1. banned accounts announcer

When a account gets banned the account name shouldn't be shared to the public.
    Once I got banned for 2 days and the entire realm was able to see parts of my account informations in the chat.
    Even though ppl don't know the password of the account I feel like sharing the account name to the public is a unnecessary security risk and these informations should be hidden.
    Edited: April 25, 2018

2. You're right, instead it should show every character of the account.

Also if your account is ACCOUNT, it will display "ACC**** get ban" so except if your account name is Jakkre, it should not be a security issue, imo

3. 1) theres no need to humiliate people 2) the rest of the players dont want to get spammed with everybody who got punished that day.
    Why do they feel the need to make examples of people?

4. 1) theres no need to humiliate people 2) the rest of the players dont want to get spammed with everybody who got punished that day.
    Why do they feel the need to make examples of people?
    having bans visible shows cheaters warmane does infact ban people. while i do agree with Jakkre that account name doesn't need to be shown, i very much do believe bans should be announced.

5. Its still annoying as heck to get spammed with the latest wave of botting/gold selling/ninja bans. I'd like to disable it somehow so it doesnt disrupt my gameplay. Maybe you like to see it if you get off on that "schottenfreude" type of thing. I think its bad enough the person got banned (whether deserved or not) but no need to rub extra salt in the wound. Especially in the rare case where someone got banned for ninja- when it actually turned out to either be accidental misclick or misunderstanding or that it was just someone falsely accused them because they got butthurt that they didnt win the /roll or where the item was reserved and theyre trying to get revenge on the person that the item was reserved for. So then even if the ban gets successfully appealed and the person who did the false report ends up getting punished- it doesnt matter because now the innocent person's rep got ruined. (how do you even open a ticket anyway for something other than reports and ban appeals?)

6. Its still annoying as heck to get spammed with the latest wave of botting/gold selling/ninja bans. I'd like to disable it somehow so it doesnt disrupt my gameplay. Maybe you like to see it if you get off on that "schottenfreude" type of thing. I think its bad enough the person got banned (whether deserved or not) but no need to rub extra salt in the wound. Especially in the rare case where someone got banned for ninja- when it actually turned out to either be accidental misclick or misunderstanding or that it was just someone falsely accused them because they got butthurt that they didnt win the /roll or where the item was reserved and theyre trying to get revenge on the person that the item was reserved for. So then even if the ban gets successfully appealed and the person who did the false report ends up getting punished- it doesnt matter because now the innocent person's rep got ruined. (how do you even open a ticket anyway for something other than reports and ban appeals?)
    the only way this would negatively effect anyone is if everyone knows your account name (which they shouldn't). if a couple lines of red text disrupts your game that much than you have problems.

7. when its more than 5 people getting banned every couple hours? You bet I have problems. Alot of people have problems with spammers. When players do it- they get muted for a minute or 2. Unfortunately theres no anti-flood protection against server spam. I bet you /leave Local Defense when the other faction attacks your city. Spam is spam. Whether its a flood of red text because a dozen bots got banned or a flood of guild recruitment, profession spam, WTB/WTS, LFM raid spam, or chuck norris jokes.

Nobody likes spam. If I get tired of global spam, I can leave the channel. I cant suppress server messages. The yellow text about warmane I can ignore, my brain filters it out eventually. Certain colors pop out tho- purple, blue, green, and red text draws my eyes to it and away from whatever else im doing (like combats). If they gms feel the need to announce bans, then we as players should be given an option to disable it because its not crucial that everybody know- but if an individual person feels its important to them to know which players got banned for what then they can look at it. The rest of us shouldnt be forced to.
    Because then it feels like we are being punished as well for the actions of others. I'd like there to be an option to opt out of the public executions.

8. It's crucial to know if someone is a ninja or a scammer, in my opinion, also well, it's strange to see how disturbing it is for you, it's like if you get a speech of a yelling mob

9. It's crucial to know if someone is a ninja or a scammer,
    Maybe but I can assure u that Warmane would never ever share the names of banned characters to the public.
    They have interest in keeping their players on the server, even if they got temporary banned for whatever reason.
    Public denouncing of players is even against the server rules.

In regards to the banned account announcer in the chat: They should just encrypt the account name so its not a security risk for the banned person.
    Edited: April 27, 2018

10. Maybe but I can assure u that Warmane would never ever share the names of banned characters to the public.
    They have interest in keeping their players on the server, even if they got temporary banned for whatever reason.
    Public denouncing of players is even against the server rules.
    As far as I remember, there were character bans a few years ago, not just account bans. And character names were shown in those messages instead of account name. Replacing account name with character name would remove the security problem and make the message more useful. And if you know the person who is getting banned, half of the time you can tell who it is from the visible part of the account name already.

In regards to the banned account announcer in the chat: They should just encrypt the account name so its not a security risk for the banned person.
    At that point they could just remove account name from the message completely.

11. i always lold when ppl got banned for 48 hours using hacks... Made me wanna start hacking too (not playing anymore). This is no warning to legit players imo, this simply encourages ppl to start using hacks because of that silly punishment. Perm ban hackers or stop these announcement at all.

12. i always lold when ppl got banned for 48 hours using hacks... Made me wanna start hacking too (not playing anymore). This is no warning to legit players imo, this simply encourages ppl to start using hacks because of that silly punishment. Perm ban hackers or stop these announcement at all.
    I don't know what realm that is on but I haven't seen any of those on Icecrown. Hacking bans are much longer and 3rd or 4th ban is always permanent. If it's only 48 hours, it might be automated ban from anti-cheat.

13. i always lold when ppl got banned for 48 hours using hacks... Made me wanna start hacking too (not playing anymore). This is no warning to legit players imo, this simply encourages ppl to start using hacks because of that silly punishment. Perm ban hackers or stop these announcement at all.
    2 days bans are for things like pvping in sanctuary as in my case.
    Bans for hacking are at least for one month as far as I know.

14. While I personally don't see that much of an issue - for a simple reasoning: don't break rules and you have nothing to worry about - I kinda sorta see the point, even if having the account name means nothing when proper security is used. Perhaps certain lighter bans could show just the name of the character banned, while the more serious ones that have long duration or are permanent kept stating the account name? Not sure if there's interest in tweaking that, but we'll see. What I can say is that some sort of message is going to be shown and I don't see chances of that going away, as many more players are interested in and feel reassured by seeing we do take action, than there are those who get upset and distracted(?).

I forwarded this concern for it to be considered and someone to come give a final reply.