1. for this items [Varian's Furor] i never seen anyone ues it in game for what i can change it 90% ppl ues roatface back and for armp spaceunholy they ues Vereesa's Dexterity if i ues roatface back should i start gem hitrating on yallow ????

2. There are itemisations with both Furor and Sheets in the guide.
    It doesnt matter which one u decide to go for. With proper gemming u can reach any point of Hit/Haste u want...
    As for Vereesas, i doubt its the best choice for Arp Build.

3. Guide is updated.
    Might rework the opener section but im too lazy tbh...
    U have more than enough of information in it to be an awesome Unholy DK.

Will be focusing a bit more on Tank guide during next week and try to finish that one aswell.

4. That rotation section is literally cancer for anyone that hasn't played DK for atleast 6months.

5. I tryed to simplify it but i rly dont know how, and im so lazy and busy nowadays that i rly dont even have a desire to do so...

There is nothing on the internet that will give u this much info on this kind of ****. If u just gave it a try and started going step by step u wouldve got to the point where u would understand everything...

Guide for dummies.
    Step1:
    Get infront of a dummy and use HoW.
    Step2:
    PS > IT > BS > BS > SS > ERW > GARG
    SS > BS > SS > BS > DC > DC > ...
    Step3, repeat:
    PS > IT > BS > SS > BS > DC >
    SS > BS > SS > BS > DC > DC > ...
    Step4:
    Do this atleast 5 more times for 3 minutes.
    Step5:
    Read and start practicing Openers, from the guide.
    Step6:
    Read, try to understand, practice "Perfect Rotation", from the guide.
    Step7:
    Combine everything and try to do a 5min perfect run on a dummy from opener till the end...
    Step8:
    Repeat "Step7" couple of more times untill u are 100% u did everything right.

When i was making it, I literaly did some parts of "perfect rotation" 10+ times for 1 hour so i could tipe in exactly which spell is done when its suposed to be do all u have to do is copy paste it and practice.

Yes, i know its aids to people that are new to the DK class, but when i was learning this stuff i never had anything similar to this, aka, i had to come up with this stuff myself.

Be patient and practice. Nothing u want will come instantly, u need to put in some work urself.

6. Gnimbo man good job. read your guide partially, ****ing awesome!

7. All of the guides have been updated a bit.
    Also, this is the way of bumping them back on Page 1 of DK section.
    Again, if u find any mistakes ive made in them, feel free to comment and warn me so i can fix it asap.
    Best of luck.

8. Hey Gnimo, great guides, thanks for helping out all the dk wannabe out there including myself. 1st of all I've seen your doubts about expertise. Expertise cap it's not 26, it's 200 expertise rating (without any buffs) or around 30.76 per point of REAL expertise. What you see in your character sheet it's the rounded value so it can happen that you have for example 199 exp rating and, like all the stats that work with rating, the value gets rounded to the nearest integer value, but in fact you still have a super small chance of being dodged from behind.
    Now I have a couple of questions for you: is it worth to change sigils during combact to achieve the different buffs? If you are good enough you can swap the sigil exactly on the gcd of another ability to force the gcd of the item swap losing only 0.2 secs (it takes practice). Maybe for uh you loose too much dps because of reset swing timer, but what about frost where the swings are so fast that you loose an average of 1 sec or less? If you think it would boost dps slightly, which sigils would you swap? Finally the last question, you are encouraging a double dps spec/offspec to maximize your performance as a raid dps, I agree with that and I want to go frost when it's a single target boss and uh when it's trash or boss with adds (e.g. LK). The problem is that i don't believe i can get 2 sanctified sets hc: one with arp and the other with str (I play on Lord). Do you think that dpsing in UH with T9.5 from togc could be a viable idea to pull more dps during trash and/or LK encounter? I make this question because I see some uh dks doubling the 2nd dps in that fight (with T10 ofc).

