1. Defence cap is 539. That means bosses can't land crushing blows on you(crit immunity). Doesn't matter if its Naxxaramas or ICC 25hc. If you go and tank 25hc bosses with your t9 set and 539 defence bosses wont do crushing blows on you, but they will still most likely oneshot you because you simply don't have enough armor/health.
    Defence is not a good marker to tell when you are ready for 25hc. It's a thing in early gearing process, that's all.

2. I just pick up the equip in hc dungeons, for emblems etc., and my question is... It is worth put gems for stamina bonus (+6 stamina, +9 stamina) ?

3. Some people will say YES.
    Some people will say NO.

I consider it to be worth if u use couple of 10hit15stam and/or 10exp15stam gems to cap Hit and Expertise.
    From my pov +9 are ALWAYS worth, while +6 are only worth if like 1 or 2 gems will cap that Hit and Expertise (26), but no more i guess...

4. Thx Gnimo! Can you recommend me some crafting equip which would be worth buying?

5. If you are not in a guild that is going to carry you, and you have to gear on ur own, all those crafting items are welcome if you have the gold.

I made those 226 ulduar, 245 toc and 264 icc boe items, on top of buying icc trash items on my fdk dps, and changed them rather quickly, for better items that dropped in icc10hc and 25mnormal.
    I was lucky with the drops, but without the gs and stats those items gave me, i wouldnt been able to get in the raids in the first place.

So, all in all, its completely on you if you are going to buy/make/farm those items.

Just dont be one of those guys that tank with healing belt and cloth shoulders.......

6. Hey Gnimo. First of all, thank you for the guide, I refer to it often for itemization, rotating CDs and looking at talents.

I just had one question that I couldn't find an answer for.

This is a variation of the spec I use for my guild's ICC10 runs as MT - https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0E...xbxcMIz:ipm0Mm
    Well, a variation of it, cause i'm under hit cap so 1 pt from glacier rot goes to virulence

Anyway, my question was regarding Spell Deflection and how useful it is. A few told me that it's useless in ICC because it's only for Keleseth, but imo it's probably better than Bloody Vengeance or Bloody Strikes when it comes to survivability as we know DK threat will come from IT. But I've also heard that this does not work on boss spells from some people. What's your take on it?

Also how is the EoF trinket? The stamina on it seems great but the on use effect would probably only absorb say 1 of marrowgar's cleaves every 2 mins so it doesn't seem that good to me. As I'm still gearing, am still using The Black Heart because of both the stamina and armor proc.

7. I think we had a discussion somewhere on the forums how usefull Spell Deflection is...
    Whoever says it works only on Keleseth, never tryed to understand or learn the talent.
    I tought it worked that way aswell long time ago, and than i used Google and searched the real usage and the meaning behind the text, i also tested it in game.

Spell Deflection can work on both spells like Keleseths Shadow Lance, and can also work and reduce the dmg of Sindragosas Breath, and can also work against some kind of AoE, probably it can reduce Infest initial DMG hit aswell.
    The only thing Spell Deflection cant reduce is Damage Over Time spells, something like Infest tick, after the first initial dmg is done.

So any kind of Burst DMG that comes at your way, Single Target, AoE, Cone, it all can get reduced.
    "Direct spells are spells that apply all the damage or healing at one time. That is, they have an instant duration." This is from WoWwiki.

So, all in all, Spell Deflection IS WORTH taking over any other talent, mainly cos u dont need those extra Aggro Talents like Bloody Strikes.

As for EoF trinket, its good i guess.
    I would rate it 3rd best stamina trinket, after Sindragosas (25m hc ICC) and Champion Faction (25m hc ToC) trinkets.
    So, its worth spending 30 emblems on i guess.
    However, if u dont have 4/5 or if u have bad Belt, while having solid trinkets, i would suggest going for T10 or that Armor Belt first.

As for your spec, i would go for something like this:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0E...xVMhzZz:pimm0M
    You can also use Blood Tap glyph instead of Taunt one, if u feel like its going to be more helpfull for both you and the raid/grp.

8. I can't open either one of those talent trees... It redirects me to some kind of Defender sight.....

9. Hey guys ,can someone send link talents for begginer tank (blood or frost dk) ,tnx :)
    Edited: September 28, 2018

10. Hey guys ,can someone send link talents for begginer tank (blood or frost dk) ,tnx :)
    My 2 cents:

DnD threat is now working properly. You can use gnimo's dungeon hero spec or try blood tanking, which I suggest as this will most probably be your raiding spec. There will be times you will be asked to pick up multiple adds (ony, anub, ldw, gs, ldw, halion miniboss and hc, etc.) as a blood tank so you should definitely practice trash tanking on blood. If you've never tanked on a dk before, rdf can teach you a bit about how the blood spec works.

