1. It's a really simple concept. Both ways means both parts give and take. If we were talking about physical things, you ask for a refund of something that became obsolete, you return the item. On digital things it becomes much trickier, but for example, what would happen if you emailed Blizzard that you wanted a refund of your subscriptions, because you paid them to play expansion Y and they moved to expansion Y without you agreeing with it, which rendered the gear you farmed for obsolete?

Either way, this is all conjecturing. I don't see any refund happening unless Neltharion closes, and there's no talk about closing it. There's the talk about making "copying" a character to a higher expansion with a fee, but that would still be copying - with the exact same gear - not refunding, nor free upgrading.

2. Ok you know what, im actually done with this server. Arguing with Blizzard is really the least thing you should do cause they apply at least a bug free experience instead of this here. I dont know what your philosophy is, but telling me you move an expansion like Blizzard would do is really triggering me. Im on molten since 2013 and since back then WotLK is played and also Cataclysm is here for several years. If i want conditions like on Retail (every 2 years a new content round about) i would play there. The truth is you just sit out the whole scenario around neltharion and want people to go for new donations on the other realms. Its just the fact you could not handle the flood of coins out there given back to all People that donated for Cataclysm through the years. Not to mention when i was donating it was the only way to even aquire those Items since you never made it to implement these things even if People donated for Development Improve.
    And there cant be a simple concept of this whole anyways, since we talk about ''Donations'' which always come within a compensation. So its more like a sub anyways.
    Edited: March 16, 2017

First 12