9. Expertise cap it's not 26, it's 200 expertise rating (without any buffs)
    Where to even start.....

10. Now I have a couple of questions for you: is it worth to change sigils during combact to achieve the different buffs?
    Sigil buffs are removed upon swapping, they fixed that a while ago.

Expertise cap it's not 26, it's 200 expertise rating (without any buffs)
    Where to even start.....
    You can start by actually making a point instead of saying absolutely nothing.

11. Expertise Cap for DODGE is 26.
    173 RATING (21expertise) + 5 expertise from TALENTS.

Sigil Swaping is a BAD idea, for every spec. DONT DO IT.

T9.5 is crap. Thats the simple explanation...

Since 90% of people that LOVE T9.5 wont belive me, here i go...
    T10 has SUPERIOR single target DPS compared to T9.5. Even on LK, it wont matter how much AoE u do, if u dont push the Boss on time, he will kill the tank.
    When it comes to AoE, Death and Decay is the one that does all the DPS. T10 buffs DnD a lot more than T9.5.
    Diseases do constant AoE DMG, Death and Decay does the important DMG, aka when adds spawn and they need to be DPSed down.
    Sure, u pestilence and spread diseases, but without DnD u wouldnt do as much DMG.

The ONLY way that T9.5 will ever outdps T10 on any fight in whole WOTLK expansion, is if the DK with T9.5 is DPS whoring, aka, doing more aoe dmg than its needed (DPSing the ghouls more than LK, pestilencing the valkires up in the air...).

T10 will do higher Single Target DPS and Great AoE DMG.
    T9.5 will only do Great AoE DMG.

As for double spec, sure, get Main Spec Frost DPS and off Spec Unholy DPS, or the other way arround.
    Altho, DONT respec during the raid.
    U will get inved depending on which buff/debuff raid needs.
    20% Melee haste > Frost, Magic DMG debuff > Unholy. If u respec, raid loses DPS, a lot of DPS if there is no another FDK/UDK exept u.
    Raids are about Buffs/Debuffs more than they are about personal DPS.

12. Thank you for the replies. Please don't judge, I said that I'm a DK wannabe, it's not my main class. I was pretty sure that the exp you need without counting buffs or talents (that's what i meant) was 200 and I checked. 30,76 is the exp you need to reduce the chance to be dodged by 1%. I just wanted to help because I had the problem where it would show 26 exp but rating was lower so i got dodged sometimes. Maybe exp cap is indeed a bit higher...idk, the best uh dk of my realm runs 27 exp.
    Not all sigils, idols and librams are fixed (I just checked), but, having browsed a lot of 3.3.5 retail forums I can say they weren't "fixed" even in retail and it's really a minor mechanic that in 99% of cases would result in a dps loss anyway.
    I was almost sure that sigil swapping or t9.5 would result in a loss of dps (using common sense) but i wanted to have a clear answer from a veteran player so i wouldn't lose time running stupid tests. For spec swap it's a good point to check always raid composition before, but I usually have an hybrid tank for icy talons and the magical effect from ebon plague can be replaced by many classes (e.g. locks or boomies if i'm right), only the dmg increase for diseases cannot be replaced. That's why i wanted to try uh for trash.
    I really appreciate the time you took to explain gnimo, but for those who just quote saying meaningless words ("I don't know even where to start"), try to be more constructive...it's a guide anyway.

13. You shouldn't look at the expertise cap through the lens of "X amount of expertise rating" - instead, look at it through the lens of "X% less chance to be dodged or parried" because that's the only measure of expertise that matters, and you're getting expertise to avoid getting your attacks dodged, not to reach some specific arbitrary number.

If you're level 80, every level 83 (or level "??") mob in the game has 6.5% chance to dodge you and 14% chance to parry you. Each point of expertise reduces the chance to be dodged or parried by 0.25%. At a total of 26 expertise you reduce your chance to be dodged or parried by 6.5%, that's why the soft cap is 26 - you can no longer be dodged by the boss. It doesn't matter if you got it from talents and racials (in the form of points) or gear (in the form of rating).

