1. Managing proccs

Hey!

I’ve been multiboxing for some time now, but only recently started getting into the whole melee-compositions. Do any of you have any tips and/or tricks on how to manage it all?

I’ve setup ISBoxer with follow- and interact-settings for melee-characters, which is working great. I mostly struggle with proccs (maelstrom, bloodsurge, etc). Is there a way to effectively implement something into my DPS-macros?

I’m at work now, so can’t copy+paste anything, but I was thinking something like this for the enhancement shamans:

/cast Chain Lightning
    /stopcasting

And then including that macro into my /click-rotation. Would that work? I don’t think I can use something like that on my warrior, since the “/stopcasting” would cancel other queued spells (Heroic Strike, etc), right?

Also, I never really got the hang of eclipse-management on balance druids. I’ve tried different setups (even tried some advanced-**** action-bar switching-system, which was a pain to manage), but never found something that really works for me. Any tips on this as well?
    Edited: March 27, 2017 Reason: words

2. Jamba has the option to display the procs that your slaves get.

Use a manual bind to use whichever ability the proc requires.

Don't make the same mistake that other multiboxers often do - trying to make everything automatic and run off 1-4 keybinds. Especially in PvP, you need to retain a certain level of control of your characters in order to play them efficiently.

3. Thanks!

Yeah, I've dabbled a bit with Jamba to display proccs. Working okay for maelstrom, though it displays it regardless if it's one or five stacks of it. Might be something I can fix.

I'm a casual multiboxer and generally horrible at PvP - so I'm avoiding that. Sticking to PvE. I'm working on using more hotkeys for more control. Just need to get everything sorted (detecting procs, etc).

I've seen you with a fair amount of melee-characters, Ed. What kind of DPS do you pull with DK, ret pala and such?

4. I don't use my melees in PvE. I use ranged since they are easier to manage.

Try getting WeakAuras to work for stacking procs like Maelstrom.
    Edited: March 27, 2017

5. I use Power Auras Classic to detect the procs. The addon is highly configurable and it can show procs of certain characters. Works perfect to show procs of ur slaves on the master window.
    For example, u can show on ur master window when the slaves have x5 mealstorm.

6. Ah, sweet. I'll give both addons a go, and see which one works for me. Thanks guys!

I updated my macros with the Chain Lightning-macro on the enhancement shamans yesterday, and managed to pull 4k DPS with two of em (kinda poorly geared), so it seems I'm on the right track.

7. I have a setup for pve that has 4 core keys for Tank/DPS/heal, and then up to 10 different toggles that change those keys, that works well for me, that's the Pro system in ISBoxer,

8. I'm using the Pro System aswell. As I said earlier I should work on implementing more hotkeys, so that's next on my list.
    Thanks, Diona!