1. yeah I can take few items like trinkets+weapon, race orc. I guess gloren hc still best choice for me since im not planning to do shadowmourne q.

2. Hey Gnimo, what would be the best trinket for UH Dk before you can raid ?

should i go for the combo needle encrusted scorpion // banner of victory?

3. What are good add-ons for DK DPS?

4. Hey Gnimo, what would be the best trinket for UH Dk before you can raid ?

should i go for the combo needle encrusted scorpion // banner of victory?
    You can go banner>darkmoon card greatness imo, since it will be more consistent than the arp proc from needle.

5. Hey Gnimo! Quick question for you, what are your thoughts on using /cancelaura Chaos Bane with SM to remove the buff and rebuild stacks for more explosions? I've seen it mentioned by some streamers on warmane that using that will actually get you a DPS increase due to the explosion damage out weighing the actual buff up time. What are your thoughts if you don't mind me asking? And do you do it personally?

Thanks for the info! Always appreciated.

6. Streamers on Warmane? Which one? :D

From what I remember the only DPS that will benefit from canceling Chaos Bane is Ret paladin.
    Both Unholy and Warrior wont generate stacks fast enough for the burst damage to beat the constant damage you get from the buff via Strength.
    I wont be able to test this any time soon, and as I can see from the guide itself, I removed that /cancelaura "trick" from the rotation part, so there had to be a reason why I did it...

If they changed something about Soul Fragment proc generation, this could work, but I doubt they did.

7. Haha. Primarily Awbee, he streams on IC mainly alliance side. Great guy to watch though via twitch or youtube, always posting fun content and very interactive with the crowd.

But thanks for the info! I couldn't recall if before I had read the /cancelaura in your guide so thanks for confirming I'm not insane lol. I will attempt to do some tests myself over the next several weeks, as I just got SM. What you say does make sense though, those paladins have significantly more haste by default.

Thanks as always for the feedback.

Edit: Awbee has mentioned before while playing his ret paladin that the /cancelaura thing is a good technique. I fail to remember if and what he's mentioned about doing it on DK, since he streams from multiple chars PoV.
    Edited: September 9, 2020

8. I figured it was him. :D

The issue I have with Awbee is that sometimes he just takes random stuff out of a hat, and says it as an advice to a newcomer that has no clue how game works.

On top of that, if we take his Unholy DK as an example, he plays it in a, lets call it: "sub optimal" way, in general, when it comes to both gear and rotation, and even he sometimes manages to make the "sub optimal" even more sub optimal, like the Expertise gems he use, he could get to a 174 rating point and drop some useless hit on top of it, but he still doesn't do it, etc...

This is by no means something to lose your head over, or that will affect your DPS by a huge portion (gear part, how he deals with rotation and spell prio will do for sure), but the problem is he always thinks he is 100% right, and god forbid try to tell him he may be looking at it the wrong way.
    "If you don't like the stream or what I have to say, just don't watch it..."

He gated himself from criticism, and just ban hammers people who challenge him and his way of playing the game as "toxic people who just want to argue", which is not a good trait if you ask me, especially for someone who is "trying to help others learn and/or improve".
    "CS resets DS cooldown." How do you argue with that without just repeating "its not how it works because the 2 set bonus says: "Your melee attacks..."?
    (and this is his main we are talking about, something he is proud about and says: "I don't need to track my white swings because it is in my blood after playing Ret for so long")

What is funny to me is basically that I hardly even watch the guy, part from the youtube "guides" he puts out from time to time, and I know all of this because he is becoming a meme, at least in circles I tend to hang out on Discord, where a lot of clips like this are made from his streams. :D

The point of this "rant" is to try and tell u to take everything he has to say/offer with a grain of salt, just double check what he gives you as an advice. :D

