1. I don't think it would be a big deal because the changes in 3.3.5b are only small adjustments to some talents and abilitys. They don't change the entire playstyle of a class.
    Most players probably wouldn't even notice the difference to 3.3.5a.
    Actually that change a lot (imo)

2. If the changes are just behind-the-scenes mechanics for class abilities, I'm guessing it would be technically possible, even if confusing for those who don't know the differences and who could justifiably not be happy. But the main point here would be if there's interest from the Administration in having 3.3.5b again on Warmane at all, after it was removed even on Blackrock, if I recall it correctly.

There is one critical question to ask - How .... can .... we .... improve .... the .... arena .... community?

I understand that Warmane may not be very interested in this question and prefers to focus on pve. I get it. But IF they want to improve arena, and dramatically at that, and attract more of the arena community to Warname, then please implement 3.3.5b. The proposed changes in 3.3.5b were not flippantly determined by AT - they were agreed upon based on the input of the best players in the world to ever play 3.3.5a. That's not an exaggeration whatsoever either. Go watch YouTube clips of top AT players around the time 3.3.5b was going to be implemented and compare them to rank 1s from live. (Heck, even 1600 ranked rogues were playing at a reckful skill level, imagine the rank 1s of AT). But I digress.

Mercy says "Suddenly, people's classes and spells work differently than what they would normally outside of a BG.
    That's a problem. A very big one."

If you're seriously concerned about how arena players would react when their spells are slightly different in arena vs. in pve, I don't think you fully understand your own arena community. I truly mean that. How many casuals do you think play arena on your server? They generally stick to questing and pve. Even at the 1500 bracket you're already seeing players who no longer back pedal, mouse turn + strafe instead of keyboard-turn, use hotkeys instead of click, and do things that pure PvEers don't (i.e. LoS , interrupts, purges, CC, etc.) I'm pretty sure those players can grasp the simple concept that there are some differences in arena compared to the rest of the server, like barksin not being dispellable. This will not utterly blow their collective minds (except in a good way - balance will be incredible and under represented specs like frost DK, boomkin, surv hunter, actually become viable at high level arena!)

If it's going to be such an incredible deal breaker to have 3.3.5b limited to arena, then at the very least,

please
    please
    please
    implement
    3.3.5b
    on
    Blackrock and allow people to make clones of their non-Blackrock toons (with their gear) to Blackrock.

maybe then Balackrock would actually become popular

3. I'm pretty sure those players can grasp the simple concept that there are some differences in arena compared to the rest of the server, like barksin not being dispellable. This will not utterly blow their collective minds (except in a good way - balance will be incredible and under represented specs like frost DK, boomkin, surv hunter, actually become viable at high level arena!)
    3.3.5b on AT was so damn fun, bring it back!!

4. There is one critical question to ask - How .... can .... we .... improve .... the .... arena .... community?
    It has nothing to do with "focus on PvE" or whether a hobo or Jesus suggested the changes.
    There is one critical answer to give - Apparently.... not.... with.... custom.... content.

5. Apparently.... not.... with.... custom.... content.
    Why is custom content like patch 3.3.5b a deal breaker for Blackrock? The entire server is dedicated to pvp. I can see dragon slayers being up in arms about this, but the vast majority of the pvp community would love this. Is it the effort in developing it? Didn't you acquire 3.3.5b when AT merged into Warmane?

6. Why is custom content like patch 3.3.5b a deal breaker for Blackrock? The entire server is dedicated to pvp. I can see dragon slayers being up in arms about this, but the vast majority of the pvp community would love this. Is it the effort in developing it? Didn't you acquire 3.3.5b when AT merged into Warmane?
    Not sure what you mean with "deal breaker." Yes, when we absorbed the staff from the closing AT we got 3.3.5b. Blackrock even used it for quite a while, until the decision was made to not use that custom content. Why is it so difficult to understand and accept that the servers we want to offer simply might not involve or include custom changes to race/class mechanics? This is just an even larger version of the Every Man for Himself complains.

7. Why is it so difficult to understand and accept that the servers we want to offer simply might not involve or include custom changes to race/class mechanics?
    I'm merely asking why Warmane has taken that stance with respect to Blackrock if the pvp community would overwhelmingly appreciate that change. You're simply repeating yourself that the server doesn't want to include custom content. =)

Reasons were provided for why Warmane won't implement 3.3.5b on servers other than Blackrock (it would confuse arena players and it may not technically be possible to isolate the changes to arena). I'm curious why Warmane would resist implementing custom content specifically in the context of Blackrock.

8. I'm merely asking why Warmane has taken that stance with respect to Blackrock if the pvp community would overwhelmingly appreciate that change. You're simply repeating yourself that the server doesn't want to include custom content. =)
    So you are receiving an answer, reading the answer, acknowledging the answer, but treating it not as an answer and saying I'm repeating myself?

9. So you are receiving an answer, reading the answer, acknowledging the answer, but treating it not as an answer and saying I'm repeating myself?
    You provided an answer to why Warmane does not want to implement 3.3.5b or any custom content in specifically in regard to Blackrock? I guess I must have missed that one.

10. You provided an answer to why Warmane does not want to implement 3.3.5b or any custom content in specifically in regard to Blackrock? I guess I must have missed that one.
    Let's try like this...

a) Warmane isn't interested in custom race/class changes on its servers;
    b) Blackrock is a Warmane server;
    c) Therefore ________.

11. You provided an answer to why Warmane does not want to implement 3.3.5b or any custom content in specifically in regard to Blackrock? I guess I must have missed that one.
    He hasn't, but I would bet that the moderators haven't specifically discussed this issue amongst themselves in a very long time. It's arena and it's not going to be at the top of their priority list.

12. Let's try like this...

a) Warmane isn't interested in custom race/class changes on its servers;
    b) Blackrock is a Warmane server;
    c) Therefore ________.
    Yeah ... it's the WHY part of your subparagraph a, in regard to Blackrock, that's a bit over your head ... But thanks for pointing out that Blackrock is a Warmane server. It's like Ralph Wiggum over here. Let's just move on.

13. No, it's over YOUR head somehow. You are the one acting like Blackrock is a separate entity or an exception. The SAME answer that applies to our other servers applies to Blackrock: because we do not want to use custom race/class tweaks in our servers, including Blackrock.

This is like trying to explain something to a block of Osmium.

14. No, it's over YOUR head somehow. You are the one acting like Blackrock is a separate entity or an exception. The SAME answer that applies to our other servers applies to Blackrock: because we do not want to use custom race/class tweaks in our servers, including Blackrock.
    I know, you've already said you don't want to apply it on Blackrock. It's the WHY you were struggling with. Now, for the fist time, you've expounded on your prior statement. Good job.

Now let's break the WHY down into it's two components.

1.) Players on Blackrock will become confused; and
    2.) 3.3.5b cannot technically be implemented (or if so, it would be extraordinarily difficult) on Blackrock.

1.) We should poll the Blackrock community to get a better insight into whether 3.3.5b would utterly shatter their worldview and/or leave them lost wandering souls; and
    2.) Did 3.3.5b exist on Blackrock for a bit after the merger while 3.3.5a existed on all other Warmane servers?

15. No, I'm not struggling with a why. I have given you a simple and straightforward why.
    You're struggling to accept that our why doesn't has to convince or be accepted by you.

First ... 78910 Last