Which brings me to this quote:

I was pretty sure that the exp you need without counting buffs or talents (that's what i meant) was 200 and I checked. 30,76 is the exp you need to reduce the chance to be dodged by 1%. I just wanted to help because I had the problem where it would show 26 exp but rating was lower so i got dodged sometimes.
    ...which means you didn't read Gnimo's reply to you, and you're presenting a misconception as a fact, stating you "checked" it.

You say that you were at 26 expertise total, but got dodged anyway, supposedly because your rating was lower than 200. This doesn't make sense. I don't know how you checked this, but you either made a mistake, or made it up, or if this is REALLY what happened, you should write this up on the bugtracker or provide some screenshots and a combat log - some proof. Because expertise was fixed a couple of months ago, and at 26 exp dodges were impossible to get. This was acknowledged in the guide.

Your chance to be dodged is exclusively calculated from each point of expertise you obtain, NOT from rating. If you want proof, ask yourself why is it impossible to achieve an avoidance reduction that is *not* a multiple of 0.25%. If you gained avoidance reduction from each point of rating, it would be possible to have increments of 0.03% for each point of rating you get. But they don't get calculated from rating - you don't get 0.03% less chance to be dodged or parried every time you get a point of expertise rating. Instead, for every approx. 8 expertise rating at level 80 you get one point of expertise, and then that one point of expertise reduces your chance to be dodged or parried by 0.25%. Getting 4 points of rating doesn't give you 0.125%, it either gives you 0 or it gives you 0.25% depending on whether or not it puts you over the next expertise point threshold (which itself is dependent on how far you are from the previous threshold).

This is why 0.25% is the least possible increment of avoidance reduction.
    This is why the expertise cap is NOT determined by the amount of expertise rating, but expertise value instead.
    This is why you need 26 expertise total to get soft capped REGARDLESS of how much of it you get from rating (since you can get some from talents as well as racials, which lowers the amount of rating you need).
    This is why we say "You need X expertise" and not "You need X expertise rating".

Also, you need 32.79 expertise rating per 1% of avoidance reduction, because it takes 8.19 expertise rating to get 1 point of expertise. The values you were using were for Cataclysm, not Wrath.
    Edited: January 7, 2018

14. You misunderstood me, when I said "I checked" I meant on wowiki although you are right the values are from cata, sry about that I didn't realize. The point of my post was, if you full this thread discussion, to find an answer to what Gnimo and other players have experienced and here i quote gnimo himself: "I dont know, as said, dodge might happend every 10th+ boss if u are capped, sometimes it wont, but im not the first nor the last person that had a dodged attack even tho im is on 26 exp." Anyway it's a marginal issue, but for some classes it can **** up rotation once every hour.
    Having said so I have a suggestion for all your dk guides: why don't you add a consumables section? It can seem stupid, but some questions about this topic can arise. For example, I think haste reducing rune cds has been introduced with cata, correct me if i'm wrong. So as a prepot and 2nd pot do you use speed pot or insane streght pot or strenght pot as 1st pot (because of heroism badly stacking here) and speed pot as 2nd pot? Using speed pot wouldn't resoult in much more downtime anyway? I'm almost sure strenght pot is the wise choice if you hero on pull because many of my guild dps noticed a slight dps increased and they said hero stacks badly with haste pot (I'm not sure if there are been changes since then). Thanks again for answering a noob like me and let's hope we can help this way as many people as possible with the most complete guide.

15. The stat value difference between haste and strength for unholy (frost sub-spec) is very small (generally speaking). While strength is undoubtedly the better stat, there's a very big difference in the amount of each stat the potions give. For insane strength potion to be competitive you'd need some sort of modifier (talent wise or otherwise) that would be worth (roughly speaking) over 200% extra strength. Now since no such thing exists there's no reason, at all, to use insane strength potion.
    Edited: January 7, 2018

First ... 3456715 ... Last