1. Lordaeron - Mage PvE profss and spec

Hey all,

I'm playing my mage here on Lordaeron. As the title says, what would you suggest for PvE professions and talent spec (leveling and end game).
    Thanks in advance!

Hopca

2. Professions : Engineering and Tailoring.
    Spec : I'm not sure but i think in content release on Lorderon, Arcane must be the best spec to play end game. Fire will be interesting strating at ICC.

Tiny.

3. Tailoring and JC offer the highest average SP gains. Engineering is another option with a rather powerful non-SP bonus and a handful of other neat perks. You will probably want any 2 of these 3 professions to optimize your toon's performance in a raid.

4. Engi+tail is the best choice under some conditions.
    Tailoring gives you 98.3 spell power in average and engineering gives you 340 haste for 12 sec with a cooldown of 1 minute, boots enchant for critical situations, and the saronite bombs. You should use the hands enchant when you have trinket/cloak procs. What many people don't know is that Saronite bombs actually scale with spell power and that is the dealbreaker between JC and engi. If you aren't going to use them I suggest you to take JC. Also you can try and time your saronite bombs with trinket/cloak procs to maximize their use.

5. Engi+tail is the best choice under some conditions.
    Tailoring gives you 98.3 spell power in average and engineering gives you 340 haste for 12 sec with a cooldown of 1 minute, boots enchant for critical situations, and the saronite bombs. You should use the hands enchant when you have trinket/cloak procs. What many people don't know is that Saronite bombs actually scale with spell power and that is the dealbreaker between JC and engi. If you aren't going to use them I suggest you to take JC. Also you can try and time your saronite bombs with trinket/cloak procs to maximize their use.
    Holy ****, i had no idea bombs scale with sp, i kind of doubt but does pyro rocket also scale ?

6. Engi+tail is the best choice under some conditions.
    My god finnally a good engineer !!!

' love you bro !

I was feeling that i'm the only mage who actually use Saronite Bombs and Saper charge !

This two equiments made engineer a must have for every dps class/spec.

For ppl not yet convince, when i use Saronites bombs and saper charge they give me arround 60k additionnal damages for the saper charge and 50k for the saronite bomb, in only one LK encounter !! And this is damages gcd free !

Tiny.

7. My god finnally a good engineer !!!

' love you bro !

I was feeling that i'm the only mage who actually use Saronite Bombs and Saper charge !

This two equiments made engineer a must have for every dps class/spec.

For ppl not yet convince, when i use Saronites bombs and saper charge they give me arround 60k additionnal damages for the saper charge and 50k for the saronite bomb, in only one LK encounter !! And this is damages gcd free !

Tiny.
    Yeah engineering in general has a lot of utility you just have to learn how to use it. Also saronite bombs don't spread the damage when there are multiple targets. For eample if it hits one target for 2k then it will hit 3 targets for 2k each as well. 2k on one target per minute is like 33.33 DPS, with more targets and procs this will only go higher.

8. If Saronite Bombs are really scaling with spellpower, then that's a bug.

9. I don't mean to sound arrogant or anything, i'm really interested in what you said because I tried to find the spell power coefficient for it and I didn't find anything close to that. So if you have some proof that it's a bug and not how it should be, or at least intuitively why it should be a bug, please do tell. You can test it easily, drop a bomb on a dummy with full spell power gear and then without it, the difference is more than obvious.

10. If Saronite Bombs are really scaling with spellpower, then that's a bug.
    To my mind, and assuming what I saw, but i'm not sure about it, I will verify this evening, Saronite bombs don't scales with spellpower, but benefit from the fire damages increasements, and that seems legit : http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=41119 "fires damages",
    So to my mind the only things which is improving your Saronite bombs are things like the talent "Fire Power" (even if he mentionned "by your fire spells" saronite bomb can be inclued in, to my mind). Another thing which is buffing the saronite bomb damages : Flame cap http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=22788 (based on the exact same principe).
    Speaking of bug, idk i have no sources yet, as i said i'll try to find some, but the fact buffs which improve fire damages also increase saronites bombs damages seems legit (to my mind).

Tiny.
    Edited: March 21, 2017 Reason: Orthography

11. Eng also has a cloak enchant which gives 27 sp.

12. To my mind, and assuming what I saw, but i'm not sure about it, I will verify this evening, Saronite bombs don't scales with spellpower, but benefit from the fire damages increasements, and that seems legit : http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=41119 "fires damages",
    So to my mind the only things which is improving your Saronite bombs are things like the talent "Fire Power" (even if he mentionned "by your fire spells" saronite bomb can be inclued in, to my mind). Another thing which is buffing the saronite bomb damages : Flame cap http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=22788 (based on the exact same principe).
    Speaking of bug, idk i have no sources yet, as i said i'll try to find some, but the fact buffs which improve fire damages also increase saronites bombs damages seems legit (to my mind).

Tiny.
    Saronite bombs do deal fire damage but I tested it while specced fire first with gear and then naked. What might be correct is that they scale with Fire damage, meaning fire spell power which you get from any item that says "Increases spell power by x". Honestly I haven't tested if "fire power" increases it's damage done but following this logic it should, although I don't find that very relevant. Also following this logic it's not a bug.

13. Eng also has a cloak enchant which gives 27 sp.
    The cloak enchant was not mentioned because it's replaced with the tailoring enchant.