1. June 7, 2019  
    Frost is possible yes, but again, blood will do a better job.
    I mean dont get me wrong, frost is a great tanking spec, meaning: you should not care what others say, as long as you tank the boss properly, but blood is simply a safer way.
    All in all, there is nothing special when going full frost, in comparison to double aura blood spec, rotations are the same, same cooldown on def CDs (VB is a lot better overall than UA), on top of that you have more healing and WotN with blood.

When it come to spec, the one i prefer is:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0E...xbxVMhz:pihMV0
    mainly for the extra threat, since the avoidance spec is mainly needed in fights like Lich King 25m hc and Halion 25m hc, where again, 5% extra dodge cant help a lot.

There is no need to be in any other presence than Frost when tanking.
    Like really, your dmg is bad anyway, you lose **** ton of threat and you are more likely to die.
    Stick to Frost presence and dont think about it too much, keep it simple.

2. Guys i need to know.
    i have 5.6 gs, 26 expertise, and hit capped. I also have 586 defense because of gems. My question is, ¿Is it worth to get like 600 defense or should i just capped it in 540 and go for other stats? hope u can help me. cheers! (im dk blood btw)

3. Just go for stam. 540 def is just prevent you from getting crit by bosses. Stam has more value after that.

4. July 2, 2019  
    Very nice guide and explanation which help me alot during last 2 weeks when i decide to make DK tank . Its already 6k gs in ICC seems good but yesterday ... I just got inv for RS 25n and was rdy to tank inside , the 3 bosses before him was fine but when come to Halion very bad , i dont have 4 parts yet , one of the trinket is very bad also , try few times in toc to farm Heart but didnt drop it . My nick is Buumblebee , when we going yesterday for Halion i had 32k armor , 25 expertise which is preety low for that boss when the min cap is 26 and hard is 56 if remember corect , when i get inside first 10 sec was fine but then happen to like one shot me , there was not even cutter , right before cutter one shot . Is that becouse of the parry haste or not rdy yet for Halion with those armor ? My def is 548 , the armor seems a little bit low comparing to my bis prot pally which i have it .

5. July 2, 2019  
    Very nice guide and explanation which help me alot during last 2 weeks when i decide to make DK tank . Its already 6k gs in ICC seems good but yesterday ... I just got inv for RS 25n and was rdy to tank inside , the 3 bosses before him was fine but when come to Halion very bad , i dont have 4 parts yet , one of the trinket is very bad also , try few times in toc to farm Heart but didnt drop it . My nick is Buumblebee , when we going yesterday for Halion i had 32k armor , 25 expertise which is preety low for that boss when the min cap is 26 and hard is 56 if remember corect , when i get inside first 10 sec was fine but then happen to like one shot me , there was not even cutter , right before cutter one shot . Is that becouse of the parry haste or not rdy yet for Halion with those armor ? My def is 548 , the armor seems a little bit low comparing to my bis prot pally which i have it .
    I doubt that's really tanks fault. If you use defencive and more selfheals when cutter(healer have to move) or healer has debuff, everything should be alright.
    Get 4 part t10 ASAP.

Most likely you got oneshot from corporeality, I assume you got Breath+melee with 20% dmg incr, so down you go.
    Pets standing in front - possible more pressure from parry haste.
    Bad healers, they lagging, made a mistake or whatever.

Some of these things line up and can "oneshot" BiS tank too, it's not just about tank. How many times did you get oneshoted?

I assume you are tanking about Normal, probably its possible to do Heroic too with that gear - with master healers and if you know exactly what and when to use. After 20 wipes things will align and you will kill it.

6. July 3, 2019  
    There was no pets infront of me , probably my mistake . I play dk tank like from 3 weeks never play before . Its seems hard to predict when to use self healing on breath and meledmg comming . May need time to get it better . Ye i talk for RS 25N , maybe you can make it with that gear , i do it when my bear was like 5.8 gs but with dk seems harder for me . And yes we moving the boss and i didnt use any cd , but was think i can wait till cutter come and then to use any kind of CD .

