK croosbow prio for hunters over warriors/rogues). If you can avoid such guilds, you should be feeling much better when playing the game.

5. This might be a wall of text, but I hope you bear with me.

So I've been trying to test out between 3 specs:
    Spec 1: 0/3 Subversion; 5/5 Killing Machine; 2/2 Chill of the Grave
    Spec 2: 1/3 Subversion; 5/5 Killing Machine; 1/2 Chill of the Grave
    Spec 3: 1/3 Subversion; 4/5 Killing Machine; 2/2 Chill of the Grave

And I've basically been trying the two rotations back and forth on them, let's say
    Rotation 1: Obliterate > Frost Strike > Obliterate > Frost Strike > Obliterate > Frost Strike
    Rotation 2: Obliterate > Obliterate > Obliterate > Frost Strike > Frost Strike > Frost Strike

Let me talk about spec 1 & 2 first. So it seems like R1 fits spec 1 and R2 fits spec 2 better, but after some testing it seems like the "weaving" rotation intended to make better usage of KM doesn't seem to make such a huge impact on Frost Strike crit count. However, on a dummy timer from start to finish (ERW usage to ERW comes off CD and diseases are off), I get 152 Oblis always if not pestilence misses. Spec 1 gives me 130 FS and Spec 2 gives ~116 FS. Obli crit is mainly RNG, but of course I consistently less crit on the 1st spec. Also target switching on short living targets with spec 2 and rotation 2 is slightly easier, e.g. PP HC oozes.

Spec 3 to me seemed to be not worth it from a pure DPS standpoint because I was always getting ~10% less crits on FS and I didn't like the KM proc rate at all at 4/5 (personal feeling). My main idea with this spec is to retain the threat reduction from subversion, since I can sometimes have threat issues on ragings and shadow realm Halion in RS25HC even with subversion. Using the first rotation with it felt really meh, 'cause the KM procs weren't enough to make skillful usage of KM procs, which is the whole point of R1. But this was a compromise I made to keep the threat reduction (the extra crit on obli is of course appreciated).

So my question to more experienced DKs is, which rotation/build will work better?

This is an exact copy of my gear: https://bit.ly/2qkDbOd

PS: I know I probably shouldn't be matching agi sockets, just an OCD thing. Still working on marks, RS HC pieces and HC trinkets. LoD weapons and insanity cloak are pretty far off, though. And FWIW - I also have GSB25HC and RS10HC bracers in bag, with the option of using RS25HC bracers and the plate haste/crit gloves from Fester25HC.

6. https://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/...00000000000000

This is the talent build you want when in a raid. 2/2 chill of the grave is complete overkill in 25 man with a druid and disc. It's debatable whether you should go for it in a 10 man if you don't have either of those two healers and what exactly to drop for it.

There isn't any good reason to "weave" frost strikes into your rotation. There's a period where you RP dump/HB after exhausing your runes. You want to dish out your hardest hitting abilities exactly as they're coming, especially in the opener phase of fights when all your CDs are lined up. Do not forget that during a raid, bosses die, unlike training dummies. What you get on a training dummy in the form of FS/OB count for the two rotations may not be the same in a raid. In fact it's rather likely that it will not be the same. Following this train of thought, obliterate and consistent rune timings are your top priority, not weaving frost strikes...

7. There isn't any good reason to "weave" frost strikes into your rotation. There's a period where you RP dump/HB after exhausing your runes. You want to dish out your hardest hitting abilities exactly as they're coming, especially in the opener phase of fights when all your CDs are lined up. Do not forget that during a raid, bosses die, unlike training dummies. What you get on a training dummy in the form of FS/OB count for the two rotations may not be the same in a raid. In fact it's rather likely that it will not be the same. Following this train of thought, obliterate and consistent rune timings are your top priority, not weaving frost strikes...
    You absolutely can weave KM FS or KM Rime procs between OB/BS/PT, as long as it's done within the 2.5 second RGP window (i.e. runes aren't off cooldown for more than 2.5 seconds) and diseases aren't in danger of falling off.

8. You absolutely can weave KM FS or KM Rime procs between OB/BS/PT, as long as it's done within the 2.5 second RGP window (i.e. runes aren't off cooldown for more than 2.5 seconds) and diseases aren't in danger of falling off.
    I was not arguing that you can't do it.

9. Ye, I know you can do it ofc, just asking more experienced DKs whether it’s worth it to. After some testing in raid, i felt like it does less burst to not squeeze in those KMs especially when you have bigger procs active. Overall the damage was pretty much nonexistent for me to not use runes when they are active. Although I do think this weaving rotation might be a bit better on lower geared DKs who have less arp and crit to get maximum dmg from obliterate and can fall back safer on frost strike crits.

10. 1/

KM proc doesn't make FS a top priority.

Because FS can still crit without KM.

There's a good chance (equals to your crit chance btw) that KM don't do anything because FS would've critted on its own.

I even think 5/5 KM talent is overkill.

2/

Using FS over Obliterate will delay every future Obliterate in that fight.

Priorities FS over Obliterate many times in a fight... maybe you will have better burst, but at the end of the fight you will be missing 5 Obliterates, not worth it.

3/

"But I tested on dummy, I'm not missing any Obliterates. There's X seconds of dead rune time blablabla"

Dummy is not trying to kill you. Dummy is THE PERFECT fight in which you only worry about DPS.

