1. May 28, 2017  
    Yea but, u will do 1 less GCD (Death Coil) in the end, cos u had to repeat that SS.
    DK A) will do more Death Coils aslong as he has Runic Power for it.
    DK B) will do less Death Coils and will have to sacrifice Blood Strikes so he doesnt get over capped with Runic Power.
    Example: If u have 130 Runic Power and are about to do:
    BS > SS > BS,
    Its better to use Death Coil instead of BS so u dont waste 35-40 runic power, mainly cos Death Coil deals more DMG and cant be dodged. (If u get what i mean...)

If u can fill all of ur 12 GCDs u have during rotation cycle with damaging abilities 90% of the time, its better to cap Expertise from my pov.

However, if u find urself having a lot of downtime, aka 1-2 sec not beeing able to cast a single ability, or doin Horn of Winter whenever its off CD, it is better NOT to cap Expertise.
    Cos u can fill that downtime with repeating a spell that got dodged and end up having more DPS in the end cos u gained Haste and Arp for the cost of Expertise.

Posting from phone so it might be hard to read/understand. Sorre. :(

As for expertise cap:
    Maybe they intentionaly made expertise cap 29 when u are not attacking from behind, aka, tryed to somehow make up for parry missing out completely... who knows...

Edit, 29th May:
    About expertise cap...
    Was still getting Dodged on Bosses:
    Deathbringer (was attacking him from behind)
    Festergut and Blood Queen (was attacking those two from sides)
    Rotface (at the moment he turned to slime spray, so basicly while i was hitting his face)
    On Lich King however, where i attacked him and raging spirits from every angle (back, sides, front) not a single dodge happened.

I dont know whats the deal with that, but it was anoying as hell.
    As for the Rune Grace period after a Dodge happens, it gets delayed a bit sometimes, which is another downside when it comes to itemisation without expertise cap.
    Also, at those moment dodges occured, i was runic power capped cos i had to repeat that spell, aka cast 1 less Death Coil.

Overall, at the curent state of warmane, it wont matter if u cap it or not.
    Try to find what suits u the most and play the best u can.

Guide will be finished next weekend, and il slowly start working on the Tanking Guide, finishing every single one of them once and for all.
    Might also add, BiS lists and talents i use on my other classes with maybe rotation sections, but most sertainly wont make any other guide, ever.

Best of Luck.
    Edited: May 29, 2017

2. June 3, 2017  
    Hey man awesome guide but i'm having problems on finding hit rating items to get me capped, i dont play molten for maybe 2 years and back then i think u would only need like 6% or something cause it was buggy and i never went for hit rate items or even gem for it but now i'm forced to gem hit till i get boots from halion.

3. June 4, 2017  
    T10, [Sanctified Scourgelord Gauntlets] - 82hit + 20hit enchant (Precision)
    Rep Ring, [Ashen Band of Endless Might] - 59hit
    Gunship, [Polar Bear Claw Bracers] - 60hit
    LDW, [Ahn'kahar Onyx Neckguard] - 60hit
    BoE Ring, [Ring of Rotting Sinew] - 38hit
    Feet enchant, Icewalker - 12hit
    Etched Ametrine - 10str10hit

82 (T10 gloves) + 59 (Ashen ring) + 60 (Bracers) + 20 (Enchant) + 12 (Enchant) + 30 (3x Etched Ametrines) = 263 which is more than enough i guess...
    If u want to cap both Hit and Expertise u can always go 5/5 T10, it wont be a problem how i see it.

4. Hello Gnimo! Back with another question. Would you call it a dps increase for a UDK to cancelaura chaosbane? On both singletarget and AoEish fights(E.g. Halion or LoD)? Do you know which of our skills proc a fragment?
    Regards,

5. Personaly i only cancel Chaos Bane as Ret paladin.
    I doubt DK will generate those stacks fast enough, so i value the 270 Strength buff more.

I do cancel Chaos Bane in PvP tho, as DK, but not in PvE...

6. I do cancel Chaos Bane in PvP tho, as DK, but not in PvE...
    ???? why would you do it in pvp?

7. Canceling chaos bane back when DND used to 100% proc a fragment per tick it hit, aka av was hilarious, but canceling in pvp will result in some weak as death coils, and thats ur finisher.

8. Duo to Unholy Presence u genetate Soul Fragments faster, and i like the extra 2k DMG after reaching the 10th stack.
    But again, I was never into PvP that much so yea, might be wrong...

Edit:
    Diference btwn Death Coil with and withoit Chaos Bane buff is 180-200 DMG on a lvl 80 dummy (3500 vs 3700 total dmg, if i remember right).
    Considering that u can Cast 3 DCs max with full runic Power, that is 600dmg diference if u get 0 procs in case u cancel it.
    Chaos Bane Hits more than that...
    Edited: August 1, 2017

9. Guide should be finished (more or less).
    I will check the Edited guide during the next week and if something is wrong il Edit it asap.