7. July 3, 2019  
    There was no pets infront of me , probably my mistake . I play dk tank like from 3 weeks never play before . Its seems hard to predict when to use self healing on breath and meledmg comming . May need time to get it better . Ye i talk for RS 25N , maybe you can make it with that gear , i do it when my bear was like 5.8 gs but with dk seems harder for me . And yes we moving the boss and i didnt use any cd , but was think i can wait till cutter come and then to use any kind of CD .
    Well those are most dangerous moments, healers have to move, means way less healing on you, especially if low experience. Same as debuff, and then cutter and debuff at the same time. You need to see immediately when you healer has debuff and use something. Ask your retri palas to Aura mastery Breaths during cutter and Hand of sacrifice when needed. Maybe ask retri palas to dispel debuff instead of healers to not lose any heal casts.

You need to identify reason for wipe. Replace healaers, pay more attention to corporeality, etc.

8. July 3, 2019  
    Well those are most dangerous moments, healers have to move, means way less healing on you, especially if low experience. Same as debuff, and then cutter and debuff at the same time. You need to see immediately when you healer has debuff and use something. Ask your retri palas to Aura mastery Breaths during cutter and Hand of sacrifice when needed. Maybe ask retri palas to dispel debuff instead of healers to not lose any heal casts.

You need to identify reason for wipe. Replace healaers, pay more attention to corporeality, etc.
    Thanks for respond angrylol. Im preety surebis my mistake, i had shaman, holy pala and priest healers and didnt see often tank to die like that. With more practice and gear after that i should getting better. Will start raiding on 10 hc or even normal, no good to wipe 25 people becouse you dont know how to play your class. Thanks

9. July 3, 2019  
    One major downside of DK tanks is that they're the only tanks dependent on people other than themselves to provide boss AP reduction buffs. Was one of your warriors keeping Demo Shout up? That's ~10% damage reduction right there that you were probably missing. Know who your main healers are (usually a Hpally, but often also Rshammies or Rdruids - you can get this information checking your recount), and know how to self-heal a good bit if they get hit with a debuff or something that leaves them needing to stop healing for a bit.

In RS the best time for CDs are during unfavorable Corp, and while Cutters are happening. Make sure you're reacting to these situations correctly.

Some general DK tanking advice that's worth re-iterating:
    - Make sure your Blade Barrier uptime is solid.
    - You want to be using all your Frost and Unholy pairs on Death Strikes and Icy Touch. You should be specced into Death Rune Mastery. Ideally you don't really want to Plague Strike again after the first time you put it up - the Pestilence glyph and Death Rune Mastery talent make this possible.
    - In RS you don't exactly have to taunt a lot. It can be worth dropping the taunt glyph for something that might help your survival a bit, like the Rune Tap glyph.
    - Don't neglect the existence of your Ghoul heal. Use Mark of Blood too if you're specced into it.
    - It's often a great idea to set your Hpally on focus and track his Holy Light casts. If you see him cancelling any cast or stopping his Holy Light casts for a moment it might be good to furiously mash the Death Strike button.

10. July 3, 2019  
    ...there was not even cutter , right before cutter one shot . Is that becouse of the parry haste...
    As for this, afaik and correct me if I'm wrong but there's no parry haste in the shadow realm, so the problem wasn't there for sure. Only the Halion tank in the physical realm has to worry about parry haste.

11. July 3, 2019  
    As for this, afaik and correct me if I'm wrong but there's no parry haste in the shadow realm, so the problem wasn't there for sure. Only the Halion tank in the physical realm has to worry about parry haste.
    in last 9 months there is parryhaste inside to sadly, and u can see it on death log when it happen

12. July 3, 2019  
    Was one of your warriors keeping Demo Shout up? That's ~10% damage reduction right there that you were probably missing.

In RS the best time for CDs are during unfavorable Corp, and while Cutters are happening. Make sure you're reacting to these situations correctly.