For farming dungeons, I would suggest a spec like this for blood - https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0E...00MZ0xG:ohpm0M
    Try to get 2 pc t9 for lower taunt cooldown and 2 pc t10 (although I would prioritize belt and cloak first) if you keep running HCs as DnD will give much more aggro on aoe. Get the addons tidyplates and omen and spam IT and rune strike on low threat targets. DnD and disease are your main glyph and rest you can do as you wish. Rune tap is pretty good while gearing. You can even use Glyph of Dark Death for more dmg. For trash packs, I like doing DnD > IT > PS > Pesti and then dump runic power, taunting and death gripping mobs that you lose. Tab target a lot to keep threat up. After that rotation, use death strikes to heal, blood boil/heart strike (when there are 2 mobs left) for dmg, IT to keep threat up. Ask hunters/rogues for misdirections/tricks for tricky mobs. Pop blood tap if you need to squeeze in an extra IT. ERW as an oh **** button when u lose all mobs and need to place another dnd/spam IT. Rotate cooldowns as necessary.

Note that this spec isn't min-maxed at all for raiding, so look at gnimo's specs for the raid specs (I would suggest going maximum survivability if you're low geared). I tank RDF HC in variations of those specs, so if you know what you're doing, you'll be more than fine.
    Edited: September 30, 2018

11. Hi guys!
    What is the best race for alliance DK tank? Only dwarf or draenei come into consideration?

12. @pbch
    I would take Human duo to 3 extra Expertise for Glorenzelg.
    If you want to use Cryptmaker, Dwarf is the best option.
    If you want to use Bryntroll, Draenei is the best option.

It all comes to which weapon u want to tank with when u reach BiS.

@aymxn7
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0E...x0MZ0xb:ohpM0m
    This spec would work a bit better, since most of the times, if u use ur runes constantly, you wont be able to do DnD more than every 17+ sec.
    20% Melee Haste is a lot better than 10 yards on IT and 10sec CD reduction on Death Grip, mainly since ur Melee and Rune Strike DMG is the thing you do most DMG with and most single target Threat after IT.
    However, if u think u need both DG and DnD CD reduction, i would go for:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0E...x0MZ0xG:ohpM0m
    Since 6% extra Shadowfrost DMG is nowhere near 20% extra Melee DMG.

13. Hey Gnimo. Good job on the guide.

I've been gearing up my DK, and I have some questions that I don't believe have been answered on any of DK threads, since I've read them all.

1) I know that many said that VotN reduces the damage taken when DK is bellow 35% health. But I just want to confirm this. For example if I have 28% and hit brings me down to 26% is that hit reduced by this talent ? In theory it should be because that damage did bring me bellow 35% but it didn't start at that point.

2) Can someone explain Frigid Dreadplate talent ? It reduces the chance of melee attacks to miss you, but how does this affect dodge and how is it compared to dodge. Also what's the comparison between Frigid Dreadplate and Anticipation ?

3) Scent of Blood and Chill of the Grave. Are those talents necessary for keeping up good amount of runic power ? Also if I bind Rune Strike to all my abilities, what are the chances of becoming Runic Power starved in boss fight and not having enough for def cds ?

4) Is dual-wielding bad ? What are the man differences between 2x1h and 2h weapons for tanks ?

5) Improved Death Strike, how does the healing bonus affect DK ?

6) Since I am pugging a lot, what stats should I look for in a two handed weapon ? Are dpsers going to have more priority over the item ? Also I don't plan on making my DK bis, just full t10, so what would be the best weapon for me if I do manly icc10 ?

That's it I guess, if I have more questions I'll stop by again.

14. Since most of the questions are kinda... meh... il answer them fast.

1) As the talent says itself, read it and it will all be clear. All the DMG that would take you below and/or all dmg taken below 35%.

2) Its 3% less chance to get hit, simple as that. Same as Dodge, both work the same.

3) I find Chill of the Grave really usefull so i go for it always.

4) DW is not that bad, u gain a bit more avoidance, you lose **** ton of threat.

5) It increases the healing as if you had 1 more disease on the target (again, read the talent).

6) Any two handed weapon works from what i know. You can even go for Battered Hilt quest Agility 2h Sword.

As for new questions, make sure you read both guide and your spells.

P.S. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER make macroes that bind Rune Strike, Heroic Strike, Cleave or anything that will make u starve on any kind of resources.
    Always, ALWAYS, use a separate bind for Rune Strike (Heroic Strike, Cleave, any spell that works like that).
    Binding those spells to other spells is equal to clicking your abilities. You dont want that. You dont want to be a nob.
    I personally use Scroll Down/Up for those kind of spells and bind Zoom In/Out to Page Up/Down near Print Screen/Delete section of the keyboard.

First ... 678910 ... Last