1. Stolen Character?

Hello.
    About 4 months back, I used to play on Icecrown (now on MoP), had an alt with a name I really liked. Now I'm thinking of going back to ICC but that alt of mine is no longer in my account. The other characters are still there. So my question is, does Warmane staff delete characters that's been dormant for a few months if people appealed so that they can get the name? Also, what can I do to get my character back?

Edit : On searching the armory, I've found a holy paladin with same name in ICC with beginner achievements that date back 4 months ago.

2. No, we don't automatically delete characters after any amount of time. Occasionally we will have an inactivity wipe, but they are a rare thing and always widely announced beforehand. There also was none in a long time, much longer than 4 months. The only way for your character to be missing is for it to have been manually deleted from inside the account. No, there's no way to appeal to get the name back and it would only be available for restoration for 30 days after deletion, then gone for good.

3. So if someone hacked into my account, deleted the toon so he/she could get the name, and I didn't log on for 30 days, I'm screwed? Is this because there's no way for staff to confirm whether or not the account was hacked after 30 days period?

Edit : Believe me, there's no way I'd give up the name myself. It was the most important thing I had on Icecrown realm, good enough to the point that I'd sometimes get whispers congratulating me on the name when I logged in on it.
    Edited: March 17, 2017

4. Pretty much. And no, who did it isn't relevant. 30 days to undo it is quite a long time, and we offer enough tools to keep an account secure. I'm going to assume you didn't/don't have 2-step authentication active? And that's assuming it wasn't just someone who you allowed to access the account or who had direct access to your computer while you were logged on.

5. I didn't have 2-step authentication active. I'm the only one who knows the account name and password, only one who has access to my PC. Seeing as you already gave your answer and it's not bound to change, it doesn't matter anymore. You can close this thread.

Edit : If someone can hack into an account just knowing the name of a character in that account, and 2 step authentication is the only way to prevent that, I'd suggest making it mandatory for all users. I've learnt my lesson.
    Edited: March 17, 2017