But in a real fight there are mechanics, sometimes you need to stop whatever you're doing an move out or get stunned or ported to another dimension etc...

In short you won't have your perfect rotation. You won't get "X seconds of dead rune time".

Priorities FS over Obliterate and you will be stunned/ported/changetarget with runes that you didn't use = bad DK.

11. I was not arguing that you can't do it.
    You misunderstood. My point is that you can delay an OB to consume a KM proc without having any negative consequences as long as runes aren't off cooldown for more than 2.5 seconds. You're still doing 5 OBs per disease application, but the difference is that KM procs get used more efficiently since you're not delaying their use to fire off an OB right away.

Gnimo's "NEW ROTATION" section of the guide sort of makes the same point in that spacing out OBs with FS and Rime can improve KM utilization and improve overall DPS since you're not waiting as long to use a proc and potentially losing one to an overwrite. You have 5 or 6 GCDs available for FS/Rime per disease application and maximizing crit rate via efficient KM proc utilization can be a very significant DPS boost.

12. You misunderstood. My point is that you can delay an OB to consume a KM proc without having any negative consequences as long as runes aren't off cooldown for more than 2.5 seconds. You're still doing 5 OBs per disease application, but the difference is that KM procs get used more efficiently since you're not delaying their use to fire off an OB right away.
    I understood you just fine.

Gnimo's "NEW ROTATION" section of the guide sort of makes the same point in that spacing out OBs with FS and Rime can improve KM utilization and improve overall DPS since you're not waiting as long to use a proc and potentially losing one to an overwrite. You have 5 or 6 GCDs available for FS/Rime per disease application and maximizing crit rate via efficient KM proc utilization can be a very significant DPS boost.
    And yet there's no reason to do this. In a raid setting Obliterate is far stronger than a FS. It scales better as a skill for one, it receives more from debuffs put on boss (armor reduction and 4% phys. damage increase compared to 13% magic damage for FS) and since there is only one proper kind of gemming for fdk it also scales better based on your stats. Kahories also disagrees with the prioritisation of KM FS under any kind of circumstance I've tried over an available OB. It doesn't matter whether you set it in a strict rotation or a priority (either with or without an intro to the fight).

"Feeling" a bigger burst from prio-ing KM FS over OB in the opening part of a fight (as someone mentioned above) is some next level bull****. That's the exact place where the difference between the two abilities is the most pronounced.

13. I understood you just fine.

And yet there's no reason to do this. In a raid setting Obliterate is far stronger than a FS. It scales better as a skill for one, it receives more from debuffs put on boss (armor reduction and 4% phys. damage increase compared to 13% magic damage for FS) and since there is only one proper kind of gemming for fdk it also scales better based on your stats. Kahories also disagrees with the prioritisation of KM FS under any kind of circumstance I've tried over an available OB. It doesn't matter whether you set it in a strict rotation or a priority (either with or without an intro to the fight).

"Feeling" a bigger burst from prio-ing KM FS over OB in the opening part of a fight (as someone mentioned above) is some next level bull****. That's the exact place where the difference between the two abilities is the most pronounced.
    If you understand, then why are you arguing about the strength of OB vs FS? Assuming no difference in procs, Obliterate damage for an OB FS OB FS OB FS sequence will be the same as OBx3 FSx3. HOWEVER, the first sequence is more likely to have higher FS damage since each FS has a 3 second window to get a KM proc instead of just 1.5 that you get with a 3xFS dump. As mentioned before, you can adapt your FS use based on KM procs and RP levels, while still cranking out 5 OBs every ~20 seconds. Assuming no buffs are dropping off, there is no downside to delaying OB for a KM FS within the 2.5s RGP window.

14. If you understand, then why are you arguing about the strength of OB vs FS? Assuming no difference in procs, Obliterate damage for an OB FS OB FS OB FS sequence will be the same as OBx3 FSx3. HOWEVER, the first sequence is more likely to have higher FS damage since each FS has a 3 second window to get a KM proc instead of just 1.5 that you get with a 3xFS dump. As mentioned before, you can adapt your FS use based on KM procs and RP levels, while still cranking out 5 OBs every ~20 seconds. Assuming no buffs are dropping off, there is no downside to delaying OB for a KM FS within the 2.5s RGP window.
    I understand that it's about perfect scenario vs imperfect one.. you gain a bit of dmg by using KM procs, unless you have to move after lets say 3 globals of the sequence, you loose a lot then.

15. Like stated 15 times before.

You're talking about attacking a dummy. We're talking about real raids.

Sure [OB>FS>OB>FS>OB>FS] have a higher damage potential. You're spacing the FS usage hoping for more KM procs in between.

BUT THAT'S ASSUMING YOU WILL GET TO USE ALL 6 GLOBAL CDS.

So what if you do [OB>FS>OB] only and get targetted by Defile or something and you have to move out of the raid ?
    What if it's the teleport phase ? What if you get grabbed ?

The idea is make sure to use the big guns as soon as available, so when bad RNG happens, you did the best damage you could.

Also as stated above:

KM isn't a heavenly blessing that gives you +1000% damage. It just guarantees a crit. FS is perfectly capable of critting on it's own.
    The more you progress into the game, the worst KM becomes.
    You have 60% crit chance ? Your FS have 63% chance to crit on it's own like most other abilities.
    Meaning KM-proc have a 63% chance to do nothing.

First ... 41213141516 ... Last