Edit:
    I just hit the level 80 target dummy and as it seems that Chaos Bane hits the 2 targets for 2900 damage total (while they both have Ebon Plaguebringer on them and this would be its damage on single target as well since it splits equally), and that Death Coil damage goes from 3050 (with 270 str buff) to 2850 (without 270 str buff).
    U generate 10 Soul Fragment stacks from 8 - 16 sec, depending on rng and at what point u did the /cancelaura macro.
    Note that when applying diseases, they screenshot the buffs at the moment u did IT and PS, so canceling there will affect the damage they do for full duration.
    I didnt test it as a whole more than this, but I hope you can use these numbers to calculate if its worth it or not.
    If u find that it is worth it please post the results etc, so I can check it and add the macro in the guide again.
    Edited: September 10, 2020

9. Let us clear this up quickly as i do not want to derail the thread but i also want to make this very well known. Streaming your gameplay is perfectly fine. It is when you try to give information when you do not have a clue about how something works nor can you show the math or explain it properly that it becomes a problem.

So while he may know lets say 70% of what he is talking about on everything when he is wrong it is way off in left field. We are talking about as gnimo said a guy who thinks "crusader strike resets divine storm" on a class he himself has played for 10 years as his main.

After 10 years you should know these things. Again as Gnimo stated he does not use a swing timer on his ret. Why is this so important? Because it allows you to prepare your next spell/ability if and when things proc which will grant you even more dps assuming you are knowing what you are doing. Using a "swing timer in your head" is to be fair, lunacy.

Lets just break down a few of his quotes and evidence that are wrong really quick before i end this. "beacon is broken" "assassination rog haste is broken" "mark of blood is kind of like ardent but better" "natures grace is good for resto druids to reach haste cap" "restoration shaman is kind of like holy priest but more like a shaman" "holy shield is useless on a prot paladin" "lightwell is amazing" "body and soul is a godsend"

He thinks 5 combo point savage roar is the way to open as a feral and that you should shred first when mangle is the better option (see gnimos feral guide which explains why mangle is better) he 4 combo point rips and that is a dps loss. He says tidal force is not as good as 15 spell power for restoration shamans although everyone in his guild runs tidal force and for good reason as it is better. Furthermore, he has flamed his own subs in his sub runs for not doing the exact thing he has told them to do, loses his temper in random pugs and sub runs, and as stated before no matter how you approach him with proper evidence or kindness he bans you or removes your comments from discord and youtube all the while claiming he is open to discussion and opinions.

Now again as Gnimo has said he plays to the uniformed players of warmane who do not understand things as well as others or who are new here and do not simply know any better. They see he has a small following and believe him. Not to knock him all the way down the ladder here but he has been carried by much better players to where he is today. There are better guilds than his who will not even touch him because of the misinformation he spreads. For some reason his guild allows this to continue for what reason im not sure as its helping no one on the server. He has stated in the past that his views give him the authority to flex. His biggest issue is his ego and not being able to admit to himself that he is wrong and just give out the corrected info. Most of these things have been well known for years so im not sure where or who he is getting this from but it is wrong and has been known for years, as a 10 year player he should know this but refuses to listen as he thinks his viewers make him more right.

Players deserve the correct information and deserve to know the truth or we end up hurting the community as a whole by giving out false infromation about things we do not understand. Please always try to reference guides here (the ones that are correct should be in the sticky of every class thread) or look for other sources.

10. Let's also add that he flat out rejects even direct info and explanation from a dev point of view. Infact prolly doesn't even look at it and simpy goes into trigger mode where he blocks/ignores/bans you.

Gnimo and Riko do the opposite as sometimes X stuff can be explained based on how X code works

11. they should really add popcorn emojis on this forum

12. can u ppl make a starting vote items list for unholy dk pls

13. addon

hello and ty for the guide
    can you tell me wat addon is that ,that shows the rotation?
    ty very much

14. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=349828

You can find "Useful Addons" section in my Frost DK guide where you have the list of all the addons I am using, and some more u might find useful.

15. my guildies told me haste was bugged and pets didn't benefit from it, is that true? how does it work then? ty

First ... 21011121314 ... Last