1. Priority

Hi guys,
    I've thought about this problem and I found different "solutions" but I don't know which one to practice, or even if it's an appropriate solution. So we have 2 targets, LB on one then instantly LB on the other target. So there is only a global cooldown time difference between those two. I cast fireballs and pyro on procs until they are supposed to explode. Now we're 0.5-1 sec before the first LB is supposed to explode and I just finished a fireball cast, I don't have a Hot Streak proc. Global cooldown is let's say 1.3 sec and fireball casting time is like 2.4 sec. So we're at 0.5-1 sec. That means that there is (0.5-1+global cooldown=1.8-2.3) before the second one should explode. If I start casting fireball I might lose a Hot Streak proc. Fire Blast and Scorch are DPS loses (except when I need to refresh Scorch). And waiting would be the worst option. Flamestrike which has a casting time around 1.6 sec might do some nice damage but it seems like a bad idea, because it can't proc HS mostly. My idea was to do something like saving a Hot Streak proc, which happened while LBs were ticking (before 0.5-1 sec), and using it instead of Scorch or Fire Blast when needed, that way I won't stack Hot Streaks and i'm not wasting DPS. But the fact is I can't always rely on that without enough crit. So what spell would have the highest priority in that case and how did you come to that conclusion?
    Good luck

2. Hello,

In this situation (with 2 or more targets), you need to keep in a corner of your head how many crits you have in store. I suppose you know how LB works to stack hot streaks (it was well explained in a topic a few weeks ago), so in this situation you need to check if after first LB explosion you get double crit or not. So you have to wait before taking your decision depending of outcome. What to do while waiting ? Casting a fireball, and being ready to cancel it if needed.

Here are outcomes of first LB explosion, I assume you are at 35+y so that you can use a gcd before your fireball hit target :
    No crit on main target : you can't get 2 HS from the 2 LB regardless of your crit previously in store and the outcome of 2nd LB, so you can keep casting your fireball.
    Crit on both targets : 1 : if you had one crit already => you get one crit in store+HS => if 2nd LB crit on main target you lose HS if you don't cancel fireball to use current HS. So in this situation you can totally consider canceling. 2 : If you have no crit in store you need crit on the 2 target of the 2nd explosion to overright your current HS, so it's more unlikely that you overright your HS tahn in case number 1. In this situation you can cancel fireball if more than 2 targets are getting hit by second LB, otherwise it's risky to cancel it.
    Crit on main target and not on 2nd target : 1 : if you have one crit in store you get HS and 0 crit in store, so you are exactly back to situation 2 that I described above. 2 : If you had no crit in store you are ****ed : the failed crit on 2nd target canceled your crit earned on first target, so you keep casting fireball.

Those are just examples of outcomes, everything is more complicated when you have a fireball flying between the 2 LB for example, which is often the case. So I won't enter further into details, I think you got the idea. A good firemage have to improvise, keeping in mind that cancelling a fireball cost more if it's almost finish, and less if you just started it. You have to make the decision based on possible outcomes, knowing your crit chance, and number of target hit.

For other spells I don't think it's worth it. Flamestrike you just said why, fireblast and scortch are instants so you don't have the benefit you get from fireball of being able to use a gcd before a new crit is stored. Furtheremore you should play out of range of those spells if possible.

Hope this help, any if you guys can pm me in game I like to talk theorycrafting,

Jinkho, main mage at MEMORIES (lord, horde).

3. Hello,

In this situation (with 2 or more targets), you need to keep in a corner of your head how many crits you have in store. I suppose you know how LB works to stack hot streaks (it was well explained in a topic a few weeks ago), so in this situation you need to check if after first LB explosion you get double crit or not. So you have to wait before taking your decision depending of outcome. What to do while waiting ? Casting a fireball, and being ready to cancel it if needed.

Here are outcomes of first LB explosion, I assume you are at 35+y so that you can use a gcd before your fireball hit target :
    No crit on main target : you can't get 2 HS from the 2 LB regardless of your crit previously in store and the outcome of 2nd LB, so you can keep casting your fireball.
    Crit on both targets : 1 : if you had one crit already => you get one crit in store+HS => if 2nd LB crit on main target you lose HS if you don't cancel fireball to use current HS. So in this situation you can totally consider canceling. 2 : If you have no crit in store you need crit on the 2 target of the 2nd explosion to overright your current HS, so it's more unlikely that you overright your HS tahn in case number 1. In this situation you can cancel fireball if more than 2 targets are getting hit by second LB, otherwise it's risky to cancel it.
    Crit on main target and not on 2nd target : 1 : if you have one crit in store you get HS and 0 crit in store, so you are exactly back to situation 2 that I described above. 2 : If you had no crit in store you are ****ed : the failed crit on 2nd target canceled your crit earned on first target, so you keep casting fireball.

Those are just examples of outcomes, everything is more complicated when you have a fireball flying between the 2 LB for example, which is often the case. So I won't enter further into details, I think you got the idea. A good firemage have to improvise, keeping in mind that cancelling a fireball cost more if it's almost finish, and less if you just started it. You have to make the decision based on possible outcomes, knowing your crit chance, and number of target hit.

For other spells I don't think it's worth it. Flamestrike you just said why, fireblast and scortch are instants so you don't have the benefit you get from fireball of being able to use a gcd before a new crit is stored. Furtheremore you should play out of range of those spells if possible.

Hope this help, any if you guys can pm me in game I like to talk theorycrafting,

Jinkho, main mage at MEMORIES (lord, horde).
    Hey thanks for replying. I actually started that topic regarding the LB and HS procs (if we're talking about the same one) so I understand pretty much everything you said. I think it's better than flamestrike and other things, but it's still canceling a cast and that's a DPS loss. I'll try it out experiment with it and I might whisp you in-game regarding some details.
    Cheers :)

4. Hi fieryfrostyflow,

How to avoid this situation you describe :
    Don't put yourself in this situation, if you are fighting against 2 targets : when you put your LBs, put and LB on the first cast a fireball and put your second in the second target, this way you will avoid the situation you describe, you will not loose any HS proc because you will always have the time of casting a FB between the 2 explosions =)

Tiny.