1. Most noob friendly class

Hi there,

So I'm trying to get my girlfriend into WoW, but I'm unsure what to let her play.
    On the one side you could argue that she should play anything, pick what she think looks most appealing.
    But on the other side I want to give her the easiest character to play so that she's not overwhelmed or instantly turns it down as it's too difficult.

Any ideas would be helpful :3

Note:
    Gaming isn't something she does in her free time, she plays Hearthstone and she watched the Warcraft movie and seems to be interested in giving WoW a try.
    We're playing Wrath of the Lich King (Lot's of people, and content is fairly bug free... She also has a potato as a laptop)

2. Hey there,

first of all congratulations on successfully convicting your gf wow is a good thing :) I've been trying that for years with my wife, and I haven't managed it yet. Please tell me how? She also enjoyed Warcraft movie but WoW is too "cartonish" for her.

Regarding your question: I think hunter or warlock should be best class for her. Really. They both have pets which helps a lot when it comes to taunt mobs. My sister used to play both classes and she found them fun and easy to play with and she has no gaming skills at all!

Best of luck!

3. Druids would be good choice aswell just cause their versatility plus she can try every aspect of the game pve wise, meele/range dps,tank or heal.

4. I say hunter would be the best choice for her.
    BM for leveling and later on MM for raiding.

5. I think it really doesn't matter what spec she would play with while leveling. Let her pick what she finds amusing the most. Let her read and discover the game by herself, better than you advicing her what to do next.
    My first character, 10 years ago, was hunter. I was picking talents like a ****** but still I was having fun with my hero :)

6. A noob as in don't know anything bout game mechanic or a noob as in generally doesnt play stuff so she's a bit lazy on her fingers and tracking stuff?
    If it's the other then maybe: destro locks, moonkin druids, arcane mages (maybe fire, idk), UH dk, ret pala.
    out of those I tried all of them, but I still find lock fun to play out of the mentioned ones, I just like the idea of warlocks.

7. my GF play Wow since beginning mostly, and she started with a hunter, the pet is a big (+) for beginners, but then when LK came out, played as mage and it was the catch,
    travelling everywhere with portal, can have a pet aswell,
    making food and water,
    good dps,
    multiple shield, barrier, blink and so on,
    well i would say a Rdps is a good starter, even she don't reach 80 with it, just to discover the game and may be change for wathever she has discovered during the lvling.

8. Druids would be good choice aswell just cause their versatility plus she can try every aspect of the game pve wise, meele/range dps,tank or heal.
    ^ +1 for Druid

9. Several questions determine the choice I think:

1. Does she wanna play PvE or PvP (I guess PvE is a better start to get to know the game and learn aout her character's skills)
    2. Is she the chop'm up type of player (like the click-until-nothing-moves-anymore Death Knights/Warriors) or would she rather play on wits (which I myself like about my Warlock)
    3. Would she prefer melee or ranged fights; if she is into sneak attacks: consider a Rogue; their Stealth ability has the additional advantage that she can avoid PvE situations if she pleases by fading out
    4. Would she prefer to do her own fighting, or would she fancy having a pet/minion assisting her
    5. Is she gonna be more of a solotary player or would she rather operate with groups of players
    6. Would she rather be healer, tank or dps. Inform her that healers can do a lot of damage as well, but that they are capable of assisting other players as well, and that tanks are proficient as well because they are so resillient that they have a lot of time to do their opponents in); I myself, being the social type, like playing healers and Warlocks because they are more group-oriented.

Hope to see her soon! As we say in the Netherlands: more souls, more joy!

Shiarta

10. Paladin PVE:

Tank : Best tank easiest threat rotation, same rotation for aoe and single target threat, extra life if somehow you fail on something
    Healer: Easiest healer 1 spell wonder but also one of the more powerful and useful healers
    Retri: Must have raid dpsers with easy rotation and save yourself from raid mechanic button also very tanky

Paladin PVP:

Dps: Easy to play, bursty can blow **** up without effort
    Heals: Tanky and easy to play low skill req comparitavly

Paladin as a whole is by far the easiest class to play AND gear with tons of boes cause of their cabaility to use all items ( heal with leather mail cloth plate items is fine )

11. Everybody knows girls can only play warriors.

12. So we started playing a few days ago. I gave a breakdown of each class (very basic, I.E. hunter has pets and they use ranged weapons like guns/bows) and she went with Hunter.
    We're now around level 34/5 and she seems to be enjoying it quite a bit. I've also told her to try out all the other classes/races and level to around 10 or so to get a slight feel for the class.
    She has since level'd a Priest (which she finds ooms quite a bit) and a Mage which she's enjoy quite a bit (More dmg output at lower levels compared to hunter, can also still do dmg when at point-blank)
    Based on this I also told her to try out warlock cause she'd have the best of both worlds (Hunter/Mage).

Thanks for all the advice :3.

Hey there,

first of all congratulations on successfully convicting your gf wow is a good thing :) I've been trying that for years with my wife, and I haven't managed it yet. Please tell me how? She also enjoyed Warcraft movie but WoW is too "cartonish" for her.

Regarding your question: I think hunter or warlock should be best class for her. Really. They both have pets which helps a lot when it comes to taunt mobs. My sister used to play both classes and she found them fun and easy to play with and she has no gaming skills at all!

Best of luck!