Focus on "Openers" "DnD tips" "Perfect Rotation" section in "ROTATION" part of the guide.

Best of luck.

Edit1: 21st
    I will remove Armor Penetration sections when it comes to spec and gear from the guide this weekend.
    Reason for it is simply cos its not worth going for it, even tho it will deal a bit more single target dps.
    The point of Unholy Death knight is to be free to do insane amount of AoE any time he wants, Unholy Armor Pen spec does not alow u that.
    If u want to go Armor Pen gems and gear, go Frost.

Edit2: 24th
    Updated everything a bit.
    Need to update Itemisation part, and to add keybinds and macroes.
    I will also recheck rotation part and polish it.
    Edited: August 24, 2017

10. Many thanks for your guide, i learn so much about UH DK

However i got a questions, my UH dk is currently following your 0/17/54 frost subspec build. Two days ago i just finished sacred and corrupt quest and claimed my shadow's edge ( smourne is on the way, wish me luck for that :D). Can you please answer is shadow's edge is a good weapon for UH frost subspec? If not, should i go for blood subspec?

Also, is it wise to put 10 str+10crit in yellow slot?

11. This one u will need to test urself.
    Use Frost subspec with ur itemisation and DPS the dummy for 3 minutes (use a stopwatch or simply stop once ur gargoyle is ready again). Chill for 2min and wait for ERW. Repeat the same test with same spec and same rotation for the same amount of time 4 times (5 times in total).

After this do the same thing with Blood subspec.

Dont do a single dps test for less than 3min. Do not stop if random miss or dodge happens, keep practicing getting out of bad situations and see how spec behaves. Only stop and repeat if u ****ed up rotation big time.
    Dont do less than 5 runs per spec. After 5 runs u will know how spec behaves and whats its avrg dmg done.
    Note: make sure u screenshot recounts and compare the dmg done of ur abilities. Compare Scourge Strike, Melee, Death Coil and Disease DMG diference.

As for specs u should use, i guess they should look like:
    Frostsubspec:
    http://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jZG0...oIxMdg0zx0uIqo
    Bloodsubspec1:
    http://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jfVM...oIxMdg0zx0uIqo
    Bloodsubspec2:
    http://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jfVMcZZfM0IxMdg0ux0uIqo
    For Bloodsubspec2 use glyph of Scourge Strike instead of Icy Touch.
    Note: i dont like Bsspec2 mainly cos it focuses on single target DMG done.
    I think Frostsubspec is more valuable even without SM/Bryntroll mainly cos of it AoE potential.

Note: if u notice Blood Caked Blade sucking dick in more than 50% of ur atempts, doin less than 1.5% of total dmg, drop it for Morbidity.

U can put 10str10crit gems in yellow sockets if u think it will boost ur DPs more, yes.

12. guys, silly question here...

do latency affect melee strike ? --> yeah I am kinda laggy with 300-500 ms (>_<)
    on my guild run I always notice on Recount that my melee strike is always lesser than other similar DK, sometimes it is half of their hit amount
    not the damage, but the hit occurance
    for example on Recount states I hit 5 times, yet my team mate DK hit 10 times

as we know in single target, melee strike should always be the 1st on Recount

13. I dont know how MS affects Auto Attacks but if other DK uses Haste pot and/or Engi Haste gloves enchant, and u are not doin that, he will do a lot more Auto hits.

14. Nah, your latency doesn't insert a larger gap between your melee swings. That's why melee classes that aren't gcd locked are a great choice for people with high ms.

You will be affected worse than others when targets are moved though. I play with a permanent 200-350 ms range myself so I notice this a lot - when a boss or mob is moved by the tank such that it puts that target out of your melee range, you'll take slightly longer getting back into range to attack it. So you have to anticipate movement and be prepared to adjust your position in advance. Also DPSing moving targets can be a *****.

15. I dont know how MS affects Auto Attacks but if other DK uses Haste pot and/or Engi Haste gloves enchant, and u are not doin that, he will do a lot more Auto hits.
    Nah, your latency doesn't insert a larger gap between your melee swings. That's why melee classes that aren't gcd locked are a great choice for people with high ms.

You will be affected worse than others when targets are moved though. I play with a permanent 200-350 ms range myself so I notice this a lot - when a boss or mob is moved by the tank such that it puts that target out of your melee range, you'll take slightly longer getting back into range to attack it. So you have to anticipate movement and be prepared to adjust your position in advance. Also DPSing moving targets can be a *****.

that does make point
    while latency MS does not affect directly to hit rate
    latency might interfere where boss is moving or the player need to move

I will do some research on many moving encounter versus less moving encounter

thx for the reply :) cheer

First ... 2345614 ... Last