1. UH PvP Dk feels weaker than it should

Dunno if its only me but i kinda feel dk is underpowered compared to the retail edition, dunno if there is any changes made in warmane but i def feel underpowered here, getting pawned by lower geared hunters in 1v1 duels and in BG i cant even get close to deal some dmg before i get bursted down by ranged, i am running 33k hp and 1100 res. Its supposed to be a hero class but it doesnt feel like it used to be back in the day, thus i got a lot better gear now than i used to. What do you guys think?

2. Your first mistake is comparing Warmane to retail, which runs on different patch (that belongs to Cataclysm) and has heavily altered values to provide.dopamine kick for players.

3. i am not talking about current wotlk 3.4 but the first one back in 2008 that was running mostly on 3.3.5, also 3.4 that runs on current wotlk in retail is not cata, maybe its pre cata but its def not cata its still wotlk, whats the second mistake? All i see here is overpowered hunters and shamans and nerfed dk's and i wonder if its only me that is noticing this kind of difference. At least if class balance has been altered by warmane why dont they publish the changes so we know exactly what has been altered?

4. If anything, dks are too overpowered. You're not supposed to be able to beat every single class, and every single spec, in every single situation.

5. Do you have any video/stream of your gameplay? Will be helpful info so we can breakdown what you're doing right and what you're not doing so well over the whole duel.

6. Bro, full pve hunters and awarr is nothing new here, even some casters are going full pve with pocket healers and they are melting everyone, Nothing new happening here. Getting in to bg with vs pve hunters is like, you see them and u are dead if u dont force proc IBF

7. July 1, 2023  
    no i am talking about full PvE ones but full PvP hunters and warriors with worst or same gear and mleting me 1v1 or in bg's, i play dk since 2008 i am pretty sure i know my staff and i tell you this is not the dk i remember from wotlk back in the day there is def something messed up here(death strike is healing way less that it was healing in blizz wotlk). Check arena ladder also there is no DK's in top slots not even one.... How is this possible for a ''hero'' class that is using the only legendary weapon in the game? And other classes are tweaked as well like hunters are boosted shamans are boosted and warriors are also boosted, this is my personal estimation, if i am wrong please correct me, but even if you do you cant really convince me otherwise after 1.5 year of playing in this server, i find that balance is not the original of the blizz wotlk but it has been changed to favour some classes and nerf some others...

8. July 1, 2023  
    i donated like 350 euro to warmane to support the server for delivering a high quality wotlk especially forstmourne was perefect with timewalking mythic dungeons and raids! when i could buy full geared accounts for like 20 euro with same gear and max level and proffesions! but not i preffered to spent much more money here to support their effort but i am not having fun at all after i moved to icecrown, at first i thought it was my faction, i was horde and i was losing all bg's now i faction change to alliance and now horde is winning all bg's in 1v1 i get rekt from hunters shamans warriors, i have dk with smourne and bis trinkets and i am not having fun, this is not right, this is not how it was supposed to be. I am not bad player, nor the best either but i am decent, i tell you sir in BG i cant get close to target cause i get melted by hunters or anything ranged but especially hunters do very very high dmg. This is not right at all. I hope you appreciate my feedback and not target me for an attack like it always happends from you know the usual ''gatekeepers'' that are lurking in forums, i am pretty sure many other ppl have the same opinion as me and are quiting the game or not playing as much because of this outcome.

9. July 1, 2023  
    It's for 2 reasons mainly:

1)DK is not a bursty/fast-paced class and does not scale as good as other classes with HC pve gear meta, thats why it's OP in early seasons and tend to decline in a bis gear environment.
    2)DK is a low floor, low ceiling class; thats means that is super user-friendly and easy to learn and play efficently in fast time, it does wreck people in a noob-average skill envinronment, but after that there isn't much room for improvement.

Now, back on retail people was way less geared and way less skilled, that's why dk were monsters. On warmane there is a lot of bis people and average skill is higher, that's why it does not scale as good.

Does that mean that it sucks? No, it still remain a strong class and overall the best for 1v1 with; it is simply on par with the others and you have to put effort to gain results, unlike back in the days.

10. July 2, 2023  
    Yes i think this makes sense, dk is not a very low skill ceiling class but rather an average - mid tier one, especially if you try to max hes potential using macros to fully control hes pet skill ceiling is even higher, despite all this conversastion leads me to one conclusion, that DK should get a small buff in survivability aka death strike, to be able to be competative in warmane envoirment.

11. July 2, 2023  
    Chiming in as a DK main. Been playing DK for quite some time (since molten!), got 120k+ HKs, reached 2.2k 2v2 with every healer, 2v2 3v3 with TSG, 2.3k with SP, the class has had its fixes here and there as the server got better over the years, but I assure you DK never ever felt weak. It's quite the hero class, especially vs good ol' casters or anyone out in the open.

It's true that the average skill level got higher since there are plenty old players around, you should welcome the challenge and get to improve your gameplay. We don't need more healing, we have an amazing toolkit already - just need better execution.

12. July 7, 2023  
    Dks fall behind in pvp when ICC/RS hit the scene since they don't scale as well with pve gear as lets say warriors, hunters or rogues, thus they're at a disadvantage. Another problem is our lack of burst compared to a ret paladin for example. We also lack healing reduction effects. We have pressure like an affli lock, but no spammable ccs.
    We also don't have a good secondary stat:
    - armor pen is nice for our strikes, but useless for our spells;
    - haste is good for garg and ghoul, but sucks for the rest;
    - we don't scale that well with crit;
    These issues get fixed in cataclysm, where we get necrotic strike as a heal reduction ability, haste reduces our rune cooldown, and to balance that out our survivability gets nerfed. Hence why in 3.3.5 dks suck in arena, while in 4.3.4 they're beasts.

13. hello.
    Im playing Udk as well here i am currently at 31k hp with 1200 resill, my feelings about udk are good,i can beat any other class and they can beat me if i play wrong, it's true that the full pve hunters whit 6.5 gs melted me on bgs a lot of times but i definitely feels like i have chance vs any other class, and i feel especially strong against ret pala, locks, fire mages, and boomies. all the rest are just fine, this is my opinion.

14. Only here you would read that one of the strongest if not the strongest spec feels "weak" in pvp.

With a glyphed AMS practically all a hunter can do for seven seconds is cast steady shot.