I wish could narrow it down to a specific point.
    However at first I went with Mobile games, we played 8Ball and we'd also play the same single player games that she had already played like Candy Crusher (See who can get to a higher level etc.).
    After that it was Hearthstone, which she seems to enjoy quite a bit. And I have some couch co-op games on steam (with remotes) that we've also played every now and then.
    The first time I showed her WoW she wasn't really phased, I think she was playing for 10-15minutes or so (before this thread) and she was didn't seem to in to it.
    After a good couple of days after playing Hearthstone (She was about level 10ish on each class) we watched the Warcraft Movie, after which I said I feel like playing WoW again. And she said Same :P
    So yeah that's about it :3
    Girlfriend also watched Anime and reads Manga, so the "cartoonish" graphics won't bother her.

Good Luck to you :)!

Druids would be good choice aswell just cause their versatility plus she can try every aspect of the game pve wise, meele/range dps,tank or heal.
    Yeah that is actually not a bad choice either, however when she picked a race it was Blood Elf. Soooooo no druids there xD

I say hunter would be the best choice for her.
    BM for leveling and later on MM for raiding.
    Indeed, however because we're leveling together I have her on MM to increase dmg output.

I think it really doesn't matter what spec she would play with while leveling. Let her pick what she finds amusing the most. Let her read and discover the game by herself, better than you advicing her what to do next.
    My first character, 10 years ago, was hunter. I was picking talents like a ****** but still I was having fun with my hero :)
    Haha that's true too, she keeps asking me about talents with her hunter, but when she plays on her Mage/Priest she just chooses whatever.
    My first character a Paladin, was Retribution And I completed the tree as I figured that was the dps tree so all my points should go there :D Also using a Axe (Agi/Stam) with a Shield. :P

A noob as in don't know anything bout game mechanic or a noob as in generally doesnt play stuff so she's a bit lazy on her fingers and tracking stuff?
    If it's the other then maybe: destro locks, moonkin druids, arcane mages (maybe fire, idk), UH dk, ret pala.
    out of those I tried all of them, but I still find lock fun to play out of the mentioned ones, I just like the idea of warlocks.
    Something with an easy rotation? Yeah that makes sense.

my GF play Wow since beginning mostly, and she started with a hunter, the pet is a big (+) for beginners, but then when LK came out, played as mage and it was the catch,
    travelling everywhere with portal, can have a pet aswell,
    making food and water,
    good dps,
    multiple shield, barrier, blink and so on,
    well i would say a Rdps is a good starter, even she don't reach 80 with it, just to discover the game and may be change for wathever she has discovered during the lvling.
    Actually forgot that mages have pets (glyph and it's perma). Only thing I sort of regret is the fact that Hunters need ammo ._. that is so annoying. She seems to be enjoying the mage quite a bit.

Several questions determine the choice I think:

1. Does she wanna play PvE or PvP (I guess PvE is a better start to get to know the game and learn aout her character's skills)
    2. Is she the chop'm up type of player (like the click-until-nothing-moves-anymore Death Knights/Warriors) or would she rather play on wits (which I myself like about my Warlock)
    3. Would she prefer melee or ranged fights; if she is into sneak attacks: consider a Rogue; their Stealth ability has the additional advantage that she can avoid PvE situations if she pleases by fading out
    4. Would she prefer to do her own fighting, or would she fancy having a pet/minion assisting her
    5. Is she gonna be more of a solotary player or would she rather operate with groups of players
    6. Would she rather be healer, tank or dps. Inform her that healers can do a lot of damage as well, but that they are capable of assisting other players as well, and that tanks are proficient as well because they are so resillient that they have a lot of time to do their opponents in); I myself, being the social type, like playing healers and Warlocks because they are more group-oriented.

Hope to see her soon! As we say in the Netherlands: more souls, more joy!

Shiarta
    You have so many questions :(
    1. We'll stick with PvE for now.
    2. 3. 4. I don't think she's played enough games in order to answer that.
    5. Uhm I don't know, considering how toxic some players are on Icecrown. She might not like playing with others. Although she did group up with someone to do a quest the other day on her mage (Said she felted like she was cheating on me :3 I told her to group up when it's beneficial or when she's struggling and I can't help her)
    6. I think for now we'll keep to dps.

That's a nice saying :P

Paladin PVE:

Tank : Best tank easiest threat rotation, same rotation for aoe and single target threat, extra life if somehow you fail on something
    Healer: Easiest healer 1 spell wonder but also one of the more powerful and useful healers
    Retri: Must have raid dpsers with easy rotation and save yourself from raid mechanic button also very tanky

Paladin PVP:

Dps: Easy to play, bursty can blow **** up without effort
    Heals: Tanky and easy to play low skill req comparitavly

Paladin as a whole is by far the easiest class to play AND gear with tons of boes cause of their cabaility to use all items ( heal with leather mail cloth plate items is fine )
    I agree that paladins are quite great, however the fact that they're quite sucky the first few levels, with only having Judgement kinda makes leveling a bore.

Everybody knows girls can only play warriors.
    Are you saying that because you're a girl and that's all you play? OR?

13. If your gf is anything like my wife, tell her to go Warlock. My wife is an evil b*tch that loves destroying people's lives. 😔

14. I'm the evil one in the relationship :3

15. While my GF was playing Mage, I was the Evil Warlock , go ahead and destroy everything on your path ;)

12 Last