Some general DK tanking advice that's worth re-iterating:
    - You want to be using all your Frost and Unholy pairs on Death Strikes and Icy Touch. You should be specced into Death Rune Mastery. Ideally you don't really want to Plague Strike again after the first time you put it up - the Pestilence glyph and Death Rune Mastery talent make this possible.
    - In RS you don't exactly have to taunt a lot. It can be worth dropping the taunt glyph for something that might help your survival a bit, like the Rune Tap glyph
    Not sure if warrior use it , there was 3 warriors , should addet to tellmewhen but i forgot to do on my dk sadlly . That point its seems rly hard for me to get it . Last icc10 which i play it i try few different ways , and sometimes cant get it . To not use ice touch which generate threat and to save runes for Death Strike , and on some fight like i do only auto attack and wait for dmg to come so i can use Death Strike . Maybe is simple but i never play before dk so is like new class to me , may need time to get it , to not panic to much . With dudu was the same first 2-3 weeks but now is fine , even manage to tank lod yesterday .

13. July 3, 2019  
    no good to wipe 25 people becouse you dont know how to play your class. Thanks
    That's how it goes and is inevitable. Sure it's great idea to train up in 10mans, but still, part of being tank is that feeling when when you wipe the raid and its 100% on you. It will happen no matter what, everyone makes mistakes, do not be discouraged.

14. July 3, 2019  
    Not sure if warrior use it , there was 3 warriors , should addet to tellmewhen but i forgot to do on my dk sadlly . That point its seems rly hard for me to get it . Last icc10 which i play it i try few different ways , and sometimes cant get it . To not use ice touch which generate threat and to save runes for Death Strike , and on some fight like i do only auto attack and wait for dmg to come so i can use Death Strike . Maybe is simple but i never play before dk so is like new class to me , may need time to get it , to not panic to much . With dudu was the same first 2-3 weeks but now is fine , even manage to tank lod yesterday .
    The number of warriors on the server who'd get into an RS 25N pug and then automatically apply Demo Shout for their DK tank without being asked to can probably be counted on one hand. It's pretty safe to assume you weren't getting them.

You shouldn't have as many threat issues as you seem to be having. You mentioned something about auto-attacks - you're queuing Rune Strike as often as possible right? That should be responsible for a massive chunk of your threat.

15. July 4, 2019  
    your gear, while not the best, looks fine for rs25n. in my experience of tanking it, i've never felt the need to use a 56 exp set (i didn't even have this gear back then) and in a pug setting it's likely that - a) mdps are positioned poorly and getting parried anyway; b) healers weren't topping off the tank and didn't know how to strafe heal correctly. you should rotate your small cds whenever moving: ams and/or sindra trinket on the breath, vamp blood, pet eat, rune tap and work on t10 asap because it's an extremely useful cd for us. be wary of using army of the dead as a def cd here because the ghouls attack from the front and may trigger a big string of hasted melee. use IBF for heavy dmg spikes like when a main healer has consumption or when corporeality becomes unbearable. your cds are cheap to use, unlike a paladin's, so make good use of them. ask for hsac, am, raid sacs from rets/hpalas and ps from disc priest when you feel like you need it because chances are that they're not even using those buttons anyway in an unoptimized run.

since you're coming from a prot pala, you'll notice that dk has less passive mitigation so make a habit of keeping a track of what's going on like darkenedhue said. track inspiration from discs / ancestral fortitude from shamans, sacred shields, beacons, demo shout. i would suggest tracking boss dmg through a combat text addon so you can death strike immediately after the hit. you generally want to talk to a warrior about keeping up demo shout because this debuff is like having several thousands of extra armor.

for troubleshooting low threat - it sounds like you aren't queueing rune strike enough. you should have no problem with threat with some help from hunters and/or rogues as a dk, even without spamming icy touch with all your runes. dks have a lot of atk power and rune strike is buffed from 9% extra physical dmg and 5% extra melee haste from talents. if you've ever played a warrior, this is like spamming heroic strike. i have rune strike binded to scroll down on mouse so that i can always utilize it whenever it's up. this will do so much threat alone with a weapon like yours that it's not even funny. not to mention that you get free avoidance from it too. a lot of people like to macro rune strike into all of their abilities, but i don't personally suggest doing this because in the very small chance you end up runic power starved, you won't have enough runic power to use a defensive cooldown. change talents a bit and go 2/5 in Black Ice or 2/2 in Icy Reach (underrated talent - helps in reaching inferno in rs hc if they spawn too far, ragings, adds on lady, etc) and max out Killing Machine.

minor nitpicking but go use the armor enchant on cloak instead of engi parachute.
    Edited: July 4, 2019

First ... 21011121314 ... Last