1. I wonder. Does the staff have any reasoning to not implement 3.3.5b?
    Because its custom changes and they would also affect PvE.

3.3.5b should only be a thing on a cross realm.
    Upon entering the cross realm for a BG or Arena the game client would change from 3.3.5a to 3.3.5b.
    In this case the main realm would still run on 3.3.5a and PvE wouldn't be affected.

But I'm afraid that developing this would be extremly challenging, if not impossible.

2. Because its custom changes and they would also affect PvE.

3.3.5b should only be a thing on a cross realm.
    Upon entering the cross realm for a BG or Arena the game client would change from 3.3.5a to 3.3.5b.
    In this case the main realm would still run on 3.3.5a and PvE wouldn't be affected.

But I'm afraid that developing this would be extremly challenging, if not impossible.
    So your solution would be a new realm just for BG/Arena? Or I misunderstood

3. So your solution would be a new realm just for BG/Arena? Or I misunderstood
    You probably did. I think he’s referring to Crossrealm BG feature for Lord. Like Nexus, if you’re HoTS fan.
    Anyways, his idea is not possible, requires a lot of $$$.

4. So your solution would be a new realm just for BG/Arena? Or I misunderstood
    Thats pretty much what cross realm is to my understanding.
    A seperated realm where ppl from all 3 wotlk realms meet for BGs and arena.
    You probably did. I think he’s referring to Crossrealm BG feature for Lord. Like Nexus, if you’re HoTS fan.
    Anyways, his idea is not possible, requires a lot of $$$.
    Its already in development.
    Edited: April 25, 2018

5. Thats pretty much what cross realm is to my understanding.
    A seperated realm where ppl from all 3 wotlk realms meet for BGs and arena.

Its already in development.
    Crossrealm BG is, not what you described in regards to 3.3.5b.

6. Crossrealm BG is, not what you described in regards to 3.3.5b.
    Yes, but then I don't get ur point that having a seperated realm with 3.3.5b would be more expensive than 3.3.5a.
    Also elaborate pls why u think that a seperated realm with 3.3.5b wouldnt be possible.
    Edited: April 25, 2018

7. Upon entering the cross realm for a BG or Arena the game client would change from 3.3.5a to 3.3.5b.
    There’s nothing to elaborate. Like you said, extremely challenging or (in Warmane’s case) impossible, due to not enough resorces or need to do it. I am not a dev but, I’m enough IT litterate to know this thing won’t happen and even if it would happen, it’d be three times more prone to various issues and nobody needs that.

8. There’s nothing to elaborate. Like you said, extremely challenging or (in Warmane’s case) impossible, due to not enough resorces or need to do it. I am not a dev but, I’m enough IT litterate to know this thing won’t happen and even if it would happen, it’d be three times more prone to various issues and nobody needs that.
    And still it would be the only possible way to implement 3.3.5b w/o affecting PvE.

9. Also elaborate pls why u think that a seperated realm with 3.3.5b wouldnt be possible.
    For starters, because, as per the section's rules, we aren't interested in opening new servers, and I'd go as far as say especially one with just a custom-made "patch" that never existed on retail.

10. For starters, because, as per the section's rules, we aren't interested in opening new servers,
    So cross realm wont happen or where do u attempt to run the cross bgs and arena when u have no dedicated realm for them?

11. So cross realm wont happen or where do u attempt to run the cross bgs and arena when u have no dedicated realm for them?
    I don't have any different information about the state of that feature other than what is already public, but I don't believe anything has changed. As for there being a need for a dedicated server, I don't know what the plans are, but I don't see why a new one would be required, when we already have Blackrock as a lighter server specific for PvP, which I believe should be able to host such cross-server temporary matches fine.

12. I don't have any different information about the state of that feature other than what is already public, but I don't believe anything has changed. As for there being a need for a dedicated server, I don't know what the plans are, but I don't see why a new one would be required, when we already have Blackrock as a lighter server specific for PvP, which I believe should be able to host such cross-server temporary matches fine.
    If that is the case blackrock, as cross realm host for BGs and Arena, could run on 3.3.5b while the other wotlk realms run on 3.3.5a so pve wouldnt be affected by 3.3.5b.
    If thats technical possible...

13. If that is the case blackrock, as cross realm host for BGs and Arena, could run on 3.3.5b while the other wotlk realms run on 3.3.5a so pve wouldnt be affected by 3.3.5b.
    If the changes are just behind-the-scenes mechanics for class abilities, I'm guessing it would be technically possible, even if confusing for those who don't know the differences and who could justifiably not be happy. But the main point here would be if there's interest from the Administration in having 3.3.5b again on Warmane at all, after it was removed even on Blackrock, if I recall it correctly.

14. Also elaborate pls why u think that a seperated realm with 3.3.5b wouldnt be possible.
    If that is the case blackrock, as cross realm host for BGs and Arena, could run on 3.3.5b while the other wotlk realms run on 3.3.5a so pve wouldnt be affected by 3.3.5b.
    Let's imagine for a moment that when going into a cross-realm BG for Lordaeron and Icecrown players, that the BG would be hosted on a BG-instance-only machine that supported 3.3.5b.
    Let's just assume, for the sake of argument, that this was possible and that it was implemented.

Suddenly, people's classes and spells work differently than what they would normally outside of a BG.
    That's a problem. A very big one.

15. Suddenly, people's classes and spells work differently than what they would normally outside of a BG.
    That's a problem. A very big one.
    I don't think it would be a big deal because the changes in 3.3.5b are only small adjustments to some talents and abilitys. They don't change the entire playstyle of a class.
    Most players probably wouldn't even notice the difference to 3.3.5a.

First ... 678910 Last