1. Is it too late to start?

I've been playing on Lordaeron for a while now, and the server quality and community is great and all, but I just don't have that much time on my hands to get to 80 in a reasonable amount of time.

I am thinking of switching to Icecrown, however from what I've heard Icecrowns is a pretty old realm and players are way ahead in terms of gs and progression. If I want to do Naxx and ToC is it too late to start now?

Also, about how long in game time does it take to hit 80?

2. There certainly are players willing to PROGRESS through Naxx, Ulduar and ToC but they are very rare as players here are playing on this server to enjoy Icecrown CItadel; the latest content possible in 3.3 patch.

Normally, you would see something like "LFM Naxx/Ulduar for Achievements/T-mog scrolls! (unreasonable number)+ GS only!" which would leave you like "wtf?", but on their standard, that is pretty normal.

So, I would suggest you to not play Icecrown if you are not planning on playing Icecrown Citadel as your main raid. Anyone else who says other wise like "oh no, you can definitely go Naxxramas 25 every week" are blatantly lying UNLESS you get into a guild; but usually, guilds like that have closed community.

If you do professions while you level (which I highly recommend btw), it would take you about 3-4 days in-game play time. Believe it or not, leveling is actually NOT SO EASY over here because you simply just don't have enough gears to kill mobs efficiently. I recommend just keep on moving from green quests to green quests until Outland; anything yellow or red is just literally waste of time. You will kill one mob for a minute or close than sit down for mana/health for another 30 seconds... Better just go do green quests.

If you need help with anything, hit me up on forum PM! I will gladly assist you.

3. That was very quick and helpful, thanks!

4. Unless you find a "progression guild" which do nax / unduar / toc in their starting 2-3 weeks or for a month or so..
    you are good to go.. ( after that they either go dead or people move to hardcore guild for end game content)
    or else.. get ready to read some moronic global spams as " LFM TOC need 5.5+ " ( don't know why they need 5.5 in toc)

but yes. if your have that time frame limit which most of us have because of jobs or studies. them icecrown is the place for you..

5. Hey man. Guild master from we raise again. We are doing a progression based guild. Atm we are doing ulduar/naxx

Check out the recruitment forum or /w me in game

Ign: Nickepicee

6. or else.. get ready to read some moronic global spams as " LFM TOC need 5.5+ " ( don't know why they need 5.5 in toc)
    I logged on my ally DK the other day and some guy was spamming global with "LFM Molten Core 6K GS+, Hand of Rag reserved!".
    It sums up this community pretty well.

7. I logged on my ally DK the other day and some guy was spamming global with "LFM Molten Core 6K GS+, Hand of Rag reserved!".
    let's not rob the OT with this topic :D

i guess there are loads of threads with this topic already.. with no definitive solution xD
    apart from finding a guild who knows what gear would be enough for what dung / raid.

@ OT.. just get in icecrown dude..
    if you come on Alliance side.. find us :D
    might be able to help you leveling. cheers

8. Only waste your time when join this sever. Even at ToC5 hc, almost people with 5k gs dont know tactic. i remembered when did toc5hc with 1 proct pala 5k6, 2 dps 5k, 1 healer 5k2 and me dps 4k8; healer cant keep people live and tanker dont know tactic at last boss so we got wipe 2 times and they kicked me because your gs is so low =))

9. It sums up this community pretty well.
    \
    What it sums up ?

The guy asks for huge GS for one reason - geared characters do lots of damage compare to crap geared players, wich means this run will be way faster. I believe, it's not his first run, so it doubles the reason.
    WHY should he ask for starter GS, when he is able to get bis guys and clear that outdated 10 years old instance within 20 minutes ?

This is hillarious how local freeloading tardlets are crying about high GS requirement on the FORUM, meanwhile they can just shut up and maketheir OWN RAIDS filled with 3.5gs tryhard gypsies.

10. Because not everybody is a raid leader.

And btw, don't you find passing stuff with inf gs a little boring? Take for example many dungeons - which, after you outilvl, the boss mechanics are pretty much skippable (insanity, dispersion, anub in toc, pvp fight in toc - even, if you want, nagrand & troll arenas).

Again - there are many players, who want to go to the raids, and also, want to to be able to get the cool items like Solace / Elevator lady bracers / etc, however are not organizers, nor can go with (their) guild. The summing of the community made by fanf is undeniable, save for exceptions of course.

Besides - if you have not donated ~200 Eu / $ in the beginning, have you not been a <insert your adjectives here> as well? Or you were the incarnation of the grind?

--- offtopic
    today opened surrenderat20, and in askriot they stated that being a rl gives you advantage for working there :O nice xd
    Edited: March 17, 2017

11. Because not everybody is a raid leader.
    Losers, who can not lead raids themselves with raid requirements they want should not force other leaders to follow the same requirements.

Most people would prefer bis speedrun raid over carryraid full of random low gs scrubs.

12. Losers, who can not lead raids themselves with raid requirements they want should not force other leaders to make the same requirements.

Most people would prefer bis speedrun raid over carryraid full of random low gs scrubs.
    i dont think theyre forcing other raid leaders to lower their gs req in raids. lol

13. i dont think theyre forcing other raid leaders to lower their gs req in raids. lol
    One tardlet above has written:
    I logged on my ally DK the other day and some guy was spamming global with "LFM Molten Core 6K GS+, Hand of Rag reserved!".
    What is it if not "omg why so high GS requirement, should be lower" ?

14. One tardlet above has written:

What is it if not "omg why so high GS requirement, should be lower" ?
    *calls someone a tardlet but never really gives a reason as to why the comment is ******ed*
    Stop being so aggressive rofl

15. *calls someone a tardlet but never really gives a reason as to why the comment is ******ed*
    Stop being so aggressive rofl
    Once again:

Any raid leader has all rights to create the requirements he wants for HIS raid wich HE leads.
    And only deep *****s are complaining over it on forum just because they do not fit the requirements and too bad to lead themselves.

12 Last